UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> DC vs Marvel round robin

3/19/13 2:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
phydeau
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marvel vs DC round robin tournament. Everyone fights everyone once, "Hero" with the most wins takes it.

For Marvel we have:

Wolverine
Deadpool

For DC we have:

Deathstroke
Wonder Woman

Here are the brackets:

Wolverine vs Deadpool

Wolverine vs Deathstroke

Wolverine vs Wonder Woman

Deadpool vs Deathstroke

Deadpool vs Wonder Woman

Deathstroke vs Wonder Woman

Who takes it? Does anyone go 3 for 3?
3/19/13 2:18 PM
Daredevil73
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neither Deadpool nor Wolverine could do much to Diana IMO
3/19/13 2:31 PM
Stickgrappler
1601 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah in theory and on paper WW should win - she's practically a female Superman. Wolverine and Deadpool have the healing factor going for them. What will DP's guns or blades due to WW's bullets and bracelets?

Question in my mind then becomes does Deathstroke have a chance against WW?
3/19/13 2:32 PM
Daredevil73
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler - yeah in theory and on paper WW should win - she's practically a female Superman. Wolverine and Deadpool have the healing factor going for them. What will DP's guns or blades due to WW's bullets and bracelets?

Question in my mind then becomes does Deathstroke have a chance against WW?

I doubt he has much of one.

I think Deathstroke could beat Deadpool by not being a rip off.

Deathstroke vs. Wolverine would be an interesting fight. Particularly if Slade had the Batman prep time.
3/19/13 2:37 PM
BigWilliam
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WW wins all of hers. Deathstroke can win short term but Wolvie and Deadpool just keep coming back. So what constitutes a 'win.' Wolverine should carve Deadpool up, but again Deadpool would just keep coming back for more.
3/19/13 3:57 PM
matt murdock
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wolverine vs Deadpool---Deadpool

Wolverine vs Deathstroke---Deathstroke

Wolverine vs Wonder Woman---Wonder Woman

Deadpool vs Deathstroke---Deathstroke

Deadpool vs Wonder Woman---WonderWoman

Deathstroke vs Wonder Woman---Wonder Woman
3/19/13 4:21 PM
Zenoplata
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wolverine wins this whole thing easily.

His claws would cut through Wonder woman and kill her.

3/19/13 4:31 PM
paw
1435 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/19/13 4:35 PM
phydeau - Marvel vs DC round robin tournament. Everyone fights everyone once, "Hero" with the most wins takes it.

For Marvel we have:

Wolverine
Deadpool

For DC we have:

Deathstroke
Wonder Woman

Good grief.  One of those characters is not like the others....WW not only beats everyone without any trouble, but she would still easily win if she fought all three at once.

Deadpool and Wolverine are pretty evenly matched.  Wolverine is probably more vicious, but Deadpool has a stronger healing factor and more extensive combat load.

Not sure where Deathstroke is these days, power wise.  Back in the day he had a mild, but extremely potent, healing factor.  Deadpool and Wolverine probably have more combat experience and generally fight much tougher opponents.

I guess it could go either way for any of those three: Deadpool, Wolverine, Deathstroke, but there's no question WW is waaaaaaay above their weight class.

3/19/13 4:52 PM
fryabusa
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Deathstroke beats WW and here's why.  He's a smarter, more ruthless Batman and he has prior knowledge of Wonder Woman.  That's why he beats her.  He should also be able to take out Deadpool.  Wolverine would be a toss up for me.

3/19/13 5:26 PM
Zenoplata
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder Woman loses every single fight after getting tied up. Come on people, don't you know her weakness?

3/19/13 6:35 PM
Leigh
839 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder Woman should either get lost or get her power set sorted. Why does she need bracelets when she can fight Superman in space and during re-entry at 4 times the speed of light?

To answer the question, Paw is correct. Phone Post
3/19/13 10:11 PM
Calebcb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder Woman goes undefeated. The matches between the rest depend on scenario and loadout.
3/20/13 3:57 AM
MarkRobinson
1291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fryabusa -

I think Deathstroke beats WW and here's why.  He's a smarter, more ruthless Batman and he has prior knowledge of Wonder Woman.  That's why he beats her.  He should also be able to take out Deadpool.  Wolverine would be a toss up for me.

This is absurd, fry.

She can take an infinite mass punch and move a near light speed.

wonder woman wins all her matches. Wolverine gets the second most wins. Phone Post
3/20/13 8:09 AM
paw
1435 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fryabusa - 

This is absurd, fry.

