UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WOW GSP vs Diaz

3/19/13 4:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
6ULDV8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you so much for putting on that fight.  

I'd wanted to see it forever and I guess quite a few others did too.

TTT

3/19/13 4:46 AM
Brabatross

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
kevsh - So Dana, is Nick actually going to retire or is he going to keep picking fights, losing, then bitching about how it was everyone's fault but his?

I'd imagine his retiring would help keep your blood pressure down as well.
Fuck up idiot. Phone Post
What an insightful response. Phone Post
3/19/13 4:49 AM
Moke
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/19/13 4:52 AM
Diaz is a unique and problematic guy who's a genuine unpredictable time-bomb...who also happens to be super talented, with insane work ethic and unparallelled fighting spirit.

Who the FUCK isn't going to tune in for that, EVERY damn time?

Whether he ever sorts out his demons, matures, and becomes a huge success, or he crashes and burns, all eyes are glued to whatever happens.
3/19/13 4:56 AM
CindyO

dfw jr -  The UFC 158 Weigh-In aired live at 4pm ET and was easily the highest rated and most watched Weigh-In of all-time, delivering a 0.47 HH rating, 215,000 total viewers and a 0.57 M18-49 rating. Friday’s Weigh-In beat the previous record holder (UFC on FOX 2 Weigh-In on 1/27/12) by 96% on HH’s, 67% on total viewers and 73% among M18-49. Phone Post

I bet David Swartz doesn't circulate these ratings:)

Cindy

3/19/13 5:10 AM
random_muppett
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First time I EVER made a point of catching prefight presser and weigh in. And it wasn't cause I though GSP might say something witty!

Diaz must be hell to deal with but dear lord he's good value for the fans. Phone Post
3/19/13 5:11 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus KO'd stayrad - 
UGCTT_Pervert - You know what would break that record? Silva vs. GSP. Just sayin' Phone Post
You know what would break silva's record ?

Jones, DC, Cain just sayin Phone Post

In a triangle match? Undoubtedly.
3/19/13 5:29 AM
UGCTT_Stu0411
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheOne - First event I ever listened to the press call. That's saying alot.
This. Phone Post
3/19/13 5:36 AM
UGCTT_Stu0411
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kingfanpaul -
lozer81 - 
Kingfanpaul - 

I was really hoping Nick had a little more, to challenge GSP, but I was left a little disappointed in his performance. I guess you could say that I was not impressed with his performance.

not impressed? first dude to actually make gsp get tired, stuffed gsp takedowns more than anyone,took way less ground and pound than anyone else underneath gsp. and had a moment in the third where it looked like he rocked gsp a little.

I get what you are saying, but it was a fairly one sided fight and I don't think you can deny that.  I like both GSP and Diaz, but Diaz had nothing for GSP.

Pretty much this Phone Post
3/19/13 6:16 AM
MMARAIDER

Thanks for the tickets and the meet and great Dana you're the man! Phone Post
3/19/13 6:49 AM
Kostakio
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana, when are you holding a UFC event in Greece? Phone Post
3/19/13 6:50 AM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's pretty awesome. Does this factor in streaming views too? I was down at SXSW during the weigh ins and was watching on my phone with 4 random guys behind me lol Phone Post
3/19/13 6:51 AM
melancoholic
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -  Dana,

It's awesome that you see the drawing power of Nick Diaz.

I understand you've got to do Hendricks-GSP next, but a Diaz-GSP rematch after that would be INSANE. Phone Post

OR

why not hendricks gsp with nick vs whoever as co main?
3/19/13 7:03 AM
semtex0809
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bucephalus - Say what you want about Diaz.. but the guy makes news when he WEIGHS IN... hell, he makes new when he doesn't even show up. It's like the guy can't not make news.
This Phone Post
3/19/13 7:36 AM
mmaattorney
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz condit please bald father Phone Post
3/19/13 7:38 AM
Blazing Knees

dfw jr -  The UFC 158 Weigh-In aired live at 4pm ET and was easily the highest rated and most watched Weigh-In of all-time, delivering a 0.47 HH rating, 215,000 total viewers and a 0.57 M18-49 rating. Friday’s Weigh-In beat the previous record holder (UFC on FOX 2 Weigh-In on 1/27/12) by 96% on HH’s, 67% on total viewers and 73% among M18-49. Phone Post

Well, I guess this is why you're the boss, you booked this fight in spite of the reasons of why you shouldn't have.

Feel free to gloat.

