UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bigger PPV draw Nick or Chael?

3/20/13 8:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Da Ghost
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It will be interesting to see the ppv numbers when they are released for UFC 158

Chael vs Anderson 2 did huge buys, mainly because of Chael's promotion which was mainly 'shtick', and proved the perfect foil for a great champ.

GSP always does big buys, however Diaz played a great role in building this fight up, and I think he himself has become a huge commodity himself in the process.

I would say both guys are stars, especially with Chael being on TUF now.

But who is now the bigger ppv draw out of the two? Phone Post
3/20/13 8:28 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure but could you imagine Chael vs Nick? The biggest PPV in the history of the business! Phone Post
3/20/13 8:33 AM
forrestfan
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are their numbers like when not fighting the champ? Chael only drew well against Anderson.
3/20/13 8:46 AM
KidPittsburgh
1148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My vote/guess is going to go for Nick sheerly based on my experience. I've been a fan since 2001/02 and UFC 158 was the first time I listened to the press call, watched the presser, watched the weigh-ins, and ordered the PPV.

3/20/13 8:46 AM
KidPittsburgh
1148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, I ordered Chael v. Andy entirely because Andy.
3/20/13 8:49 AM
sacredhate
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick needs someone to foil.

Nick Diaz vs Nick Diaz would barely sell...it would be an awesome fight...but Zuffa would have to do all of the work to promote it.
3/20/13 8:51 AM
Nexuscrawlers
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

niether pull big numbers when not fighting a champ. i think calculating the difference they made would be difficult.

3/20/13 9:03 AM
semtex0809
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Phone Post
3/20/13 9:06 AM
Phisher

Neither is any kind of a proven draw on their own.

3/20/13 11:48 AM
Da Ghost

sacredhate - Nick needs someone to foil.

Nick Diaz vs Nick Diaz would barely sell...it would be an awesome fight...but Zuffa would have to do all of the work to promote it.
Id love to see nick vs nick Phone Post
3/20/13 1:08 PM
GaryColeman

Da Ghost -
sacredhate - Nick needs someone to foil.

Id love to see nick vs nick Phone Post
Me too. No promotion needed. I'm buying that shit. Dana make it happen. Phone Post
3/20/13 1:14 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Not sure but could you imagine Chael vs Nick? The biggest PPV in the history of the business! Phone Post
Phone Post
3/20/13 1:44 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll say Chael, but we haven't seen either sell a ppv well without the champ helping out. Phone Post
3/20/13 1:59 PM
forrestfan
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz vs. Condit headlined UFC 143 and got around 400,000 PPV buys.

Sonnen vs. Stann was on 136 with Edgar/Maynard AND Aldo/Florian and got around 225,000 buys.

Diaz vs. Penn (137) and Sonnen vs. Marquardt (109) didn't break 300k buys.

According to wikipedia. If you have more accurate numbers, post em.
3/20/13 2:03 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They both work well in the antagonist role.
3/20/13 2:09 PM
angryguy
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is nick diaz as a tuff coach an original thought? Phone Post
3/20/13 2:13 PM
TheRaider
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fans who know - Nick

Casuals/non-fans - Chael
3/20/13 2:15 PM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angryguy -  Is nick diaz as a tuff coach an original thought? Phone Post

This could provide some entertaining television to say the least
3/20/13 2:17 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/20/13 2:19 PM

Nick.  

Chael's drawing ability in the sport is way overstated IMO.  Diaz has headlined 2 PPVs on his own and was the featured attraction, whereas Chael's claim to fame is that he fought on a Fox card in the co-main event.

If Chael isn't shit talking a champion, nobody will pay to see him.

3/20/13 2:23 PM
forrestfan

UFC careers:

Nick:
13 fights
6 losses - all by decision
6 finishes

Chael:
11 fights
5 losses - all by sub/TKO
1 finish

just some trivia
3/20/13 2:56 PM
TheRaider
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I looked up woof tickets. They had a picture of Chael.
3/20/13 3:02 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -
The middle fingers of NickDiaz -
Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 
The middle fingers of NickDiaz - Diaz sells tickets with his skills, Sonnen sells tickets with his mouth... then he gets destroyed
Yup. He is going to get smashed so fucking badly by Jones I actually feel bad for him Phone Post

And the sad thing is, he probably thinks hes going to dominate Jones and so do his fans.

Nice name by the way
It befuddles me how anyone besides Chael thinks Chael has a chance in that fight. He is going to get badly, badly beaten.

Oh. And I'm stuck with this bitch until HGSP loses his belt. War Hendricks I guess, but that's gonna be another five-round point fight won by DJ Riddum. Phone Post
I know who's going to free you of your sign name Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.