UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Leg Lasso Question (Bottom)

3/19/13 9:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Gimp
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I've been having some decent success playing around with the leg lasso, the basic sweep, armdrag, and replacing the closed guard from there. It's pretty awesome!

I'm running into a bit of a snag when my opponent sprawls his hips down and goes for a tight pass, though. I have been able to prevent the pass mostly, and sometimes recover closed guard (yay!), but I'm wondering if there are more offensive options from the leg lasso position against someone passing low like this.

Thanks!
3/19/13 10:18 PM
nogidavid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pull his tricep towards you to flare his elbow and kick your leg through to omoplata

3/19/13 10:30 PM
eric-burdo
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/19/13 10:31 PM
Nogidavid nailed it. Omoplata!
3/19/13 11:05 PM
The Gimp
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OK thanks guys! I will try it!
3/19/13 11:22 PM
mrgoodarmbar
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Consider that your left leg is the lasso

Also... with dbl sleeve grips you can
-bring your lasso foot (let's say left) across to the other bicep to flare out that elbow
-put the other foot (right) on the inside crook of that elbow (his left)

.... now there are several options....

-if he's really low you can bring your left foot back to his right hip and triangle him as you let go of the other sleeve grip (your right hand). Since your right foot is on his left bicep you can drive his arm and twist his shoulders a bit to really set it up.

-instead of triangle, you can do it as an arm drag

-if he postures up, you can keep both sleeve grips and with a big pendulum motion of your left leg (that was on his left bicep) unwind it it and spider sweep him over your left shoulder

-if he stays low you can bring your left foot off his left bicep and hook it behind his head for a belly down arm bar.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.