WW = Superman without the weakness to kryponite, plus a willingness to kill.

3/20/13 9:11 AM
Daredevil73

paw - 
phydeau - Marvel vs DC round robin tournament. Everyone fights everyone once, "Hero" with the most wins takes it.

For Marvel we have:

Wolverine
Deadpool

For DC we have:

Deathstroke
Wonder Woman

Good grief.  One of those characters is not like the others....WW not only beats everyone without any trouble, but she would still easily win if she fought all three at once.

Deadpool and Wolverine are pretty evenly matched.  Wolverine is probably more vicious, but Deadpool has a stronger healing factor and more extensive combat load.

Not sure where Deathstroke is these days, power wise.  Back in the day he had a mild, but extremely potent, healing factor.  Deadpool and Wolverine probably have more combat experience and generally fight much tougher opponents.

I guess it could go either way for any of those three: Deadpool, Wolverine, Deathstroke, but there's no question WW is waaaaaaay above their weight class.

Deadpool and Wolverine have more combat experience and fight tougher opponents? Tell me you're kidding.

Deathstroke was a combat veteran many times over before even getting his abilities.

As for tougher opponents, I refer you to "Identity Crisis."
3/20/13 11:13 AM
paw

Daredevil73 - 
paw - 

For Marvel we have:

Wolverine
Deadpool

For DC we have:

Deathstroke
Wonder Woman

Deadpool and Wolverine have more combat experience and fight tougher opponents? Tell me you're kidding.

Deathstroke was a combat veteran many times over before even getting his abilities.

As for tougher opponents, I refer you to "Identity Crisis."

Both Deadpool and Wolverine were combat veterans like Deathstroke.  Wolverine has been alive for over a century, so I think it's clear he's been in considerably more conflicts than Deathstroke.  Also consider the lifestyle.  Both Deadpool and Wolverine are extremely active, undertaking missions on a regular basis (insert joke about how many comic books each character is in).  In contrast, DS only takes jobs when he's in the mood, even pre-new 52.  If I'm not mistaken, this was shown in Identity Crisis.  So no, I'm not kidding about Wolverine and Deadpool having more experience because both seem to be far more active than DS has been.

As for tougher opponents, I'm not kidding there either, but I'm talking generally.  On average, Wolverine and Deadpool have larger rogue's galleries than DS and I would assert their rogue's galleries are more formidable on average than DS (honestly, I can't think of who would be in DS's rogue's gallery...aside from the Teen Titans, and that would be pre-new 52).  Now, I don't know if DS has a rogue's gallery worth mentioning.

As for absolutes, I know there have been stories where Wolverine has faced Galactus which would trump anyone DS has faced.  Off the top of my head, I know Deadpool has faced Doom and it wouldn't surprise me if Deadpool has faced even more powerful opponents than that.

3/20/13 11:56 AM
BigWilliam
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When did Wolverine face Galactus?
3/20/13 12:12 PM
Stickgrappler
1601 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - When did Wolverine face Galactus?

whoa!

http://www.comicvine.com/wolverine/29-1440/wolverine-vs-galactus/92-406677/

V2 #138 -- dayum -- gotta find this and read lol

3/20/13 12:15 PM
paw

BigWilliam - When did Wolverine face Galactus?

Oh man....now I have to relive that all over again.  I actually have the issue and it's rubbish....it was some conflict between The Collector and Galactus that Wolverine happened to get involved in.

I vaguely recall Wolverine taking a couple swings at Galactus (which Galactus completely ignores).

But the point was, Wolverine has stepped up and fought against grossly powerful opponents.

3/20/13 12:18 PM
Stickgrappler

nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah

beat ya paw

LOL at me
3/20/13 12:26 PM
paw

Stickgrappler - nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah

beat ya paw

LOL at me

Well......ok.....but, but, but......I OWN the issue!

*realizes that's not a good thing and suicide's self*

;)

3/20/13 12:35 PM
Stickgrappler

lol
3/20/13 2:39 PM
RedFox3
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can someone tell me who the ripoff is? Deadpool or Deathstroke? Phone Post
3/20/13 2:43 PM
Stickgrappler

DS came out in 1980's from George Perez and Marv Wolfman

DP first appearance was New Mutants #98 IIRC circa 1990 or '91
3/20/13 2:53 PM
BigWilliam

Please tell me Wolverine did not somehow WIN?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.