UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Diaz should have been penalized

3/18/13 10:37 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Throughout this fight with Georges St-Pierre at UFC 158, Nick Diaz tried to get into the head of his opponent and rope him into a brawl. Diaz shoved GSP after the bell ended the first round, and also took a swing at him after the second round ended as well. UFC President Dana White commented on the situation at the post-fight press conference:

“In my opinion, the ref should have taken a point away right there. That wasn’t like, oops, I didn’t hear the bell.  It was intentional and it should have been a point,” said White during the UFC 158 post-fight press conference.

Diaz denied that he was actually trying to hit St-Pierre after the bell.

“I didn’t really try to take that shot.  I just threw it across his face. I know it sounds like some (expletive), but I really wasn’t going to hit him with that.  I was just being really mean out there because I wanted him to try to hurt me, try to finish me,” said Diaz during the post-fight press conference.

Diaz’s antics usually entail talking to his opponents, taunting them and an occasional obscene gesture in an attempt to bait them into attacking.

“That’s his style.  His whole style is to either get in your head to intimidate you or get in your head to get you to fight his kind of fight and play his game.  That’s what he does,” said White. “That’s definitely his style.”

read entire article...

So UG, do you agree? Should Diaz have been penalized for this antics after the bell had rung at the end of those rounds?

3/18/13 10:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
T Bag
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No shit
3/18/13 10:40 PM
Brabatross

When that happened my friends and I thought that a point should have been taken.
3/18/13 10:41 PM
Mihow
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

all I read was that Diaz wanted to be hurt, than finished
3/18/13 10:42 PM
32Hunter
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he didn't connect so no.
3/18/13 10:44 PM
White347LX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

32Hunter - he didn't connect so no.

3/18/13 10:44 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, but who cares? Clearly it wouldn't have made a difference.
3/18/13 10:45 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Any intentional foul should be penalized and that was clearly intentional. A point should have been taken...not that it would've mattered as far as the outcome is concerned.
3/18/13 10:49 PM
32Hunter
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yves did a fine job. the warning of a disqualification probably got control of the situation more than a point deduction would have.
3/18/13 10:49 PM
JetSetter

Diaz got punked for 5 rounds so no need to add insult to injury Phone Post
3/18/13 10:51 PM
suess
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

32Hunter - he didn't connect so no.

oh come on now, that shouldnt matter one bit. 

3/18/13 10:54 PM
suess
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

koscheck completely nullified Semtex's cheapshot, how many of you think he should have gotten off free?  no harm, no foul, right? 

3/18/13 10:56 PM
Wasa-B
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would have been well within line of the ruling and if it happened, Diaz may have walked out thinking there was some big conspiracy against him.
White347LX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess - 

koscheck completely nullified Semtex's cheapshot, how many of you think he should have gotten off free?  no harm, no foul, right? 

You don't see the difference?
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMANOOB695 - 

And GSP should have been penalized too..  He threw that knee after the horn sounded at the end of the first round...

I gues we'll never hear Dana say that ....

Lol.
3/18/13 10:58 PM
MadmanGadman
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - Any intentional foul should be penalized and that was clearly intentional. A point should have been taken...not that it would've mattered as far as the outcome is concerned.
This. Phone Post
3/18/13 10:58 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
JetSetter -  Diaz got punked for 5 rounds so no need to add insult to injury Phone Post

See, that's where you're wrong. The foul in question is a blatant one. It wasn't a kick to the balls to a fighter who a minute ago poked his opponent in the eye. This was a flagrant break of the rules. The ref should've taken a point. My best advice to Yves is "Don't be scared Homie!".
3/18/13 10:59 PM
Brabatross

RileyPust - 
MMANOOB695 - 

And GSP should have been penalized too..  He threw that knee after the horn sounded at the end of the first round...

I gues we'll never hear Dana say that ....

Lol.

LMAO your dp is sick.
3/19/13 12:41 AM
MasterofMartialArts
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't he do it twice after the bell? Phone Post
3/19/13 12:42 AM
MasterofMartialArts
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And I remember him getting warned about the possibility of him getting disqualified. Phone Post
3/19/13 1:20 AM
suess

White347LX - 
suess - 

You don't see the difference?

of course i do.  one guy missed and the other guy got blocked.  doesn't mean it should go unpunished...

3/19/13 1:26 AM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As long as your rule breaking doesn't cause your opponent to not be able to continue there's zero penalty 99% of the time. Phone Post
3/19/13 1:35 AM
MMAFAN167

Phone Post
3/19/13 1:36 AM
MasterofMartialArts

Condit's Face Broke My Hand - As long as your rule breaking doesn't cause your opponent to not be able to continue there's zero penalty 99% of the time. Phone Post
No. The sport is also an art, and should be treated as such. Part of Martial Arts is respect and budo. Not to mention fair play, and throwing a shot after the bell is not that, whether or not it landed. It's disrespectful and unacceptable. Phone Post
3/19/13 7:18 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's Face Broke My Hand -  As long as your rule breaking doesn't cause your opponent to not be able to continue there's zero penalty 99% of the time. Phone Post

What kind of fucking logic is that....if only ten procent of financial malfeasence cases get convicted does that give you a legitimate reason to just rob everybody blind. Your kind of reasoning lead to the financial crises among other things.

Diaz cannot be spilling all this bullshit about being a martial artist and then forgetting about the moral code that comes with it. Apart from that he blatantly broke a rule that is not only moral but also on the books. He should have been punished for it during the fight and i personally think he deserves punishment (him and the few others that also do it....its fucking rare in MMA) after the fact. Dana needs to give him a big fucking fine because if they let this shit slide then they are really opening themselves up to credibility issues. They gave him enough allowances already with all the antics. This is something that really should not be able to stand.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.