UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I dont think Diaz enjoys MMA at all...

3/19/13 2:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brasco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/19/13 2:15 AM

he hates the process, he hates interviews, He hates "jumpin around with those guys" in training, he looks disguisted all the time....he spoke about his time off and how he needed it....he also likes to WIN alot and when he doesnt, it isnt as fun anymore

I dont think any fighter hates mma moreso overall than Diaz
3/19/13 3:34 AM
RickStorm
1753 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Nick's a hard one to figure out, but yeah.. it sure seems that way

3/19/13 6:08 AM
IsmokeCrack

Diaz LOVES to fight, HATES MMA.

Nowadays, a lot of times, I feel about the same. Phone Post
3/19/13 6:14 AM
Mayhem_Monkey

Brasco - he hates the process, he hates interviews, He hates "jumpin around with those guys" in training, he looks disguisted all the time....he spoke about his time off and how he needed it....he also likes to WIN alot and when he doesnt, it isnt as fun anymore

How he needed it ?! The time off ?? Are u serious dude ..
Nick ain't took a break from the sport since day 1 , fighting 4-5 times a year,
Yeah he needed the break , physically not mentally . Phone Post
3/19/13 6:24 AM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He lives to fight as much as he loves to complain

/ thread Phone Post
3/19/13 7:09 AM
Culinary Union Delegate
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's said a bunch of times over the years that he doesn't like being a fighter, and if he got paid to do the things he loves (triathlons, some other shit), then he'd never bother with MMA. 

3/19/13 8:43 AM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick measures time off in terms of years. Fighting is the only job he's ever going to like.
3/19/13 10:09 AM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He likes triathalons and xterra
3/19/13 10:18 AM
KidPittsburgh
1149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My best assessment is that things have grown stale for Nick. There's a lack of stimulation that comes with something "fresh" or "new" that he hasn't been able to experience for awhile. Same training partners, same gym, same drive to the gym, same, same, same.

Then when you lose a fight, after alledgedly coming off a bad camp, get suspensed for a year, lose a fight after again coming off a bad camp, it's all just mounting until it boils over as frustration, ex. Nick rage retirement(s).

I agree that a lot of the aspects of MMA such as press-related things aren't his favorite things, but their irritation levels drastically increase when you're already frustrated and stale. Someone needs to help him get some fresh air.
3/19/13 10:22 AM
ajsr
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whenever he packs it in, I think Nick will be a phenomenal teacher.
3/19/13 11:01 AM
Lobo8

Brasco - he hates the process, he hates interviews, He hates "jumpin around with those guys" in training, he looks disguisted all the time....he spoke about his time off and how he needed it....he also likes to WIN alot and when he doesnt, it isnt as fun anymore

nah hes just a complainer and loves to bitch about everything. But he definitely loves to fight.
3/19/13 11:45 AM
FSMA

cheesesteak - He likes triathalons and xterra

This

I was thinking of doing the Donner Lake Triathlon, checked on youtube for a video and there's Nick and Nate, albeit a very short clip, laughing and having fun. That was pretty cool to see.
3/19/13 11:50 AM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oil fields, yes.
Office, yikes. Phone Post
3/19/13 11:54 AM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FSMA - 
cheesesteak - He likes triathalons and xterra

This

I was thinking of doing the Donner Lake Triathlon, checked on youtube for a video and there's Nick and Nate, albeit a very short clip, laughing and having fun. That was pretty cool to see.

Yup Nick has said many times he loves those sports and respects those athletes more than elite MMArtists. I believe he is a pro and is even has sponsors according to his website.
3/19/13 9:51 PM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about Nick as a coach on TUF? haha imagine that lunacy.

3/20/13 1:27 PM
Stache

Just bring back Karo and let them mean mug each other for two months. Would be hilarious.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.