UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> First of all Ben, Hendricks would break your face

3/19/13 12:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
522 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Hendricks made his way easily into Condits' 7 inch reach advantage, Hendricks is a true killer!

3/19/13 12:18 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont think he gets passed Maia if they fought Phone Post
3/19/13 12:19 AM
ChaosOverkill
522 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -  I dont think he gets passed Maia if they fought Phone Post

totally likely, even he strikes better than Askren if it were ever needed in that fight lol

3/19/13 12:21 AM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

I give Ben some shot at GSP because he has less miles on the tires and GSP isn't KO'in people. But Johnny Hendricks would absolutely desttroy him and very very fast.

So would Koscheck

So would Ellenberger

So would Condit

Amoussou was a good start, now you need to follow that up before you start talking like you're the big man in the division.

Curious why you think Hendricks can beat Condit but Condit would "absolutely destroy" Askren? Hendricks beat Condit with takedowns, and Askren is a FAR better wrestler than Hendricks.

3/19/13 12:26 AM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 03/19/13 12:37 AM
orcus - 
ChaosOverkill - 

I give Ben some shot at GSP because he has less miles on the tires and GSP isn't KO'in people. But Johnny Hendricks would absolutely desttroy him and very very fast.

So would Koscheck

So would Ellenberger

So would Condit

Amoussou was a good start, now you need to follow that up before you start talking like you're the big man in the division.

Curious why you think Hendricks can beat Condit but Condit would "absolutely destroy" Askren? Hendricks beat Condit with takedowns, and Askren is a FAR better wrestler than Hendricks.

I don't agree that he is a far better MMA wrestler than Hendricks, Askren has no striking.

I would admit amongst the NCAA caliber guys including GSP, Askren and GSP are better but not enough to lead to significant dominance over the next tier of Koscheck, Hendricks, they just have the advantage on paper and leading to maybe a couple more meaningless takedowns

I mean't more to say Condit would beat him not as bad as Hendricks would.

Condit and Hendricks had the same sig strike numbers for rounds one and two in their fight minus 1 strike in favour of Condit, so with the Take downs (Which some were slams) he wins two rounds. It was a close fitght but it also proves Condit can get up from a top level wrestler which Hendricks is, ASkren might be better but it is inflated by fighting the farm team.

Nobody would claim Jay Hieron is a top guy, and he proved Askren's wrestling is not challenge proof and if memory serves, he dropped Askren.

I see Rory and Condit as much better versions of Jay Hieron

3/19/13 12:31 AM
ChaosOverkill

Until Askren grows a reach advantage over the entire divison or can defensively use footwork and headmovement to withstand combos all three that the guys we're talking about can bring I think ASkren is toast.

But Orcus you're right Condit probably doesn't destroy ASkren but still ends up with a decisive win same with Rory.

3/19/13 12:33 AM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 03/19/13 12:37 AM

I would also argue that despite the strike numbers being slightly in favour of Condit for the first two rounds before Hendricks gassed a bit and messed his hand up, Hendricks hit him with far more power with each shot, the majority of them were from blitz combos against the fence that would drop an OX with maximum levareage and collision impact power so he wins the ring control and aggression too  along with overall damage

3/19/13 12:40 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To comment on the Ben/Hendricks subject

Hendricks has far better striking to back Condit up, which benefits his explosive takedowns. Ben wouldnt have that luxury. It would look like a less competitive Condit vs Kim Phone Post
3/19/13 12:41 AM
ChaosOverkill

And like I said above if GSP and ASkren are the standard for Wrestling and you see Koscheck and Hendricks as the Next tier, GSP had no takedowns success against Koscheck in the second fight, I think the gap is not that big and Johnny handling Koscheck and Koscheck denying GSP 2 years ago prior to knee problems gives enough evidence he could handle Askren at least most of the fight

3/19/13 12:44 AM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 03/19/13 12:45 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -  To comment on the Ben/Hendricks subject

Hendricks has far better striking to back Condit up, which benefits his explosive takedowns. Ben wouldnt have that luxury. It would look like a less competitive Condit vs Kim Phone Post

Very good point, I've only seen three fights where Condit backed up, GSP Diaz and Hendricks, the fighters are very afraid of his power and it will interesting to see how GSP acts because he hasn't backed up for anyone even Diaz, he mostly stood still and and retrated and reset when Nick tried to establish boxing range.

I do not expect GSP to be able to back Hendricks down and that could be the whole fight right there as GSP uses that momentum to land Takedowns on wrestlers, which also explains his lack of success against Koscheck who also he stood mostly still with and didn't back down even after breaking his Orbital. His takedowns against a Hendricks moving forward would have to be all power defensive takedowns unless his Jab is really good enough to back Johnny off

3/19/13 12:51 AM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 03/19/13 12:51 AM
Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - 
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -  To comment on the Ben/Hendricks subject

Askren's wrestling is on a different level than Kim, thanks for the laugh though.

This is true, however the point that having striking to back Condit up benefitting takedowns makes sense. GSP has his Jab and decent kicks at least Askren has not much.

3/19/13 1:02 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio

I believe he could take Condit down, I just dont think he would be able to handle him as easily as he does his other opponents. And he cannot hope to go for a takedown on Condit without setting him up with strikes first. 

3/19/13 1:04 AM
ChaosOverkill

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - 

I believe he could take Condit down, I just dont think he would be able to handle him as easily as he does his other opponents. And he cannot hope to go for a takedown on Condit without setting him up with strikes first. 

Bingo, see Jay Hieron vs Askren. I thought Askren would have wrestlefucked him all 5 rounds, If Jay can prevent it Condit can for damn sure

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.