UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks' hand not broken, wants GSP in August

3/20/13 12:43 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

However, three days after the event, Hendricks revealed his hand is free of major injuries and he will be ready to challenge reigning 170-pound kingpin Georges St. Pierre for the title whenever the champion is ready to return to mixed martial arts (MMA) action (he prefers August).

Ariel Helwani provided the following update on Hendricks' health on Tuesday's (March 19, 2013) edition of "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV:

"Of course he had the big win on Saturday night, and after the win over Carlos Condit, he told us that he was afraid he may have broken his dangerous left hand. Well, that does not appear to be the case. I spoke to him today and he said he thinks what happened was he dislocated a couple of fingers early in the fight and then as the fight went on --of course it went the full 15-minutes-- it popped back into place. That's why he was feeling so much pain after the fight but right now he doesn't think he broke his hand and he's going to have an x-ray just to make sure everything's okay, but he's pretty confident there was no break. He's hoping that he'll get the title shot against GSP in August. He says he'll take it anywhere, anyplace, anytime. He's really still on cloud nine after getting the shot, he's in such a good mood right now."

read entire article...

3/20/13 12:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mihow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why 5 months?!?

Wahhhhhhhh
-me Phone Post
3/20/13 12:50 AM
Hikikomori

I made a thread about Firas Zihabi's appearance on Sherdog's Cheap Seats Podcast on tuesday but it got erased before I could post.

Zihabi sounded 50/50 on either Hendricks or Anderson for GSP's next fight.

It really made me feel sorry for JHen. Dont be shocked to hear Georges is taking time off only to turn around and fight Ando later this year if he beats Wiedman.

the only saving grace for JHen is Firas said Georges wants Ando for his last fight before retirement. Firas also said theres a alot of people GSP wants to fight. I wonder who they are?
3/20/13 12:50 AM
Pessimist_Pete

So he can defend his title once in 2013 Phone Post
3/20/13 12:53 AM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mihow -  Why 5 months?!?

Wahhhhhhhh
-me Phone Post

GSP is going to want some time off.

3/20/13 12:53 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/20/13 12:53 AM

Give GSP a little break - if they fought in August that would be GSP's 3rd title defense in 9 months.

3/20/13 12:57 AM
keepthechange

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

Give GSP a little break - if they fought in August that would be GSP's 3rd title defense in 9 months.

shutup
3/20/13 12:57 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnny is frolicking in that picture. Phone Post
3/20/13 1:05 AM
Braziliant

Before those title defences, he had so much time off due to his injury. He owes this to his fans and to the UFC.

I'm really excited for Hendricks, he's the only guy in the division that i believe can pull it off.
3/20/13 1:08 AM
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

keepthechange - 

shutup

3/20/13 1:10 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank the Lord! Phone Post
3/20/13 1:11 AM
MMOZ

Good to hear its not broken, looking forward to this fight. Phone Post
3/20/13 1:22 AM
Shoguns Shorts
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please come to Milwaukee Phone Post
3/20/13 1:23 AM
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shoguns Shorts - Please come to Milwaukee Phone Post
I'll be surprised if GSP fights anywhere besides NY/NJ, Vegas or Canada Phone Post
3/20/13 1:23 AM
ku3mm3t
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I second please come to Milwaukee. Phone Post
3/20/13 1:25 AM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I predict this fight happens Labor Day weekend in Vegas.

3/20/13 1:34 AM

Condit's Face Broke My Hand - 
I'll be surprised if GSP fights anywhere besides NY/NJ, Vegas or Canada Phone Post

Lorenzo said something about wanting to take GSP back to Vegas

3/20/13 1:35 AM

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -
Condit's Face Broke My Hand - 

Lorenzo said something about wanting to take GSP back to Vegas

I figured. They tried twice and GSP pulled out both times Phone Post
3/20/13 1:37 AM
oumatt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to Hendricks' twitter he felt an xray was not necessary since the hand felt better on Tuesday. With a possible title shot on the line, a quick trip to the doc and an xray to confirm it was only a dislocation is the best option. I would hate to see a hairline fx pop up down the road and derail a shot at the title. Phone Post
3/20/13 1:44 AM
A bag of ricin
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That would be awesome to have Aldo/Pettis and GSP/Hendricks in the same month. Phone Post
3/20/13 2:08 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he knocks out GSP they're going to have to start calling Hendricks "Mantis Shrimp" for his new nickname.
3/20/13 2:08 AM
Enemies

Put them on the July 6 card. See how many PPV buys they get. :P
3/20/13 2:12 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude, it's 5 months from now! Don't act like they want him to fight again in 3 months.

Plus, even before the 18 months GSP had off for the injury he was one of the more inactive champions. Expecting him to fight 5 months from now is perfectly reasonable.
3/20/13 2:12 AM
Chiron

oumatt -  According to Hendricks' twitter he felt an xray was not necessary since the hand felt better on Tuesday. With a possible title shot on the line, a quick trip to the doc and an xray to confirm it was only a dislocation is the best option. I would hate to see a hairline fx pop up down the road and derail a shot at the title. Phone Post

Exactly right.
3/20/13 2:15 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad
895 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP is getting tagged a little more then usual as of late. Hendricks needs to bring the fight, show no respect.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.