UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP had fever and injury during Diaz fight

3/20/13 5:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
subwrassler
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holy cracked skull

not this shit...
3/20/13 5:17 PM
lookoutawhale
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff - 
lookoutawhale - 

or is Firas Zahabi just selling wolf excuses?

I think Firas might have mistaken the heat from GSP's riddum for a mild, low-grade fever.

i think you are on to something cyril!

They have to take him to a doctor. A riddum-ologist.

3/20/13 5:23 PM
DamirioN
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - Why did Zahabi only mention the fever yesterday and now today there was apparently a tendon tear as well? Are we going to find out tomorrow that Georges was battling lung cancer too?

No tear.

"'Fortunately, there were no tears', told the trainer Firas Zahabi. That said, it was very tense and very painful, but not enough to cancel the fight."

..then again, maybe he was just saying that GSP didn't cry. In any case, it wasn't enough to cancel the fight so that's that.
3/20/13 5:24 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster - 

GSP fights on all heart and guts every time out.  The fight he had with Condit was a war, and not for a second boring. He also looked a lot better in every regard despite being dropped by that high kick.  This injury combined with illness explains unquestionably the difference between how GSP looked against Condit vs how he looked against Diaz.  But full credit to GSP for gutting out the Diaz fight and getting the win without much trouble.  

LOL at this nuthugger. You must have hid your eyes behind your hand peek-a-boo style after Condit landed that head kick, cuz the rest of that fight was boring as shit.

"OHHH GSP is just so awesome. He has such guts. He makes my pussy wet"

3/20/13 5:30 PM
2Fort
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LETS SEE GSP FIGHT WITH A CRACKED SKULL BEFORE HE STARTS TALKING ABOUT EXCUSES!!!! Only one man was man enough to fight with a cracked skull, and that is Tito mothefuckin' Ortiz, SON
3/20/13 5:31 PM
TeamRenzo4Life
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And here I thought it was because Nick Diaz is suddenly the best boxer in MMA?
3/20/13 5:33 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan -
GSPushedInMyStinkEye - 
Herman Munster - 

GSP fights on all heart and guts every time out.  The fight he had with Condit was a war, and not for a second boring. He also looked a lot better in every regard despite being dropped by that high kick.  This injury combined with illness explains unquestionably the difference between how GSP looked against Condit vs how he looked against Diaz.  But full credit to GSP for gutting out the Diaz fight and getting the win without much trouble.  

LOL at this nuthugger. You must have hid your eyes behind your hand peek-a-boo style after Condit landed that head kick, cuz the rest of that fight was boring as shit.

"OHHH GSP is just so awesome. He has such guts. He makes my pussy wet"

you must still be mad diaz lost, as indicated by your screen name.

what i find funnier than that, though, is the fact that you actually though diaz would win.
"I picked the 5-1 favorite to win a fight and he won! I so smart! DERP" Phone Post
3/20/13 5:43 PM
New Leaf 1.0

Settle down KKM. Screen name bets are for fun, taking an underdog, despite knowing you'll likely lose is part of it.
3/20/13 5:50 PM
Doc T
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE GSP - oH, so that's why he didn't finish?

wouldn't have made a difference.
Because nick Diaz is the most frequently stopped mma fighter Phone Post
3/20/13 6:07 PM
studiocamp
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder what the chances are of GSP going the rest of his career without a finish. I really wish the first Serra fight had never happened. It was a fucking stupid gimmick that back-fired in the biggest of ways.

And yes, I will be butt-hurt the rest of my life about that fight.
3/20/13 6:34 PM
The Shockmaster

subwrassler - holy cracked skull

not this shit...

You realize GSP won, right?
3/20/13 6:43 PM
Acidic

Thats fighting for you if your fighting at 100% chances are you didn't train hard enough or got lucky. When you walk into an MMA gym and see that the same people are there everyday training you will see most of them have some kind of nagging injury or pain in there body. Its just a part of the sport specially since it requires a lot more physically and psychologically then any other sport.
3/20/13 6:46 PM
subwrassler
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Shockmaster - 

not this shit...

you realize this is to save face after yet another decision win, right?
3/20/13 6:51 PM
Raezor19

subwrassler - 
The Shockmaster - 

not this shit...

I am curious and this is a serious question because I don't know the answer, but how do you get armbarred 0:00 seconds in a not recorded round ?

3/20/13 7:02 PM
AndersonSilvasMoney
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup - Might explain though why he looked gassed after 3 rounds
This.

It's not like they need to make excuses for fucking dominating Diaz and winning.

It does explain why a guy known for his 5-round cardio hit a wall in the third and started doing half-hearted takedowns. Phone Post
3/20/13 7:04 PM
Barbalos

GSP:
- I was sick.

