UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> 2nd grade Intercostal strain...

3/20/13 2:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1armedScissor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I recently was diagnosed with a 2nd grade intercostal strain. Early prognosis is 3-6 weeks recovery unless I aggravate it again. It seems like such a minor injury but what a fucking pain in the ass. It's almost impossible to find movements that don't aggravate it.

Anyways I'm looking for ways to continue exercising throughout my recovery in ways that won't aggravate the injury. Main goal is to maintain strength and if possible improve conditioning.

I'm not expecting there is an answer to the above but figured I'd ask anyways.

Thanks in advance.
3/20/13 5:45 PM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you run without aggravating it? It may be a good opportunity to work on your lungs and staying power in your legs.
3/20/13 7:28 PM
1armedScissor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can add long as the pace is moderate and I don't end up breathing too deeply. Unfortunately I have other issues that prevent me from running usually but I'm willing to give it a shot. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.