UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 17, episode 9 discussion & results

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
3/19/13 1:32 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

TEAM SONNEN'S Kevin Casey (5-2) VS. TEAM JONES' ROBERT "BUBBA" MCDANIEL (20-6)

Round 1 - Referee Steve Mazzagatti calls the fight. They move quickly into a clinch, and Kevin pulls guard. Bubba pushes him up to the cage and looks to find room to posture and punch. Kevin tries to grab the neck, but Bubba pulls it free and climbs to his feet. Kevin stays tight and moves into a clinch again, scoring with an outside trip. Bubba does a good job underneath of scrambling and staying out of submission attempts, but Kevin is controlling on top and transitioning well from dominant position to dominant position. Chael reminds Kevin to get strikes in, as well, to score more with the judges. Kevin backs away briefly, but Bubba doesn't scramble up. He finally does crawl up with a little more than 90 seconds left in the round. Bubba circles off the cage, but Kevin has underhooks and immediately reverses. Kevin scores another takedown to close the round and finishes in top position for a clear 10-9 win.

Round 2 - Bubba tries to let his hands go to open the second, but Kevin is quickly back inside on him and into the clinch. Bubba's coaches yell for him to push away and strike, but he continues to work in the clinch, first pummeling the body and then looking for a takedown. Kevin grabs the neck and tries for a guillotine, but Bubba pulls it free and takes top position. Kevin scrambles to full guard, but Bubba is scoring points with short punches and elbows from the top. Kevin appears stuck on the bottom, as he isn't making much of an effort to scramble up. Bubba grinds away from the top. He's not landing knockout blows, but he is scoring frequently to the head and body. It's a clear Bubba round, and when the bell sounds, Kevin is very slow to rise. A third round is on tap, but Kevin looks like he might very well have broken.

Round 3 - As it turns out, there will be no third round. Kevin refuses to answer the bell.

Robert "Bubba" McDaniel def. Kevin Casey via TKO (retirement) - Round 2, 5:00

read entire article...

3/19/13 1:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
epwar
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Given how little they show of the actual fight (one tiny clip, whereas most previews show 4-5 clips), I suspect Bubba gets choked out quickly.  (The shot of them on the stools could be from their previous fights and a diversion technique.)

3/19/13 1:58 PM
CoachJamieHuey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its not an episode youll want to miss i can safely say that.

3/19/13 2:01 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
858 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CoachJamieHuey - 

Glad to have you here. Will you be posting here during the live airing?

3/19/13 2:08 PM
A.W.Ashford
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FINALLY! Phone Post
3/19/13 2:11 PM
CoachJamieHuey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
CoachJamieHuey - 

thanks its good to be on the underground but no.  im in the gym training during the east coast feed,  after the west coast feed i do a

post Tuesday after TUF podcast - Word on the Street

(shameless plug time) we cover great stuff on the podcast, youtube Word on the street podcast this will be our

9th show, we had tommy toe hold on last week, and i dropped a bomb on jon jones check that out

3/19/13 2:13 PM
IHangFromBJsBallSack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CoachJamieHuey -

Coo, def won't :) Phone Post
3/19/13 2:20 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
858 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CoachJamieHuey - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
CoachJamieHuey - 

thanks its good to be on the underground but no.  im in the gym training during the east coast feed,  after the west coast feed i do a

post Tuesday after TUF podcast - Word on the Street

(shameless plug time) we cover great stuff on the podcast, youtube Word on the street podcast this will be our

9th show, we had tommy toe hold on last week, and i dropped a bomb on jon jones check that out

I definitely did check that out when RickStorm posted it the other day. That was some low level stuff from Jones but I guess I shouldn't be surprised coming from him heh.

3/19/13 2:38 PM
TEX4N
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bubba kos king.. imo Phone Post
3/19/13 3:03 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CoachJamieHuey - 

I wasn't going to miss it, but now I am extra excited about it.

3/19/13 3:41 PM
kyle223
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/19/13 3:44 PM
Wasn't there a picture circulating earlier of Casey in the back of an ambulance?
3/19/13 4:05 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait!!
3/19/13 5:20 PM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/19/13 5:20 PM
Yeah casey is gonna lose imo. Never been impressed with him. Also for those of us who exist solely on the internet and don't have TV is there a place to watch this? ive got hulu but i dont think the episodes stream live.
3/19/13 7:19 PM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want Bubba to lose, but we all saw Kevin in the amberlamps Phone Post
3/19/13 7:34 PM
A.W.Ashford
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Kevin gets slammed in his head and not ktfo? Phone Post
3/19/13 7:35 PM
A.W.Ashford

A.W.Ashford - Maybe Kevin gets slammed in his head and not ktfo? Phone Post
On* Phone Post
3/19/13 8:10 PM
anti_hate101
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well bubba called him out, see what he can do...
3/19/13 8:29 PM
face to foot technique
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I hope it doesn't happen I see bubba taking this fight Phone Post
3/19/13 8:42 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

face to foot technique - As much as I hope it doesn't happen I see bubba taking this fight Phone Post
This Phone Post
3/19/13 8:42 PM
The Chits
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really hope Casey delivers tonight and gets the win.
3/19/13 8:48 PM
Lahzerous
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tshV-ZyEJpw

3/19/13 8:59 PM
mmavixen

Lahzerous - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tshV-ZyEJpw

LMCAO

I love that movie.  VTFU Laz

3/19/13 9:03 PM
Brabatross
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/19/13 9:03 PM
I'm guessing KO from the hype.. I hope that doesn't mean Bubba wins.
3/19/13 9:04 PM
mmavixen

Brabatross - I'm guessing KO from the hype.. I hope that doesn't mean Bubba wins.

I know.

3/19/13 9:05 PM
Lahzerous
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay I can't lie Jones made me laugh pretty hard there.

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.