UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Longest delay between issues

3/20/13 1:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stickgrappler
1487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't recall exactly how long the delays were, but these are from my less-than-Brainiac-memory:

Nyx last issue - was this Joe Q's baby? #7 took forever?

Black Cat and Spider-Man mini... 4 issues? 4th issue took forever - want to say Kevin Smith.

On one of the neighboring threads, Planetary was mentioned 10 yrs from first issue to final issue (don't remember 26 issues or so)

Fell - cos Ellis' computer crashed and he has to rewrite the scripts

any more?

after post before my work firewalls shuts me off, wanted to post and will google
3/20/13 1:45 PM
Stickgrappler
1487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow... nothing new under the sun, someone wrote it up already from 2009

http://www.craveonline.com/comics/articles/145210-top-10-most-delayed-modern-comics

3/20/13 4:11 PM
amarchron
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/20/13 4:11 PM
I think if you're going to count limited series than the wolverine v Hulk and Spider Man Black Cat waits were ludicrous. However as far as ongoing series go though, for my money the worst ongoing delays had to be for Dale Keown's Pitt. They had to warp Pitt years into the future in one issue just so he could catch up with the present. It was terrible. I don't think I count any series that just got bailed on after issue 1 though.
3/20/13 4:47 PM
Stickgrappler

amarchron - I think if you're going to count limited series than the wolverine v Hulk and Spider Man Black Cat waits were ludicrous. However as far as ongoing series go though, for my money the worst ongoing delays had to be for Dale Keown's Pitt. They had to warp Pitt years into the future in one issue just so he could catch up with the present. It was terrible. I don't think I count any series that just got bailed on after issue 1 though.

WOW! your first post on this forum and you post on my thread?

THANK YOU!

lol at me
3/20/13 4:48 PM
Stickgrappler

VU just for you
3/20/13 5:32 PM
ec
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the game of thrones book from dynamite is perpetually delayed. Phone Post
3/21/13 10:23 AM
Stickgrappler

amarchron - I think if you're going to count limited series than the wolverine v Hulk and Spider Man Black Cat waits were ludicrous. However as far as ongoing series go though, for my money the worst ongoing delays had to be for Dale Keown's Pitt. They had to warp Pitt years into the future in one issue just so he could catch up with the present. It was terrible. I don't think I count any series that just got bailed on after issue 1 though.

You reminded me: way back when the Big 7 left Marvel to form Image, outside of Todd McFarlane's Spawn, all the other books had delays for one reason or other. Don't recall how long though.

If we dig deep enough I'm sure some of the 1980's indies had delays also.
3/21/13 5:07 PM
Big Pun
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Astro City
3/22/13 10:41 AM
Kneeblock
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deathmate anyone? Phone Post
3/22/13 5:04 PM
LotionInTheBasket
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler -

You reminded me: way back when the Big 7 left Marvel to form Image, outside of Todd McFarlane's Spawn, all the other books had delays for one reason or other. Don't recall how long though.

If we dig deep enough I'm sure some of the 1980's indies had delays also.
Remember Prophet from Image? I think one of the issues took about a year to come out.

Good times man, I haven't read comics in years. A few more years and my son will be responsible enough that I can dig out the small fortune I own and turn them over. That'll be a cool day. Phone Post
3/22/13 5:05 PM
torquemada
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did they ever finish the Kevin Smith Batman arc?
3/23/13 1:40 AM
Drugs_Delaney
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler - 

wow... nothing new under the sun, someone wrote it up already from 2009

http://www.craveonline.com/comics/articles/145210-top-10-most-delayed-modern-comics

i can beat their #1. Faust #13-#14 by Tim Vigil, took 7 years to come out. take that craveonline nerds.
3/23/13 9:08 AM
danny A
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For Image United what is there like 3 of 9 issues out?

Unity 2000 never finished.

Here's a great one that still pissed me off to this day. The second Hellshock series by Jae Lee ran for three of the four issues and was late as hell (yeah pun intended). Instead of just putting out the fourth book when it was done Image said fuck you to the fans and put out a hardcover with the ending and never put out the fourth issue.

I'm pretty sure the first Youngblood series didn't finish the story either and actually ended as a back up on another book.
3/23/13 3:16 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine....by the time they finished it Lenil Yu had developed a completely different, and completely inferior art /drawing style
3/25/13 10:07 AM
Stickgrappler

dayum at some of these

egregious!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.