UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If you love GSP, but Hate Askren, tell me why

3/18/13 8:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMA Architect
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rantuckjr - Thick

Solid

Tight
I believe ur on the wrong thread... the 'Petition to Bring Back Cole Konrad' thread is the next aisle over. Phone Post
3/18/13 9:03 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - GSP couldn't finish Dan Hardy, so I don't know why people bring up the competition level.

Anderson couldn't finish a Thales Leites who got the shot by choking Drew Mcfedries. I'm going to use that to discredit the overall competition level of Anderson Silva because that doesn't seem retarded at all.
3/18/13 9:06 PM
D241
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TopGrinder -  Who the fuck has askren beat. If he came to the UFC dude would be exposed worse than hector Lombard when he had that crazy 25 win streak Phone Post

Dan Hornbuckle, Lyman Good, Nick Thompson, Douglas Lima, Jay Heiron.

You can't say that Askren is ducking anyone in Bellator. He's beating everyone they've put in front of him.

Would you say Hector Lombard's weakness in the UFC has been his wrestling?

3/18/13 9:08 PM
D241
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - 
Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - GSP couldn't finish Dan Hardy, so I don't know why people bring up the competition level.

Anderson couldn't finish a Thales Leites who got the shot by choking Drew Mcfedries. I'm going to use that to discredit the overall competition level of Anderson Silva because that doesn't seem retarded at all.

Did it appear to you that Anderson Silva tried to finish Thales Leites?(No)

Did it appear to you that GSP tried to finish Dan Hardy?(yes)

See the difference?

3/18/13 9:12 PM
Jo'donnell-Davies
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck askeren and he's boring fights. I'd rather watch guida run away for 25 mins than watch anymore of him Phone Post
3/18/13 9:13 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 
RileyPust - 

Did it appear to you that Anderson Silva tried to finish Thales Leites?(No)

Did it appear to you that GSP tried to finish Dan Hardy?(yes)

See the difference?

I see the difference, but I fail to see the relevance unless we're talking about who's a better fighter between Georges and Anderson. I was saying that it's ridiculous to point out the one fighter on somebody's record that isn't a killer and think it means anything.

Wait, does that make Anderson a Stand N Prayer?
3/18/13 9:14 PM
RileyPust

In relation to Askren, GSP has faced a much higher level of competition and Dan Hardy doesn't change that.
3/18/13 9:18 PM
D241

I got you RileyPust. The guy you quoted, I don't agree with what he said.

I just also didn't agree with your analogy.

I share the same opinion that GSP's first 11 fights are more impressive than Askrens. That doesn't seem very debatable either. The only talking point is GSP's loss, but that was to the GOAT WW at the time and GSP was putting it on him before he lost.

3/18/13 9:24 PM
RileyPust

I wasn't necessarily trying to make a good analogy, I was just trying to say something equally as stupid. I struggled to think of anything so I did what I could lol.
3/18/13 9:27 PM
ChaosOverkill
627 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Askren can't finish the farm team talent exept Amoussou.

GSP is fighting the top of the sport over and over, give them any mistakes and they will turn the fight momentum over.

GSP apologizes for being safe, Aksren tells the fans to fuck off.

3/18/13 9:29 PM
jitsnbeer
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP has the looks and the personality.
3/18/13 9:30 PM
RileyPust

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Andy couldn't finish Thales so he finished Hendo, Vitor and Sonnen. All is forgiven.

I agree. But whether he finished them or not has no bearing on whether he faced tough or weak competition in relation to anyone else.
3/18/13 9:33 PM
D241

RileyPust - I wasn't necessarily trying to make a good analogy, I was just trying to say something equally as stupid. I struggled to think of anything so I did what I could lol.

ha ha, I think mission accomplished lol

3/18/13 10:30 PM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I appreciate Askren telling the fans to fuck off. 

And he does what he says he is going to do.

3/18/13 10:40 PM
Neil McCauley
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

two of my favorite fighters to watch. Askrens funky scrambles, gsp all round game. I like that askren is cocky as hell AND backs it up.
3/18/13 10:54 PM
ChaosOverkill
627 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dermotfix - 

I appreciate Askren telling the fans to fuck off. 

And he does what he says he is going to do.

Would you and do you think his detractors would appreciate it if GSP told the fans to fuck off too?

Lol not a chance they would crucify him.

3/18/13 11:23 PM
DaddyGorg

Askren has the best scramble moves I ever saw. A real wizard. Any jerk can just stand there and flail his hands wildly. A dime a dozen, while Askren is unique.
11/14/13 3:00 PM
D241

ttt

11/14/13 3:02 PM
sacredhate
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

everything that GSP does and says outside the cage is respectful and professional, and he doesn't yap like a puppy to try and get attention and seem like a big dog.

Askren is the opposite of that.
11/14/13 3:12 PM
chris12

If gsp were to fight The guys Asrken fought, he'd finish them no doubt. Plus gsp is more active and throws harder shots on the ground. Ben Asrken will never
Have a fight as exciting as the gsp/Condit or gsp/Fitch fight. He's fight with koscheck IMO was entertaining as well. Please dont compare the 2. Gsp is fighting guys whose are extremely tough to finish. How often do anyone finish guys like Condit, Diaz, shields, Fitch? Ben Askren went to a split decision against Jay Herion whose like 0-4 in the UFC. That right there shows just how tough the WW division is. Gsp would be finishing everyone if he fought at Bellator. Look at Aldo, he only has 1 finish in the UFC. Higher competition means harder to finish Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 5:48 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's Face Broke My Hand -  There are levels of boring Phone Post

There are even differences in opinion on what is boring.

I find opera, NASCAR, country music, and most TV shows boring. Others disagree.

Same thing happens with fighters. Some people like one style, some people like another. Only six year old kids think everyone finds the same thing interesting.

11/14/13 9:55 PM
Vale_Tudo_83
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gsp's "weakest" competition would probably beat all the guys ben has beat too Phone Post
11/14/13 10:12 PM
Stephen Holder

Has mostly to with Canadianismness
11/14/13 11:36 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1059 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like both

obviously gsp has better subs and strikes

11/14/13 11:45 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 11/14/13 11:44 PM

Safe against the top 5 is not the same as safe against the bottom 30. Yes two finishes, of guys who wer so tired they could barely breathe.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.