Diaz:
- George's gloves were loaded.
- The rules of the sport are unfair.
- I've been in a lot of wars so it takes its toll.
- Media obligations are too hard.
- The UFC gets me in at 12am and I need my sleep.
- I know nothing about my own career and obligations so I can't be expected to show up.

Hmm..
3/20/13 7:06 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Hope he's feeling better. GSP is the man.
3/20/13 7:31 PM
AndersonSilvasMoney
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder -
subwrassler - 
The Shockmaster - 

not this shit...

Yep. Its just damage control. They're sayin this because its obvious after almost getting his knot rocked by Carlos last year and getting picked apart on the feet by Nick last weekend when he tried to stand with him that George is slowing down.

I don't even like Hendricks for the simple fact that hes looks like hes in the Amish Mafia, he chews tobacco and his handle is "Big Rig." The fuck? But that little dirty man has a ton of power in his left hand and hes got career momentum right now. Zahabi doesnt want Jonny's confidence bolstered just from watching Georges past two fights come on now.
Did you even watch the fight? GSP outstruck Nick everywhere except the clinch according to FightMetric and Nick even admitted that GSP fucked up his rhythm. Phone Post
3/20/13 7:45 PM
nolabrum
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everybody knew about his fever. Doctors were pissed because they prescribed him antibiotics he just didn't "finish them." Phone Post
3/20/13 7:46 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makes sense as to why he started gassing inthe 3rd and 4th.  GSP never gasses.

3/20/13 7:50 PM
AndersonSilvasMoney

Stephen Holder -
AndersonSilvasMoney - 
Stephen Holder -
subwrassler - 
The Shockmaster - 

not this shit...

Yep. Its just damage control. They're sayin this because its obvious after almost getting his knot rocked by Carlos last year and getting picked apart on the feet by Nick last weekend when he tried to stand with him that George is slowing down.

I don't even like Hendricks for the simple fact that hes looks like hes in the Amish Mafia, he chews tobacco and his handle is "Big Rig." The fuck? But that little dirty man has a ton of power in his left hand and hes got career momentum right now. Zahabi doesnt want Jonny's confidence bolstered just from watching Georges past two fights come on now.
Did you even watch the fight? GSP outstruck Nick everywhere except the clinch according to FightMetric and Nick even admitted that GSP fucked up his rhythm. Phone Post

Yeah I'm not sayin that GSP wasn't effective but when Nick started landing his shots within a short span of 30 seconds in the 3rd GSP was hurt far beyond what 'fight metric' or the judges scorecards read. Did you see the post presser? Nick looked unscathed like he was ready to do a triathlon and Georges looked like some hockey fans started a riot on his face. Act like you know don't be retarded.
30 seconds in round 3 is a lot different than "GSP got picked apart on the feet when he tried to stand with Diaz." The fight was on the feet for 12 minutes. Phone Post
3/20/13 7:53 PM
Demolition Man
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Raezor19 - 
subwrassler - 
The Shockmaster - 

not this shit...

I am curious and this is a serious question because I don't know the answer, but how do you get armbarred 0:00 seconds in a not recorded round ?

Did you not learn from the last time you shit talked a fighter?! Dammit, another fucking callout thread!
3/20/13 8:02 PM
Gilkuja

Diaz lost even though he was given plenty of time on his feet and with GSP in his guard. Deal with it and move on to hugging johnnys nuts please. Phone Post
3/20/13 8:05 PM
Demolition Man
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - 
AndersonSilvasMoney - 
Stephen Holder -
AndersonSilvasMoney - 
Stephen Holder -
subwrassler - 
The Shockmaster - 

not this shit...

Yeah I'm not sayin that GSP wasn't effective but when Nick started landing his shots within a short span of 30 seconds in the 3rd GSP was hurt far beyond what 'fight metric' or the judges scorecards read. Did you see the post presser? Nick looked unscathed like he was ready to do a triathlon and Georges looked like some hockey fans started a riot on his face. Act like you know don't be retarded.
30 seconds in round 3 is a lot different than "GSP got picked apart on the feet when he tried to stand with Diaz." The fight was on the feet for 12 minutes. Phone Post

ok well lets say those combos Nick landed on George were entirely more effective than that bullshit GSP was doin so imo they defined the 'standup' exchange of the fight. Even GSP was makin excuses in the post fight presser "I cut/bruise very easily" lol No you got your shit pushed in. I

Every post you've made so far has been either wrong or terrible, give up.
3/20/13 8:08 PM
the geek
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lookoutawhale -

or is Firas Zahabi just selling wolf excuses?

BWAHAHAHA Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.