UnderGround Forums

Revgear League BJJGround >> Skin Rashes

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/20/13 2:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thegreatone287
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No before anyone tells me to go to the doctor I already have and im not sure about the diagnosis he gave me. He said that I have dermatitis on my arms amd face. He gave me a cream to use once daily after a shower but ive seen no difference. Now the rash looks like a whole bunch of pimples. they get really inflamed when I start to sweat. There not itchy. but sometimes when I start to move say cardio wise I get a unbearable itch around my wrists. Has anyone had this is issue before that could recommend me anything. Phone Post
3/20/13 2:30 AM
thegreatone287
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also asked if it were scabies. He said no. Phone Post
3/20/13 3:30 AM
Shinsplint
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds very similar to a rash that I had after an allergic reaction to the chemicals and gloves I was using at work. It was mostly on my hands at first and a bit on my face. One day I threw my gloves on without coveralls protecting my forearms and that evening my eyes just about swole shut.

The rash itself was very small little pimple like bumps that itched so terribly I would eventually lose it and scrub my arms raw with a pumice stone and douse myself in hydrogen peroxide. The pain made me forget about the itching for a few minutes. It was always worse when I was sweaty. A few days after I quit using that combination of gloves and chemicals it started clearing up.

Dermatitis is general term for skin inflammation. Rashes are strange and unpredicatable things. Sometimes just a new soap or cleaning agent can trigger it. If the rash was of the contagious variety the doctor would have known what to look for.

Sorry for the wall of text.
3/20/13 3:56 AM
thegreatone287

Hey man thats cool all the advice and information I can get im happy to listen. Yeah he did say it wasn't contagious but with how oftern I train I didn't want to infect anyone. I might need to suss out if the wife is using new soaps or anything. Phone Post
3/20/13 6:37 AM
Jessy30
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to get unbearably itchy right as I started to sweat...no idea why for the longest time. I finally switched the type of detergent I used in the wash AND much less of it. That stopped the itching for me. Phone Post
3/20/13 7:03 AM
ChipW
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Possibly eczema as well. Phone Post
3/20/13 7:57 AM
LurkingOtis
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It could be an allergy of some sort. I went though something similar last year with hives after practice. Had to get a round of prescribed steroids and prescription allergy meds to finally get it cleared out of my system.

Go to an allergist and ask about that... After you are sure it's not ringworm.
3/20/13 10:00 AM
plasticonoband
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Possibly eczema. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.