UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mir: Cormier 'lacks finishing ability'

3/18/13 5:05 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I pretty much know the guy. He has extremely strong, efficient wrestling. I think he throws his hands pretty fast and without abandon. I don’t think he’s the most technical boxer in the world, I don’t think he even thinks he’s the most technical boxer in the world. He’s definitely not JDS, but who is? On the ground though, it really showed me, let’s face it, if I had the same guy on the ground fight would have ended pretty quickly. He wasn’t able to put the guy away through a lack of finishing abilities, through a lack of finishing moves. So that’s one thing that actually surprised me,” said Mir.

“I thought he couldn’t finish Josh because of Josh’s abilities, but then I realized ‘No, he doesn’t really have much finishing ability’. He can catch you with a punch, let’s face it, every heavyweight over 200 pounds has that ability to finish a fight if he catches you. But you got to have the ability to finish with the submission, you know definitive ground and pound where you actually finish somebody off against the cage and it’s menacing. Not just finally the referee’s like ‘Well, you know, I guess the guy’s had enough. You really can’t put him away let me help end this fight for you.’”

read entire article...

3/18/13 5:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DoomFarmer
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bigfoot disagrees.

Cormier will toy with Mir.
3/18/13 5:10 PM
chokeyou
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL

since Mir can't fight for more than 3 mins he won't have to.
3/18/13 5:11 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been a fan of mir in the past but the shit that hes saying lately is beyond stupid... Phone Post
3/18/13 5:13 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/18/13 5:15 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -

Here comes the boom Phone Post
3/18/13 5:16 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

for mma his boxing is technical

3/18/13 5:17 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To paraphrase: "Cormier lacks finishing ability on the ground. At Heavyweight anyone can finish if they catch you with a hard punch."

*UG brings up Bigfoot fight, where Cormier caught him and finished him on the feet*
3/18/13 5:19 PM
gino209
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bet the house on cormier, mir has gone full retard if he really believes the olympic wrestler that broke his hand in the first round, against a crafty veteran that has only been finished by prime Mirko and Rizzo, and who has knocked out a challenger that even the champion and everyone's hero overeem couldnt fux wit, lacks finishing ability, i dont think more than 3-4 of his fights even went to decision. Mir is gonna die, wait nvm, he will get knocked out before that happens, this is just silly.
3/18/13 5:20 PM
dahosse
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uhhh.. I kind of agree, but Mir needs to learn how to express himself a little differently. This is going to be one occasion of many where his pre-fight comments are going to look kind of foolish post-fight. Phone Post
3/18/13 5:22 PM
ABE FROMAN

I like a lot of Mir's views but dude doesn't give one damn person any credit. Whether he's fighting them or not he always has something ill to say like he's the only fighter capable of anything.

3/18/13 5:24 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - To paraphrase: "Cormier lacks finishing ability on the ground. At Heavyweight anyone can finish if they catch you with a hard punch."

*UG brings up Bigfoot fight, where Cormier caught him and finished him on the feet*

“I thought he couldn’t finish Josh because of Josh’s abilities, but then I realized ‘No, he doesn’t really have much finishing ability’.

Barnett has been finished 3x, 1 was a shoulder injury. Frank wouldn't finish Barnett either, and would struggle with him unlike Cormier. 

and he's also got 2 wins by submission (punches) from the ground but Im sure thats still not good enough for Frank. Mir is getting finished with strikes just like every loss of his career 

3/18/13 5:26 PM
stonepony

Remember what he said after the Shane Carwin fight? "I was worried about his wrestling, I forgot he hits hard". Paraphrasing, but yeah.
3/18/13 5:46 PM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tl;dr Frank saying he has better jiu jitsu
3/18/13 5:54 PM
shaqitup
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
RileyPust - To paraphrase: "Cormier lacks finishing ability on the ground. At Heavyweight anyone can finish if they catch you with a hard punch."

