UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP had fever and injury during Diaz fight

3/21/13 12:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sadisticsoldier
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In my opinion this is more of an excuse to hold out for the result of the Silva/Weidman fight before deciding on the next fight. Hendricks is a dangerous opponent and GSP's camp knows this. I think they are hoping to bypass that fight for the big money.
3/21/13 1:02 AM
Bucephalus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A fever? Is that GSP's excuse for not finishing yet another fighter?
3/21/13 1:03 AM
Greenup
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gsp sick or gsp 100% does not change the outcome he is a point fighter. Phone Post
3/21/13 1:12 AM
Bucephalus

Edited: 03/21/13 1:12 AM
Humphrey - It's pretty obvious you're bummed Diaz lost, but the problem is, as great as Diaz is supposed to be he was completely shut down and lost every round without question.

You can hate on GSP's fighting but what about the fact that there doesn't appear to be anyone that can control anything in a fight against him. he's so good that he can't be taken out of his game..

And now we see it was done with a fever and an injury, lol.

Salt on the wound?

Yes, every round... and there wasn't a single moment in the fight where Nick was in danger of being finished. It was yet another example of GSP's point fighting prowess. And before you assume that I'm bitter about Diaz losing.. it has nothing to do with who lost. It's about who won and how.
3/21/13 1:23 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trying to get more time with his belt before he loses it IMHO Phone Post
3/21/13 1:55 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - Why did Zahabi only mention the fever yesterday and now today there was apparently a tendon tear as well? Are we going to find out tomorrow that Georges was battling lung cancer too?

Ya, Zahabi seems fishy here. It does sound like a bunch of excuses.

If GSP's ankle was torn then why was he bouncing up the stairs going into the weigh-in? He wasn't just walking, he was jumping up the steps. Why wasn't he limping when walking around after the fight doing interviews?

It sounds like GSP wants more time off than Zuffa wants to give him before the next fight. GSP was a relatively inactive champion, even before the knee injury (of course he'd be inactive for that so no blame there). They probably wanted him to fight in 4 months - they often put a strong card on 4th of July weekend. But instead of fighting this summer he wants off until the fall so they came up with the anklegate. lol
3/21/13 2:05 AM
6ULDV8

Fighters can never be sick or hurt.  If they are they are pussies.

They are there for our entertainment and nothing more.

amirite?

3/21/13 2:12 AM
Brabatross

Lol GSP was sick and injured and he was still able to dominate Nick.
3/21/13 2:15 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamirioN - 
Stephen Holder - Why did Zahabi only mention the fever yesterday and now today there was apparently a tendon tear as well? Are we going to find out tomorrow that Georges was battling lung cancer too?

No tear.

"'Fortunately, there were no tears', told the trainer Firas Zahabi. That said, it was very tense and very painful, but not enough to cancel the fight."

..then again, maybe he was just saying that GSP didn't cry. In any case, it wasn't enough to cancel the fight so that's that.

No tear...but he needs at least 6 months to heal? It's been a while since I took sports medicine, but no tear means its a 1st degree which is not serious. Unless he's the slowest healer in the world Zahabi is making some stuff up here. Even a 2nd degree tear shouldn't need that much time to heal with the kind of physio GSP has access to.

This camp is known for being smart and using every trick they legally can to their favor. It sounds like they're doing it again. I don't buy it.
3/21/13 2:16 AM
ThePeoplesYhundi
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tendon injury ok maybe that is something but a fever?Give me a break the dude is a cage fighter. Phone Post
3/21/13 2:19 AM
Chiron

LMAO people using the term dominate. You guys should look that up. GSP clearly beat Diaz. There's no doubt about that, but it wasn't a domination. Guys who dominate don't gas in the 3rd, fail to get the finish, and come out with as much damage as their opponent had like GSP did. It was a solid victory. But you guys throw the word dominate around waaay too much.
3/21/13 2:23 AM
Chiron

Barbalos - GSP:
- I was sick.

Diaz:
- George's gloves were loaded.
- The rules of the sport are unfair.
- I've been in a lot of wars so it takes its toll.
- Media obligations are too hard.
- The UFC gets me in at 12am and I need my sleep.
- I know nothing about my own career and obligations so I can't be expected to show up.

Hmm..

You forgot GSP's other excuse "I was injured". Diaz definitely has his share of excuses too. What's sad is a lot of you GSP nuthuggers are just as blind and annoying as many Diaz nuthuggers but you're too delusional to realize it.
3/21/13 2:31 AM
Chiron

suess - 

I'm assuming all of you crying about the excuses have voiced your disdain for Diaz and his plethora of excuses?  

