UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP is the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

3/20/13 1:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor, Anderson, GSP, Jones.

/thread Phone Post
3/20/13 1:12 AM
vRuthless
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im a Chael fan but Silva pulled off a sick submission after being beaten for 4 rounds against a juiced Chael. Silva goes in there and makes it look easy against everyone, he shamed Chael in their second bout. Silva is the best MMA fighter currently. Phone Post
3/20/13 1:16 AM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo -
Condit's Face Broke My Hand -
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo - 
ChaosOverkill -
ChaosOverkill -

I'm a GSP fan, and no it's still Silva in my eyes

Silva is lucky Chael didn't take his belt in the first fight. That hasn't happened to GSP. Phone Post

Serra did take Gsp's belt though

Serra caught GSP. It happens in MMA. Silva was molested. Phone Post

You don't place any value on finding a way to win against adversity? Showing heart and toughness? Jordan didn't win every game by 15

I do. I truly do, and Silva is great. One of the greatest of all time, certainly. But GSP is dominant in every aspect of MMA, where Silva is not. Phone Post
I can respect that. I disagree though. GSP is more well rounded, but I still think Anderson makes up for it with his intangibles and striking ability Phone Post
3/20/13 1:26 AM
da Vinci 81
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -
ChaosOverkill -

Silva is lucky Chael didn't take his belt in the first fight. That hasn't happened to GSP. Phone Post

You don't place any value on finding a way to win against adversity? Showing heart and toughness? Jordan didn't win every game by 15

Value? Sure, it shows heart and determination. Those are intangibles.

But as far as the tangibles go it shows your skills are lacking in a certain area, which is not conducive to being the greatest fighter in the sport. Phone Post
3/20/13 1:27 AM
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -
ChaosOverkill -

I do. I truly do, and Silva is great. One of the greatest of all time, certainly. But GSP is dominant in every aspect of MMA, where Silva is not. Phone Post
I can respect that. I disagree though. GSP is more well rounded, but I still think Anderson makes up for it with his intangibles and striking ability Phone Post
Ok, so are we looking at an impasse here? Are GSP and Silva arguably tied? Phone Post
3/20/13 1:32 AM
FadeToBlack

Anderson Silva, and I like turtles.
3/20/13 1:33 AM
ThePeoplesYhundi
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -
ChaosOverkill -

How can he be consider a dominant striker when he hasn't TKO/KO'd an opponent since 2008?(Not including the bj penn towel throw)

Couldn't finish Dan Hardy in 5 rounds but Carlos Condit did it in one. Phone Post
3/20/13 1:36 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

This man has been dominated before, and recently. GSP has only ever been caught. Phone Post
Are you a fan of avoiding damage and winning rounds, or taking risks and finishing people in spectacular fashion?

GSP is the greatest athelete the sport has ever seen. He is not the greatest fighter. Phone Post
3/20/13 1:36 AM
KempoKata

ChaosOverkill -
ChaosOverkill -

Ok, so are we looking at an impasse here? Are GSP and Silva arguably tied? Phone Post

No. Not even close in my opinion. The only thing that matters in this sport is winning. With that said, the next level is finishes in wins. Period.

On a side note Anderson Silva fucking clowns his opponents and still finishes em'
3/20/13 1:53 AM
Mexican Janitor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Georges St Pierre...he's the reason why I joined an MMA gym since 2006. He def. fought more quality opponents then the Spider...but Anderson is just...something else. Would have a hard time ranking GSP over Silva. Phone Post
3/20/13 2:01 AM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are we talking best or greatest? If we're talking greatest I don't think there is an argument. Nobody comes close to being able to pull off what Silva does or win as as spectacularly. He regularly puts people away under two rounds. You know how many other UFC champs outside of hw have done that any time recently? Only Barao (once against Pickett) and Aldo (once against Mendes). It is EXTREMELY difficult to finish guys at this level in the first 10 minutes and Anderson does it spectacularly on a regular basis. Then we get into his mental and physical toughness, and his will to win. It's off the charts. That's what makes him the greatest.

