UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jeff Monson: I want to get citizenship of Russia

3/19/13 3:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
touch
538 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After his Moscow seminar on March 17 Jeff gave a huge interview to Russian MMA portal valetudo.ru. As a part of it, he was asked:

- Is it a joke or true that you want to get a citizenship of Russia?

- No, it is not a joke. I'm working on it right now. I want to. Loooking for the possibility.                                                                                                                                                                                        You can read the full interview @ valetudo.ru (in Russian): 

http://valetudo.ru/mma/news/5199-jeff-monson-bolshoe-interview

3/19/13 5:09 AM
Truemanc3
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Lee Harvey Oswald of MMA.
3/19/13 5:11 AM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Truemanc3 - The Lee Harvey Oswald of MMA.

Or John Wilkes Booth. Sic Semper Tyrannis!

3/19/13 5:36 AM
touch
538 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

officedrone23 -  Don't understand. Russia is descending into fascism faster than the US. Why would he want to go there? Phone Post

To fight with it obiously lol

3/19/13 5:44 AM
JOB
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For all the problems the US has, it is infinitely a better country to live in than Russia. Russia is bordering on a totalitarian regime.
3/19/13 6:45 AM
john joe
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
tax purposes maybe
3/19/13 7:05 AM
fanat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is popular in Russia and he is a much bigger draw over there. So maybe it's not political at all. Phone Post
3/19/13 7:07 AM
Broder

Edited: 03/19/13 7:08 AM
If he is doing it as a slap in the face to America then he should go but he needs to renounce his US citizenship first so he can't run back as soon as he realizes he has made a mistake.
3/19/13 7:14 AM
touch

fanat -  He is popular in Russia and he is a much bigger draw over there. So maybe it's not political at all. Phone Post

This.

3/19/13 7:17 AM
Jasonbaldy
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broder is correct. Monson is an odd one.
3/19/13 9:01 AM
UGCTT_Blaat
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broder - If he is doing it as a slap in the face to America then he should go but he needs to renounce his US citizenship first so he can't run back as soon as he realizes he has made a mistake.
Couldn't agree more- I could provide a list to Jeff of people he can take with him! About 40 million lol Phone Post
3/19/13 9:05 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hot russian chicks i guess. Phone Post
3/19/13 9:21 AM
Meastt
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He still owes over 20k in restitution for his tagging incident. Phone Post
3/19/13 9:25 AM
None So Blind
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He might want to consider reading this book and see what happened to a bunch of folks who did it:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Forsaken-American-Tragedy-Stalins/dp/0143115421/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1363699433&sr=8-4&keywords=americans+in+russia

"In 1934, a photograph was taken of a baseball team. These two rows of young men look like any group of American ballplayers, except perhaps for the Russian lettering on their jerseys. The players have left their homeland and the Great Depression in search of a better life in Stalinist Russia, but instead they will meet tragic and, until now, forgotten fates. Within four years, most of them will be arrested alongside untold numbers of other Americans. Some will be executed. Others will be sent to "corrective labor" camps where they will be worked to death. This book is the story of lives-the forsaken who died and those who survived."
3/19/13 9:43 AM
RPBJJ
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shit nothing wrong with wanting to be a citizen of another country. it probably means he can come and go from there with no problem. He probably makes a ton of money in seminars and stuff over there. Making money is the AMERICAN way!
3/19/13 9:58 AM
BigEyedFish

well if there is something the russian govt is famous for putting up with and accepting, its anarchists. lol
3/19/13 10:02 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

never saw this coming...

3/19/13 10:07 AM
AK-BJJ

I'd figure he likes the direction America is going now...
3/19/13 10:09 AM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

officedrone23 - Don't understand. Russia is descending into fascism faster than the US. Why would he want to go there? Phone Post
I think you just answered your own question Phone Post
3/19/13 11:09 AM
knuckleballs

As a fellow anarcho-communist, i can't understand why anyone would want to go to neo-nazi central....

.... even if he is a draw there, loves drinking and drugs and hot russian chix... well, i guess it's not a bad idea, now that i think about it.
3/19/13 11:19 AM
SD CARTEL
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AK-BJJ - I'd figure he likes the direction America is going now...

This
3/19/13 12:36 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff -

never saw this coming...

He is an anarchist. He is suppose to hate Putin and his Siloviki more the anyone on this planet.

Well i guess he would be in good company considering to move of the big nose and the grand dame.

Just a though, maybe the flat 13 percentage rate has something to do with it.

More money for russian girls lol Phone Post
3/19/13 12:39 PM
MTH
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fanat - He is popular in Russia and he is a much bigger draw over there. So maybe it's not political at all. Phone Post
^Yep.

The irony seems lost on him though. He hates capitalism because it allows economic inequality . . . so he wants to go to Russia where he can make more money. Phone Post
3/19/13 12:41 PM
warfrog

Don't let the door hit you in the ass. Phone Post
3/19/13 1:36 PM
Daredevil73
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

warfrog -  Don't let the door hit you in the ass. Phone Post

Careful now, don't want to get banned for badmouthing Monson.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.