UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WOW GSP vs Diaz

3/19/13 9:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cheesesteak
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz vs. GSP... 10 rounds please!!!!!
3/19/13 9:33 AM
Cyril Jeff
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

Nick. Diaz.

3/19/13 9:47 AM
Chupacabro
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blazing Knees -
trobinson21 - 
Blazing Knees - btw-now you can drop him-he's had his 15 mins. He's going to cost you at least that much in legal fees and controversy. I know I'd rather have my two sons emulate GSP than 209, that's for sho
It's sad you have children and you are still naive enough to believe the image a guy with a team of public relations puts forth.

I'd venture to say you know absolutely nothing at all about either guy as a human being and if you depend on MMA fighters to be role models for your kids you may want to rethink everything. Phone Post

Let's review the facts about 'images" real or percieved..

GSP always wears suits to all pr events, clean shaven, well mannered, respectful.
Diaz wears hoodies,wears his pants down his ass like a wannabe, flips birds, disrespects his employer,is nasty to interviewrs, refuses to do pressers etc.

GSP bows when he enters the cage, never talks shit, never cusses, doesn't take illegal drugs or get suspended for anything.
Diaz smokes weed, talks shit using profanity during fights, gets in fights in the cage after the matches are over ( mayhem)and hangs out with a bunch of bums-two of who got arrested right after his fight, leaving him on the side of the road.
GSP trains with a clean org. and brings in talent to help him improve.No controversy whatsoever and everyone he's ever trained with or fought has good things to say about him.
Diaz trains at a shithole with a camp of disrespectful creeps and brags about being raised in the '209' (makes me lol)gets suspended for using illegal drugs.

I could go on, but why bother?I've been a full custody parent for 5 years and I raise my sons ( 14 & 10) by MYSELF, with no help from anyone. They've been to the dojo's and gyms with me and watched me trane-sit with me and watch the fights and while I don't have them 'emulate' mma fighters, I do tend to gravitate towards someone they can at least look up to and say " I'd like to be like HIM, because that's what boys do.
I certainly don't need any advice from any childless bastards on parenting skills or philosophies of raising boys into men, but if you get lucky enough one day to have sons, you will 'get it'-at this point, you're just a bystander on the subject.

As 'human beings' go- I will take GSP anyday over Diaz, it's a no-brainer
Marijuana is not completely illegal. It's 2013. Hellooo....pick up a news paper. Phone Post
3/19/13 9:48 AM
Internettufguy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips -

I was eagerly anticipating that fight since the first one was supposed to go down.

Dana, what are your thoughts about Diaz vs A. Silva? I would absolutely love to see that fight. Stylistically it's more appealing and holy shit the build up might even surpass Diaz/GSP.

Not sure if serious?!? :{ Phone Post
3/19/13 9:58 AM
Standup29
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blazing Knees -
trobinson21 - 
Blazing Knees - btw-now you can drop him-he's had his 15 mins. He's going to cost you at least that much in legal fees and controversy. I know I'd rather have my two sons emulate GSP than 209, that's for sho
It's sad you have children and you are still naive enough to believe the image a guy with a team of public relations puts forth.

I'd venture to say you know absolutely nothing at all about either guy as a human being and if you depend on MMA fighters to be role models for your kids you may want to rethink everything. Phone Post

GSP always wears suits to all pr events, clean shaven, well mannered, respectful.
Diaz wears hoodies,wears his pants down his ass like a wannabe, flips birds, disrespects his employer,is nasty to interviewrs, refuses to do pressers etc.

GSP bows when he enters the cage, never talks shit, never cusses, doesn't take illegal drugs or get suspended for anything.
Diaz smokes weed, talks shit using profanity during fights, gets in fights in the cage after the matches are over ( mayhem)and hangs out with a bunch of bums-two of who got arrested right after his fight, leaving him on the side of the road.
GSP trains with a clean org. and brings in talent to help him improve.No controversy whatsoever and everyone he's ever trained with or fought has good things to say about him.
Diaz trains at a shithole with a camp of disrespectful creeps and brags about being raised in the '209' (makes me lol)gets suspended for using illegal drugs.

I could go on, but why bother?I've been a full custody parent for 5 years and I raise my sons ( 14 & 10) by MYSELF, with no help from anyone. They've been to the dojo's and gyms with me and watched me trane-sit with me and watch the fights and while I don't have them 'emulate' mma fighters, I do tend to gravitate towards someone they can at least look up to and say " I'd like to be like HIM, because that's what boys do.
I certainly don't need any advice from any childless bastards on parenting skills or philosophies of raising boys into men, but if you get lucky enough one day to have sons, you will 'get it'-at this point, you're just a bystander on the subject.

Exactly!

My son liked Diaz when he was really little, 2. Not that I let him hear him talk or if he understood some of his antics (flipping people off etc) it was strictly his view based on my excitement during his fights. I have zero problem with my son being a fan but I sure as hell wouldn't want my son to act like him.