Both of them have given more than their share of false excuses, imo. Sure, Nick has given more though.
3/21/13 8:13 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
Brabatross - Lol GSP was sick and injured and he was still able to dominate Nick.
with all due respect, I believe he was injured before the fever set in. Phone Post
3/21/13 8:33 AM
Standup29
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiron -
DamirioN - 

No tear.

"'Fortunately, there were no tears', told the trainer Firas Zahabi. That said, it was very tense and very painful, but not enough to cancel the fight."

..then again, maybe he was just saying that GSP didn't cry. In any case, it wasn't enough to cancel the fight so that's that.

No tear...but he needs at least 6 months to heal? It's been a while since I took sports medicine, but no tear means its a 1st degree which is not serious. Unless he's the slowest healer in the world Zahabi is making some stuff up here. Even a 2nd degree tear shouldn't need that much time to heal with the kind of physio GSP has access to.

This camp is known for being smart and using every trick they legally can to their favor. It sounds like they're doing it again. I don't buy it.
Its not just to heal the tendon. Its to heal after back to back training camps and more importantly to recover mentally. Title fights are extremely demanding physically and mentally.

I also believe that includes his next training camp. Hence 6 months before stepping back into the cage not 6 months to get back to training. Phone Post
3/21/13 8:36 AM
Pink Impala

Lol sure he was.

I didn't finish because I was sick!!!!

Yeah..... Phone Post
3/21/13 8:37 AM
Standup29
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThePeoplesYhundi - Tendon injury ok maybe that is something but a fever?Give me a break the dude is a cage fighter. Phone Post
And him being a cage fighter makes fevers what exactly?

It was clear as day his cardio was off. That's what a fever would do. Has GSP ever shown cardio issues? Exactly. Phone Post
3/21/13 8:39 AM
Standup29

Why do people bring up him not finishing Diaz because of the fever as if the fever was the reason? Did I miss something? When did Firas or GSP say this? Or is it just hate? Phone Post
3/21/13 9:13 AM
BubblesNS
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer -
ShoreBreaker420 - 
Motivated Penn - I have a fever. And the only cure, is more decision victories.
Dork Phone Post

Says a dipshit with "420" in his SN.

Come on, guy.
Whats wrong with 420? There is nothing wrong with glorious herbs. Phone Post
3/21/13 9:31 AM
crumbs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiron - 
suess - 

I'm assuming all of you crying about the excuses have voiced your disdain for Diaz and his plethora of excuses?  

Both of them have given more than their share of false excuses, imo. Sure, Nick has given more though.

how is firas being interviewed and answering questions = gsp him self making excuses.

after the fight GSP didnt make one damn excuse, he gave nothing but praise for nick

Nick on the other hand could not wait to make his first of a million excuses and shit all over GSP.

both of them have given their share?? you got to be kidding me.
3/21/13 9:37 AM
Standup29

crumbs -
Chiron - 
suess - 

how is firas being interviewed and answering questions = gsp him self making excuses.

after the fight GSP didnt make one damn excuse, he gave nothing but praise for nick

Nick on the other hand could not wait to make his first of a million excuses and shit all over GSP.

both of them have given their share?? you got to be kidding me.
Have to agree Phone Post
3/21/13 9:47 AM
cheesesteak
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is breaking news that GSP came down with the Jitterbug.

3/21/13 10:39 AM
whoabro

RileyPust - "I'm not saying he's cheating, but he looked sweaty and the commission refused to allow me to take GSP's temperature! Wtf?"
~ Jake Shields
Rectal thermometer gives a truer read imo Phone Post
3/21/13 11:38 AM
Darth Ryase
1267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smurphys -
Barbalos - GSP:
- I was sick.

Diaz:
- George's gloves were loaded.
- The rules of the sport are unfair.
- I've been in a lot of wars so it takes its toll.
- Media obligations are too hard.
- The UFC gets me in at 12am and I need my sleep.
- I know nothing about my own career and obligations so I can't be expected to show up.

Hmm..
Don't forget the time zone change screwed him and he over slept Phone Post
No mention of the mole in Cesar's camp? Phone Post
3/21/13 11:54 AM
Darth Ryase
1267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiron -
DamirioN - 

No tear.

Stop flat out making shit up. You're doing a disservice to the entire forum when you lie.

He said GSP has been going at 100% since rehab on his knee started and that he needs 6 months off because he's both mentally and physically exhausted. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.