UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hatebreed

3/20/13 4:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RabbiVJ
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just got done listening to Divinity of Purpose...great cd!

3/20/13 4:54 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm confused why this happened. I can understand the logo, don't agree, but could maybe understand. Not being able to walk out to their music though, that I don't get. I was under the impression that fighters could walk out to whatever they wanted to as long as it was edited. Arlovski came out to Hatebreed for years. Dana just told them to direct message him on Twitter on like Sunday. Phone Post
3/20/13 6:32 AM
Ryan Black
561 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ender852 - I am sure it is because google says they have a song called "Kill the niggers". I have heard reports from the band that this is not true and some jerk mislabeled a track on purpose, but it is seriously ALL over the internet.
I remember seeing this on Napster & Kazaa back when I was 14, and calling bullshit on it then. I can't believe that shit is still circulating.
Hatebreed are good peoples... they opened a show I went to around that age also. It's funny... I can't remember who I paid to see that night- but I do remember leaving the venue saying "Hatebreed stole the show." My friend was really into the main act & that style of music at the time and I was just tagging along because tickets weren't expensive and I didn't hate the band that was headlining, so I figured, "Meh... why not? I don't *particularily* DIS-like (band that was headlining)..." Then Hatebreed opens for them and fuckin' brought the house down. I had an awesome time watching them perform live.

Much respect and love for Hatebreed.

A staple of my highschool years- and the soundtrack to many a backyard wrestling music video edited by me. I'll never forget them. Besides the expected "Not my type of music," (which is normal- they are an acquired taste) I've never heard a negative word said about them.

If you like heavy music- or are like me and have an eclectic taste, and you train... listen to the song 'Perseverance' by Hatebreed. That's some shit that will motivate you to work harder right there.

This is an awesome story and it doesn't surprise me to hear they went above & beyond to do the right thing.

What sucks is this bullshit about the fake song title... what the fuck... what can we do about this? They are way too good to have their rep permanently tarnished by some nonsense like that. I can't believe that- over ten years later- this bullshit is still making it's rounds on the internet. Would love to know if there is anything the UG can do to combat this. They took care of our fellow UG'er, I know I'm not the only one who hopes there's something we can do to take care of them, too. Perhaps a Twitter campaign? Phone Post
3/20/13 6:36 AM
FullyLoadedFists
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What The Fuck Zuffa? Phone Post
3/20/13 6:50 AM
steveAKAslick
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GrotesK - These guys have had their songs played before.. Pretty sure Arlovski came out to a Hatebreed song during his UFC days..

Cant back this band live enough, if you're into heavy music go check these guys out. You wont have to pay ridiculous prices to see them also.
That's Icepick, but Jamey is in the band it's kind of a side project I guess. Onward To Victory is the song that Arlovski comes out to by Icepick... Phone Post
3/20/13 9:03 AM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  I'm confused why this happened. I can understand the logo, don't agree, but could maybe understand. Not being able to walk out to their music though, that I don't get. I was under the impression that fighters could walk out to whatever they wanted to as long as it was edited. Arlovski came out to Hatebreed for years. Dana just told them to direct message him on Twitter on like Sunday. Phone Post

No its been well documented that fighters rarely get the songs that they want for their walk-out

3/20/13 9:50 AM
nyhcloyalty
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KidPittsburgh -
CroboCop - 
KidPittsburgh - I like Hatebreed, but I don't like people who like Hatebreed.

voted up for this comment

new hatebreed sucks but it doesnt suprise me that jamey would live up to his end of the bargin. i always have heard hes a solid business man

Thanks. That first Hatebreed CD in like... 95/96? I was in Jr. High at the time and that was a life-changer. Then it got too 'bro'
Under the Knife is still in my playlist. Great EP. Haven't listened to anything after Perseverance. Phone Post
3/20/13 10:18 AM
thesonsofmontana
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jamey is a stand up guy and has supported MMA for a long time. His clothing company sponsored Andre Arlofski back in the day. Also, I saw Jamey and Dana twittering on Sunday, maybe they straightened out any issues and we will see and hear Hatebreed in the UFC. Phone Post
3/20/13 10:34 AM
UGCTT_zackthewop
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NomadWoodsman - Satisfaction is the death of desire!!! Phone Post
One of the best albums of 90s!! Phone Post
3/20/13 10:42 AM
NorthernIrishZombie
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw Hatebreed for the first time here in Belfast in 2002. They played to about 13 people and Jamey Jasta had a bad cold, yet they still hit the stage and kicked ass with a full set.

3/20/13 10:50 AM
Nitecrawler
2070 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Does anyone know why it was denied?

Song content?

Logo?

Name of band?
3/20/13 11:09 AM
MasterofMartialArts
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KidPittsburgh -
CroboCop - 

new hatebreed sucks but it doesnt suprise me that jamey would live up to his end of the bargin. i always have heard hes a solid business man

Thanks. That first Hatebreed CD in like... 95/96? I was in Jr. High at the time and that was a life-changer. Then it got too 'bro'
Disagree with these comments, my favorite album is Satisfaction is the Death of Desire, but by no means does new Hatebreed suck. If anything i would say they are one of a handful of artists that have stayed consistent, and I enjoy their new material. To each their own Phone Post
3/20/13 12:56 PM
palmmute
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe the UFC is full of "Empty Promises" dun d dun tsh Phone Post
3/20/13 1:56 PM
MasterofMartialArts
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CroboCop -
MasterofMartialArts - 
KidPittsburgh -
CroboCop - 

Disagree with these comments, my favorite album is Satisfaction is the Death of Desire, but by no means does new Hatebreed suck. If anything i would say they are one of a handful of artists that have stayed consistent, and I enjoy their new material. To each their own Phone Post

to each his own but i can't listen to anything after satisfaction... "over produced" is the phrase that comes to mind.

but this thread isn't about hatebreeds music, its about their character.
True, and their character has been proven righteous. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.