And before anyone questions what kind of example I am letting my son watch or be a fan at that age, my son who is now 8 is not only taking advanced classes (his reading and math are 2 grades above) but he has never been in trouble at school but he prefers golf and baseball over wrestling and karate. Its not what you let your kids watch its how you explain what they are watching and what examples you provide. Phone Post
3/19/13 10:03 AM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wolf tickets man wolf tickets.

That was hardly the worst beating I've ever seen in the octagon. So frustrating to see gsp just ride position rather than attempt submissions. Especially when you consider his past performances in the up and coming days of his career. We all know he is capable of so much more if he would just go for it Phone Post
3/19/13 10:08 AM
rampageforpresident

seems like a good reason NOT to cut nick diaz.
3/19/13 10:16 AM
ShawnTheBadger
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Plenty of folks hate Nick Diaz.

Plenty of folks love Nick Diaz.

Everybody wants to watch Nick Diaz, win or lose.

3/19/13 10:17 AM
Wovito

DFW - Diaz might not be better than GSP, but he always comes to fight and always puts on a good performance. Please do not ever cut this guy.
3/19/13 10:19 AM
Stea1th

Pay Diaz more and he will fight.

The man should be one of the top earners Phone Post
3/19/13 11:15 AM
JunkieDog

GSPs_Man_Juice_On_My_Back -  Diaz vs. GSP in a Pride rematch... Phone Post

I thought you liked Diaz? Surprised one of his fans would want to see him get soccer kicked, stomped on and have his face caved in from knees on the ground.

But, whatever... 209 fans are a strange lot, for sure.
3/19/13 11:25 AM
MartinLav

They were on the biggest news station (LCN) in Quebec. They must have had good ratings there too, even my mom watched with my little bro lol.
3/19/13 11:27 AM
MartinLav

Chupacabro - 
Blazing Knees -
trobinson21 - 

Marijuana is not completely illegal. It's 2013. Hellooo....pick up a news paper. Phone Post

It is not approved by the commission. He's a professional athlete for christ sake.
3/19/13 11:29 AM
DaddyRich
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Dana would ever cut Diaz. I think he likes Diaz's style more than GSP's controlled wrestling, jab, jab style. The main thing that keeps Dana in love with GSP is his ability to draw an entire country to the UFC.
3/19/13 11:29 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Impressive fingers you've achieved their Dana.

Now if you could get the fighters to focus on delivering exciting fights we'd all be even happier. Phone Post
3/19/13 11:33 AM
subwrassler
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheRaider -  Nick is the best personality in sports. Phone Post

3/19/13 11:34 AM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will never miss anything involving Nick Diaz. Phone Post
3/19/13 11:36 AM
LayzieTheSavage
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Videographer
Awesome.

Never cut Nick Diaz... Phone Post
3/19/13 11:38 AM
cheesesteak
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana. I just want to say one thing. I have friends who are casuals that never order any of the PPV's and they all called me up pyched about the press conference and ordering this PPV....Nick did a terrific hype job!! Help this kid out Dana!
3/19/13 11:41 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DaddyRich - I don't think Dana would ever cut Diaz. I think he likes Diaz's style more than GSP's controlled wrestling, jab, jab style. The main thing that keeps Dana in love with GSP is his ability to draw an entire country to the UFC.
And the fact that he is am actual Champ. Dana knows that to be taken seriously as a sport it still has to be about winning fights at some level.

Nick Diaz doesnt win the big important fights against top opposition. Not at championship level at least. Come on who did he really fight to win that Strikeforce belt.

But wtf are people anxious about Dana cutting Diaz? He is a PVV machine ( unfortunately mostly for the wrong reasons). Dana is a businessman first and foremost. Its actually funny because Diaz had just as little chance of attaining a title as Fitch, who has a better record as well if you look at his opponents and he will still never get cut because of his army of dumbwitted fans ( sorry for all the intelligent Diaz fans but you guys are in some awful company).

I like Diaz as a fighter but as a person his is an annoyance at best and a terrible ambassador at worse. Mainly because other people are afraid to tell him the truth, really help him and hold him accountable for his actions.

Dana should have fined him for the late blows. He suspended Daley because of it for godsake. At least give a signal that it is not OK by making him feel the financial impact of his actions. Phone Post
3/19/13 12:00 PM
Yun
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judges suck! dana! do something!!!! nsac look hella corrupt. just about everything they do Phone Post
3/19/13 12:04 PM
Rtchamp15
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The build up to this fight was more exciting than the fight itself, I'm not saying it was a bad fight but the lack of a finish really disappointed me. I know Nicks not easy to put away though. Phone Post
3/19/13 12:09 PM
Jill Laz

vRuthless - Diaz vs. Kampmann would be awesome right now Phone Post
Why do you think he's bald..fell out lol Phone Post
3/19/13 12:11 PM
MMARAIDER

subwrassler -
TheRaider -  Nick is the best personality in sports. Phone Post

^ Phone Post
3/19/13 12:29 PM
gabemadrid
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm looking forward to the next Diaz fight a bit more than I'm looking forward to the next GSP fight. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.