UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz is retiring because...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/19/13 1:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brasco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he realizes he cant beat Ellenberger, Hendricks, Koscheck, or anyother wrestler...he really resents the wrestlers..Kinda like Rampage feels

agree??
3/19/13 1:56 AM
lozer81

Edited: 03/19/13 1:57 AM
disagree, he stuffed a few of gsps takedowns which is alot more than most people can do, he also managed to take almost no punishment either, i say diaz would do much better against kos, and all those other wrestlers are below kos and gsp imo.

nick beats all those guys

in fact, look what lawler did to kos, stuffed most of his takedowns and tko'd him, i'd say lawler beats all those guys too, then loses to diaz
3/19/13 1:59 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lozer81 - disagree, he stuffed a few of gsps takedowns which is alot more than most people can do, he also managed to take almost no punishment either, i say diaz would do much better against kos, and all those other wrestlers are below kos and gsp imo.

in fact, look what lawler did to kos, stuffed most of his takedowns and tko'd him, i'd say lawler beats all those guys too, then loses to diaz
/ Phone Post
3/19/13 2:05 AM
kevsh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/19/13 2:06 AM

No love for Diaz but I generally agree with lozer - The fight with GSP would likely have gone a lot different if GSP never got Nick down. Kos, specifically has explosive double-legs but doesn't have nearly the ground game control-wise as GSP.

I'd take Nick over Josh, Ellenberger, possibly Hendricks too - in Johny's case may have the overall strength to control Nick better, the question is does he have the TD efficiency?

3/19/13 2:09 AM
Brasco

Edited: 03/19/13 2:10 AM
there are alot of fights left for diaz..i just dont think he is that motivated and doesnt like sport
3/19/13 2:17 AM
TheMessiah

I think he likes the sport just doesn't like fighting wrestlers. Wants mainly stand up fighter like he was getting fed in Strikeforce Phone Post
3/19/13 2:23 AM
alkysmurf

I don't think nick minds wrestlers as much as he hates them point fighting, and not hurting him, or trying to finish. he's frustrated with the goal of other fighters being to win, when it should be to KO or submit their opponent.

That of course is my opinion of someone else's thoughts.... Phone Post
3/19/13 2:25 AM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lozer81 - disagree, he stuffed a few of gsps takedowns which is alot more than most people can do, he also managed to take almost no punishment either, i say diaz would do much better against kos, and all those other wrestlers are below kos and gsp imo.

Diaz decided to stuff takedowns and offered almost no offense on the feet and stopped moving forward because of it though. Phone Post
3/19/13 2:30 AM
Mihow
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alkysmurf - I don't think nick minds wrestlers as much as he hates them point fighting, and not hurting him, or trying to finish. he's frustrated with the goal of other fighters being to win, when it should be to KO or submit their opponent.

My thoughts exactly

So cubed Phone Post
3/19/13 3:12 AM
Lionpaws
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alkysmurf - I don't think nick minds wrestlers as much as he hates them point fighting, and not hurting him, or trying to finish. he's frustrated with the goal of other fighters being to win, when it should be to KO or submit their opponent.

Bingo! Phone Post
3/19/13 3:21 AM
edock02
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he is finished.

He said he does not want a part of the new up'n'comers, only a rematch with GSP, which is fkn ridiculous since he did not push the fight. Even standing up he was walking away and backwards at times..He got owned

Well I guess he finally got paid.....

I love Nick and all he stood for before this fight, but after this fight little part of me now thinks he's just trolling everyone, and am hearing the same ol'shit ova and ova
3/19/13 4:09 AM
Swayze Express

I still want to see him fight Kampmann, Rory, Condit 2
3/19/13 4:23 AM
Koga

Out classed in every aspect of the fight v GSP, including boxing. Great athlete, but apunk who is mentally unstable.

Most of us watch him to see him lose, now that that has happened v popular fighters he trash talked it is not so interesting. Let Rory or Lawler give him one last beating before cutting him.
3/19/13 4:46 AM
Sajite
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a blueprint for beating wrestlers Nick has to read and train. It's been writing by some Machida guy... Phone Post
3/19/13 4:58 AM
Moke
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He owes 12 years worth of back taxes...that is all the motivation needed to keep fighting.
3/19/13 5:01 AM
lordbreakdown
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly I think he lives a simple life and probably thinks he can live the rest of his life off that last paycheck and whatever other monies he earns away from fighting. He'd rather just do him, and smoke weed all day. Phone Post
3/19/13 5:44 AM
Moke
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I suspect his whole purse will go to back taxes, interest, and penalties. If he wants money to retire, he's going to have to do a bunch more fighting.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.