UnderGround Forums

Revgear League BJJGround >> San Antonio Jiu Jitsu schools?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/18/13 10:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I realize that I can use Google but I was looking for some more personal feedback from the ATAMA forum on training options in the San Antonio area. I will be in the area from May to October and looking for a place to train.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Also, if the part of town helps I will be in the Ft Sam Houston vicinity.

Thanks in advance!
3/18/13 11:41 PM
jmoney81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From my extensive research, the best place in SA is SoulFighters in Huenber Oaks on the NW side of town.

3/18/13 11:44 PM
FaceToFace
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am not too familiar with all the schools in SA but RPBJJ (Rodrigo Pinheiro) and Soul Fighters Texas are two schools I see well represented on the local circuit.

3/19/13 7:23 AM
jakem
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/19/13 7:23 AM
http://www.graciesa.com/<br /><br />i attend this academy. been here almost three years. come by and check it out.

relson affilate
3/19/13 7:43 AM
Devil Dog

Last time I was in San Antonio I dropped in here: http://rodrigopinheirobjj.com/ outstanding! Check it out, Rodrigo is a great competitor and nice, humble person.
3/19/13 7:44 AM
The Paragon
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
3/19/13 4:57 PM
BillyShalimar
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RPBJJ for sure. Rodrigo is currently in CA for the Pans, but his brown belt and my former instructor, Tony Erard is there and is a very good instructor and competitor.
3/19/13 7:06 PM
jakem
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tony is an awesome guy for sure..he taught me a few things too..
3/19/13 10:55 PM
Squishyman12
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rodrigo Pinherio, Soulfighters, Champions Factory and Carlson Gracie Texas. I currently train with Andre Monterio at Carlson Gracie Texas. He is a new generation and BJJ revolution team blackbelt that knows everyone in the BJJ world so we always have world class blackbelts coming by the academy. Phone Post
3/19/13 11:25 PM
hubbarocks
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Devil Dog - Last time I was in San Antonio I dropped in here: http://rodrigopinheirobjj.com/ outstanding! Check it out, Rodrigo is a great competitor and nice, humble person.

This. RPBJJ is awesome! Can't say enough good things about Rodrigo. Very helpful, friendly atmosphere. Gi, no-gi and also Muay Thai from UFC vet Pete Spratt. Highly recommend.
3/20/13 1:48 AM
Angry Bird

Brazilian top team http://braziliantopteam.com/locations/usa/texas/btt-texas/
3/20/13 7:12 AM
PayItForward
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there is a pretty bad ass club that is run out of the basement of the Alamo. it's legit. the basement is partitioned into a bjj club run by several black belts and a bicycle storage unit.
3/20/13 9:57 AM
eviladam
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PayItForward - there is a pretty bad ass club that is run out of the basement of the Alamo. it's legit. the basement is partitioned into a bjj club run by several black belts and a bicycle storage unit.

when you get there, tell them "Large Marge sent me".
3/20/13 10:03 AM
hubbarocks
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eviladam - 
PayItForward - there is a pretty bad ass club that is run out of the basement of the Alamo. it's legit. the basement is partitioned into a bjj club run by several black belts and a bicycle storage unit.

when you get there, tell them "Large Marge sent me".

It will also help if you tell them that Amazing Larry is a close, personal friend of yours. Oh, and ask for Dottie.
3/20/13 5:18 PM
Squishyman12
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT is a great spot with great instructors and you also have Marra Senkis. BJJ in San Antonio has come along way if you want to know more you can email me at ceastridge@me.com Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.