UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP had fever and injury during Diaz fight

3/20/13 3:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lookoutawhale
802 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2013/03/20/st-pierre-etait-blesse-samedi

Google translate:

St-Pierre was injured Saturday

| Updated:
Georges St-Pierre

Photo Martn Chevalier / QMI Agency

Georges St-Pierre in his fight against Nick Diaz.

Georges St-Pierre has managed to dominate and beat Nick Diaz despite an injury on Saturday night at UFC 158 in Montreal.

The TVA Sports has learned that the Quebec fighter injured his Achilles tendon at the end of training camp.

"Fortunately, there were no tears, told the trainer Firas Zahabi. That said, it was very tense and very painful, but not enough to cancel the fight.

"Our concern was that the tendon tears during combat. For the moment, we do not know if he aggravated his injury, but it certainly will undergo treatment in the coming weeks for the tendon can heal properly. "

In addition to being hurt, St-Pierre was feverish during the fight against Diaz.

"It is certain that these two elements have affected his performance, continued Zahabi. He found it exceedingly difficult.

"It is physically and mentally exhausted. I think he will need at least six months of rest before returning to the Octagon. "

Everything leads us to believe that St-Pierre will defend his belt in the autumn, against Johny Hendricks.

3/20/13 3:19 PM
I LOVE GSP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oH, so that's why he didn't finish?

wouldn't have made a difference.
3/20/13 3:19 PM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inb4 hateboners

3/20/13 3:21 PM
Pancake Syrup
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awaiting Diaz fans....
3/20/13 3:22 PM
lookoutawhale
802 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE GSP - oH, so that's why he didn't finish?

Yeah i dont think it would make a different in finishing but i think it did explain how he gassed out in the 3rd round. He usually has cardio for days.

3/20/13 3:22 PM
lookoutawhale

big_roy_fan - 
I LOVE GSP - oH, so that's why he didn't finish?

for a guy who apparently loves gsp, you sure don't act like it

im thinking he lost a bet after the fight hehe.

3/20/13 3:23 PM
Pancake Syrup
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Might explain though why he looked gassed after 3 rounds
3/20/13 3:25 PM
Uchi
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree that it would not have made a difference on the finish. That being said, I've not seen him tired like that in a very long time, if ever.
3/20/13 3:26 PM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fever for the flavor of a pringle, IMHO Phone Post
3/20/13 3:27 PM
DoomFarmer
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure he did Phone Post
3/20/13 3:31 PM
Cyril Jeff
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

an injury, plus fever?

3/20/13 3:31 PM
lookoutawhale

or is Firas Zahabi just selling wolf excuses?

3/20/13 3:33 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1008 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - Why did Zahabi only mention the fever yesterday and now today there was apparently a tendon tear as well? Are we going to find out tomorrow that Georges was battling lung cancer too?
Does he have to clear his mind for you all at once? You probably don't have much going on in your life you seem a bit paranoid too Phone Post
3/20/13 3:34 PM
da Vinci 81
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would make sense why a guy who is known for his cardio and explosiveness started to gas in the third and have his takedowns look as sloppy as they did. Phone Post
3/20/13 3:36 PM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a GSP fan, I'm not going to claim completely healthy he finishes Diaz, so THIS SHIT IS IRRELEVANT 

Still voted up op for reporting it because it's just interesting knowing it.

3/20/13 3:36 PM
Standup29
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If even his haters couldn't tell he was off that night I'm not sure what to say. I don't think he woukd have finished Diaz but he sure looked tired and his TD were slow and lacked any explosiveness. Diaz looked off too. What's wrong with acknowledging what was obvious? Phone Post
3/20/13 3:38 PM
Motivated Penn
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a fever. And the only cure, is more decision victories.
3/20/13 3:39 PM
Herman Munster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/20/13 3:39 PM

GSP fights on all heart and guts every time out.  The fight he had with Condit was a war, and not for a second boring. He also looked a lot better in every regard despite being dropped by that high kick.  This injury combined with illness explains unquestionably the difference between how GSP looked against Condit vs how he looked against Diaz.  But full credit to GSP for gutting out the Diaz fight and getting the win without much trouble.  

3/20/13 3:40 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1008 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Motivated Penn - I have a fever. And the only cure, is more decision victories.
Dork Phone Post
3/20/13 3:57 PM
sacredhate
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/20/13 4:52 PM
---deleted my post because it demonstrated a lack of simple reading comprehension----
3/20/13 4:00 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But, but, but.....GSP was so SHOOK by Diaz coming into the fight, he is mentally weak and shit...
3/20/13 4:56 PM
DoomFarmer
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShoreBreaker420 - 
Dork Phone Post

Says a dipshit with "420" in his SN.

Come on, guy.
3/20/13 4:56 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for sharing.

3/20/13 4:57 PM
Motivated Penn
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShoreBreaker420 - 
Dork Phone Post

baaaaw
3/20/13 5:07 PM
Cyril Jeff
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
lookoutawhale - 

or is Firas Zahabi just selling wolf excuses?

I think Firas might have mistaken the heat from GSP's riddum for a mild, low-grade fever.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.