“I thought he couldn’t finish Josh because of Josh’s abilities, but then I realized ‘No, he doesn’t really have much finishing ability’.

Barnett has been finished 3x, 1 was a shoulder injury. Frank wouldn't finish Barnett either, and would struggle with him unlike Cormier. 

and he's also got 2 wins by submission (punches) from the ground but Im sure thats still not good enough for Frank. Mir is getting finished with strikes just like every loss of his career 

Mir isn't exactly right, and i wouldn't even expect cormier to have a great sub game considering how long he's been training, but how does Cormier finishing a guy nobody has ever heard of, and a guy that just got finished by james mcsweeney mean he has great ground and pound.

I'm not saying anything about his GNP abilities, but his wins utilizing it aren't exactly against the cream of the crop.

3/18/13 5:54 PM
Freddie Gavaria
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, its like that UG Blog!?!

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2148995&page=1

3/18/13 5:59 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Freddie Gavaria -

Oh, its like that UG Blog!?!

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2148995&page=1

They've always been UG Copy and Paste, taking members threads and turning them into their own Phone Post
3/18/13 6:00 PM
hogh20

WelshWarrior - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -

For all you dummies who are showing Cormier KOing Bigfoot, Mir said that EVERYBODY OVER 200 POUNDS HAS KO ABILITY.
3/18/13 6:08 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thrash Athletics, CEO

I think Mir has taken to many verbal shots from his wife and is all confused. 

3/18/13 6:09 PM
ChampionBigMouth

Shut up Frank. Being hit by someone over 200 hurts like fuck but Cormier is a physically talented MF, that is why he knocked Bigfoot out. He could knock a guy out if he was 100lb with what he has already learned in boxing. Give the man his credit, he might be fat but he is totally fucking legit and has a good chance to win. I would bet on him.
3/18/13 6:17 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

I'm just saying, it was pretty clear he was talking about Daniel's ground game so I was just poking fun. The UG Blog sure likes it's sensational headlines, though. It's all irrelevant because, like you said, Mir is getting finished with strikes.
3/18/13 6:19 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

hogh20 - 
WelshWarrior - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -

For all you dummies who are showing Cormier KOing Bigfoot, Mir said that EVERYBODY OVER 200 POUNDS HAS KO ABILITY.

Show me Forrest Ko'ing someone in the UFC 

Tito recently? 

Phil Davis?

When has Jon Jones ko'd somebody? 

You're an idiot just like Frank if you believe EVERYBODY over 200lbs has Ko ability. 

When's the last time Frank ko'd somebody with his fists? When's the last knock down he had with his fists? Kongo? 

3/18/13 6:20 PM
DoomFarmer
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hogh20 - 
WelshWarrior - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -

I'll bring up what I want to bring it up regardless of it's relevancy, do you understand me?

This is just Mir waxing on about how he knows the intriccacies of details of moves that DC doesn't even know the name of.

Mir gets pummeled here, regardless.
3/18/13 6:23 PM
RileyPust

^^ Speaking of bringing things up regardless of relevancy, I'm on the fence but I think I'm leaning towards Te Huna beating Glover. Need a hanky?
3/18/13 6:37 PM
hogh20

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
hogh20 - 
WelshWarrior - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -

Show me Forrest Ko'ing someone in the UFC 

Tito recently? 

Phil Davis?

When has Jon Jones ko'd somebody? 

You're an idiot just like Frank if you believe EVERYBODY over 200lbs has Ko ability. 

When's the last time Frank ko'd somebody with his fists? When's the last knock down he had with his fists? Kongo? 

Everyone of those guys listed has the ability. You are an idiot if you think they can't. Just because they havn't or havn't recently means that they can't? Are you fucking delisuional? EVERYBODY over 200, and obviously many guys under it as well, have that ability. It is not about power anyway, hit the guy on the right spot on his chin, or behind his ear, he will go down.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.