Gloat on, playa, gloat on.
3/19/13 7:40 AM
Blazing Knees

btw-now you can drop him-he's had his 15 mins. He's going to cost you at least that much in legal fees and controversy. I know I'd rather have my two sons emulate GSP than 209, that's for sho
3/19/13 7:42 AM
Blazing Knees

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 
crossfire - GSP proves once again to be the biggest draw in the sport ! Phone Post
Just imagine what the rematch would do... Phone Post

There is 0 reason for a rematch-0. Nick got handled and got oustruck, out wrassled, out matched in every catagory, not even close. It's Hendricks time -now that's going to be a fight!
3/19/13 7:59 AM
JkdSam

We don't need a GSP/Diaz rematch. It wasn't close.

3/19/13 8:10 AM
slamming

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -
Blazing Knees -
crossfire - GSP proves once again to be the biggest draw in the sport ! Phone Post

There is 0 reason for a rematch-0. Nick got handled and got oustruck, out wrassled, out matched in every catagory, not even close. It's Hendricks time -now that's going to be a fight!
Nick came out flat and lost to a point fighter who was clearly avoiding the action. In a rematch, he would come in better prepared and he would dominate GSP. Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
3/19/13 8:13 AM
Blazing Knees

Blazing Knees -

Nick came out flat and lost to a point fighter who was clearly avoiding the action. In a rematch, he would come in better prepared and he would dominate GSP. Phone Post

C'mon, really? He had MONTHS to prepare, train, watch tapes, work on his wrasslin, do PR to get into GSP's head, etc.

He shit the bed, badly.

He got outstruck, out wrassled, out hustled and GSP got into his head in the 2 and 3rd rounds, angered him to the point of being restrained by the ref-if he was so 'mad' why didn't he do something about it? Because he couldn't-don't give me that shit about 'laying on him' the fight was 12 mins on the feet, 13 mins on the ground, 1 ONE sub attempt ( he's a Gracie BB, right?) and he didn't do jack shit other than make more money for Blaf and co.

He had 25 mins to do something, not 15 and he blew it-NO rematch, it's Hendricks time and he has a legit shot at whacking GSP with his left hand from hell and getting the strap
3/19/13 8:25 AM
Entreri

crossfire -  GSP proves once again to be the biggest draw in the sport ! Phone Post

This.

GSP is still #1.
3/19/13 8:38 AM
trobinson21

Blazing Knees - btw-now you can drop him-he's had his 15 mins. He's going to cost you at least that much in legal fees and controversy. I know I'd rather have my two sons emulate GSP than 209, that's for sho
It's sad you have children and you are still naive enough to believe the image a guy with a team of public relations puts forth.

I'd venture to say you know absolutely nothing at all about either guy as a human being and if you depend on MMA fighters to be role models for your kids you may want to rethink everything. Phone Post
3/19/13 8:46 AM
sawdusk
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crossfire -  GSP proves once again to be the biggest draw in the sport ! Phone Post

I tuned into see dana do the ugandan stomp between the fighters...
3/19/13 9:05 AM
Blazing Knees

trobinson21 - 
Blazing Knees - btw-now you can drop him-he's had his 15 mins. He's going to cost you at least that much in legal fees and controversy. I know I'd rather have my two sons emulate GSP than 209, that's for sho
It's sad you have children and you are still naive enough to believe the image a guy with a team of public relations puts forth.

I'd venture to say you know absolutely nothing at all about either guy as a human being and if you depend on MMA fighters to be role models for your kids you may want to rethink everything. Phone Post

Let's review the facts about 'images" real or percieved..

GSP always wears suits to all pr events, clean shaven, well mannered, respectful.
Diaz wears hoodies,wears his pants down his ass like a wannabe, flips birds, disrespects his employer,is nasty to interviewrs, refuses to do pressers etc.

GSP bows when he enters the cage, never talks shit, never cusses, doesn't take illegal drugs or get suspended for anything.
Diaz smokes weed, talks shit using profanity during fights, gets in fights in the cage after the matches are over ( mayhem)and hangs out with a bunch of bums-two of who got arrested right after his fight, leaving him on the side of the road.
GSP trains with a clean org. and brings in talent to help him improve.No controversy whatsoever and everyone he's ever trained with or fought has good things to say about him.
Diaz trains at a shithole with a camp of disrespectful creeps and brags about being raised in the '209' (makes me lol)gets suspended for using illegal drugs.

I could go on, but why bother?I've been a full custody parent for 5 years and I raise my sons ( 14 & 10) by MYSELF, with no help from anyone. They've been to the dojo's and gyms with me and watched me trane-sit with me and watch the fights and while I don't have them 'emulate' mma fighters, I do tend to gravitate towards someone they can at least look up to and say " I'd like to be like HIM, because that's what boys do.
I certainly don't need any advice from any childless bastards on parenting skills or philosophies of raising boys into men, but if you get lucky enough one day to have sons, you will 'get it'-at this point, you're just a bystander on the subject.

As 'human beings' go- I will take GSP anyday over Diaz, it's a no-brainer
3/19/13 9:07 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Time to start pampering nick tf up. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.