UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mir: Cormier 'lacks finishing ability'

3/18/13 7:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sergio88
492 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -

Mir most of forgot that finised. Phone Post
3/18/13 7:01 PM
Sergio88
492 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*Finish Phone Post
3/18/13 7:02 PM
submitbitch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir would lick his own butt if he could. I have never seen someone so in love with themselves.... I predict a finish with Mir on the losing end.
3/18/13 7:04 PM
stonepony

Edited: 03/18/13 7:04 PM
Mir and DC could have a great fight... Francis could have upgraded his cardio now that Brock isn't lurking about. DC's wrestling should give him the grappling advantage (position before submission), but they could have a good standing battle. Frank's ego is a big factor. He wants to drop DC.

They'd both put Overeem to sleep.
3/18/13 7:05 PM
stonepony

submitbitch - Mir would lick his own butt if he could. I have never seen someone so in love with themselves.... I predict a finish with Mir on the losing end.

Yep, big ego. The guy wants to be a male model. Guarantee that guy spends waaaaay too much time in the mirror.
3/18/13 7:40 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

y u selling wolftickets mir?

3/18/13 7:41 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He doesn't have the subs that Mir has but he does have a fair amount of finishing ability.

3/18/13 7:59 PM
Jmadd
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uh oh. cormier isn't going to like this. he's gonna tool mir with his hands just to prove a point
3/18/13 8:26 PM
Eggbert
738 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big step up for Cormier fighting frank. Never ever count frank out. I'm a Mir fan for life but this will be a very interesting fight Phone Post
3/18/13 8:27 PM
CaptainWoody
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - Bigfoot disagrees.

Cormier will toy with Mir.

And right from the get go..the first post completely ignores what he said...unreal
3/18/13 8:36 PM
UGSlapshot

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
RileyPust - To paraphrase: "Cormier lacks finishing ability on the ground. At Heavyweight anyone can finish if they catch you with a hard punch."

*UG brings up Bigfoot fight, where Cormier caught him and finished him on the feet*

“I thought he couldn’t finish Josh because of Josh’s abilities, but then I realized ‘No, he doesn’t really have much finishing ability’.

Barnett has been finished 3x, 1 was a shoulder injury. Frank wouldn't finish Barnett either, and would struggle with him unlike Cormier. 

and he's also got 2 wins by submission (punches) from the ground but Im sure thats still not good enough for Frank. Mir is getting finished with strikes just like every loss of his career 

They should just make shots to the back of the head legal, its not like the refs are competent enough to enforce the rules anyway. Phone Post
3/18/13 8:42 PM
SolracoMMA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Read this as:

Miss Cormier lacks finishing ability. 0_o Phone Post
3/18/13 9:10 PM
Stea1th

Mir is going to see strawberry fields again. Can't wait to see that, Phone Post
3/18/13 9:10 PM
Carl Sonnen

Me thinks Mir is gonna get shown a finish.
3/18/13 9:13 PM
jitsnbeer

WHo cares GSP doesn't finish people on the ground. Cormier should use a GSP style strategy and finish opponents in the later rounds. Since most of the big HW have zero cardio.
3/18/13 11:43 PM
ausgepicht

Frank Mir: 75% finish rate.

Daniel Cormier: 72% finish rate.

Difference? 3%.

Fail. Mir. Pretty bad fail.

3/18/13 11:47 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
785 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This will not end well for Murr

3/18/13 11:49 PM
ChaosOverkill
481 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure Mir should tempt hard punchers anymore after the punches he took from JDS and the wear on the tires.

3/19/13 12:10 AM
DoomFarmer

CaptainWoody -

And right from the get go..the first post completely ignores what he said...unreal
Go have a long hard cry, you fuck. Phone Post
3/19/13 12:40 AM
time traveling 12er
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So... none of you read the article?  Lol.

3/19/13 12:56 AM
CaptainWoody
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - 
CaptainWoody -

Go have a long hard cry, you fuck. Phone Post

awww you're breaking my heart, don't be so upset bro. I didn't mean to ruin your night with my criticism of your comprehension (or lack thereof) skills. Cheer up, I'm sorry.

And for the record..I think Cormier wins too
3/19/13 2:13 AM
Bentleysuper8

3/19/13 2:35 AM
Sergio88

Edited: 03/19/13 2:35 AM

This beating right here most of really did some damage to franks memory.

3/19/13 7:40 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bait bait bait bait...come on fishy bite.

Mir knows that the only real chance he has is if DC takes a big chance,either on the feet or on the ground. If DC decides to wrestle Mir for five grounds and keep top control without taking to many risk he will never have the slightest chance of pulling of a sub or winning the fight. DC would get either a TKO or decision victory with easy.

So lets try to fuck with his pride a little bit an hope that he bites.

Its not going to work though. I think Mir is a talented fighter but he never contend for the title anymore. A matchup between him and the Reem would have been a lot better for him. Unfortunately for someone who is dutch a lot of top level heavyweights have a reasonable chance against him (though it would still be a toss up in my book between them).

Its a little insulting to Josh as well. Josh is a fucking beast on the ground.Defensively as well. So its really not a comment that is thought out in a rational manner at all.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.