If we're talking best, I will concede GSP is more well rounded. He has fewer holes that can be exploited. He doesn't lose rounds. But I think what I described in the first paragraph puts Silva ahead.

I think Silva is mma's Michael Jordan. He isn't the most talented or most well rounded, but he does some things so well and has so many intangibles it doesn't matter. He's still ahead of everyone else ever.

Sorry that was so long. I'm waiting on my laundry so I can go to bed and had nothing better to do. I really don't mind if someone thinks GSP or Jones or Fedor or whoever are greater than Silva. Just giving my opinion. Phone Post
3/20/13 2:45 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's Face Broke My Hand - Are we talking best or greatest? If we're talking greatest I don't think there is an argument. Nobody comes close to being able to pull off what Silva does or win as as spectacularly. He regularly puts people away under two rounds. You know how many other UFC champs outside of hw have done that any time recently? Only Barao (once against Pickett) and Aldo (once against Mendes). It is EXTREMELY difficult to finish guys at this level in the first 10 minutes and Anderson does it spectacularly on a regular basis. Then we get into his mental and physical toughness, and his will to win. It's off the charts. That's what makes him the greatest.

If we're talking best, I will concede GSP is more well rounded. He has fewer holes that can be exploited. He doesn't lose rounds. But I think what I described in the first paragraph puts Silva ahead.

I think Silva is mma's Michael Jordan. He isn't the most talented or most well rounded, but he does some things so well and has so many intangibles it doesn't matter. He's still ahead of everyone else ever.

Sorry that was so long. I'm waiting on my laundry so I can go to bed and had nothing better to do. I really don't mind if someone thinks GSP or Jones or Fedor or whoever are greater than Silva. Just giving my opinion. Phone Post
Good stuff Phone Post
3/20/13 4:22 AM
UGCTT_nightkap
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think once Silva rapes badass wrestling Weidman, people may get the fact that Silva does have good tdd, he isn't weak on the ground, and he's the muthfukin GOAT bitches! lol Phone Post
3/20/13 4:23 AM
UGCTT_nightkap
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva can finish guys on the ground....GSP cant finish a damn sack lunch... Phone Post
3/20/13 4:44 AM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This. Phone Post
3/20/13 5:31 AM
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo

ThePeoplesYhundi -
ChaosOverkill -
ChaosOverkill -

How can he be consider a dominant striker when he hasn't TKO/KO'd an opponent since 2008?(Not including the bj penn towel throw)

Couldn't finish Dan Hardy in 5 rounds but Carlos Condit did it in one. Phone Post
I never said he was a dominant striker. He's a dominant Mixed Martial Artist. He's the most well rounded fighter of all time. More so than Anderson, more so than Fedor, more so than Jones. Phone Post
3/20/13 5:54 AM
ThePeoplesYhundi
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

??You said "GSP is dominant in every aspect of MMA"...striking is an aspect of MMA. Phone Post
3/20/13 6:30 AM
aatard
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On paper, there is definitely a strong argument to be made for GSP and I do believe that he's the most well rounded fighter. With that being said, having been able to witness Anderson Silvia's career concurrently with GSP's, there is no doubt in my mind that Anderson is the greatest ever. Phone Post
3/20/13 7:18 AM
Wicked smahtMF

stop it
3/20/13 2:49 PM
KempoKata

ThePeoplesYhundi -  ??You said "GSP is dominant in every aspect of MMA"...striking is an aspect of MMA. Phone Post

Fucking this.
3/20/13 3:00 PM
Smellde Gluve
568 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This Phone Post
3/20/13 3:02 PM
studiocamp
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On top of his better striking and ability to finish, Anderson's chin is FAR superior to Georges. You would never see Anderson tap to strikes either.
3/20/13 3:35 PM
KempoKata

I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo -  He rarely finishes fights anymore, but he dominates his opponents, negates their offense, and mounts constant attacks. I'm not even a fan. Who is more well rounded? Jon Jones is getting closer, which is scary, but at this point, nobody is as well rounded as GSP. Phone Post

Rarely finishes anymore? It's been 5 years patna. That's not rarely, that's not at all...in 5 years.

Gracie Breakdown
http://youtu.be/As2YAwFwS2U

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.