UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Karma in BJJ

3/21/13 9:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TAKUAN
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great interview! Thanks. Phone Post
3/21/13 10:14 AM
Hywel Teague
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ Hacks, free Arte Suave videos, Direct from Rio
htownbjj - Great video, in this one he sounds like the most reasonable guy in the world. In other videos (like the one JRockwell posted), he comes across as a bit, shall we say, eccentric.
Oh he is definitely eccentric! Which is why I wanted to do a video with him :)

Dustin is a great guy and I've always loved his videos because he's such a character. I think we've got some of the best from him in this one Phone Post
3/21/13 10:40 AM
deepu
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great vid as always.
3/21/13 10:40 AM
deepu
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/21/13 10:40 AM
double
3/21/13 10:46 AM
gusto
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kying418 - 
htownbjj - Great video, in this one he sounds like the most reasonable guy in the world. In other videos (like the one JRockwell posted), he comes across as a bit, shall we say, eccentric.

Agreed- I thought it was ironic for a grappler who hasnt won BB Mundials or ADCC to always talk about how winning was everything.

strange critique as dustin has won actual fights using bjj
3/21/13 12:25 PM
Hywel Teague
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ Hacks, free Arte Suave videos, Direct from Rio
Yes he did. An MMA record of 12-4-0, with 10 submissions. And brown belt Brasileiro champ 2000.
3/21/13 12:26 PM
CJJScout
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ Hacks is pure gold.
3/21/13 12:26 PM
CJJScout
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ Hacks is pure gold.
3/21/13 1:05 PM
JESK
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ltr Phone Post
3/21/13 2:10 PM
Adam Singer
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dustin did a seminar at my gym about 4 years ago. It was a strange experience but I will never forget "Not ballet toes, Hammer Toes."
Adam
3/21/13 2:18 PM
kying418
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/21/13 2:26 PM
gusto - 
kying418 - 
htownbjj - Great video, in this one he sounds like the most reasonable guy in the world. In other videos (like the one JRockwell posted), he comes across as a bit, shall we say, eccentric.

Agreed- I thought it was ironic for a grappler who hasnt won BB Mundials or ADCC to always talk about how winning was everything.

strange critique as dustin has won actual fights using bjj

I dont think so- I like his enthusiasm.

However, he has videos where he says things like 2nd place means nothing, only being a champion is important, etc etc.

So if you say that, shouldnt it be safe to assume that you have won multiple championships at the highest levels?

And, if you haven't, then maybe winning isn't everything or you would be in constant disappointment, no?

3/21/13 3:13 PM
usurper
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds like an idiot.. its not just accent.. his sentence structure is purposely like a brazilian speaking english. pretty much the equivilant of a wigger speaking ebonics
3/21/13 3:16 PM
amc6825
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And I think he beat Marcelo while they were both brown belts. Might have even tapped him Phone Post
3/21/13 3:18 PM
gusto

amc6825 -  And I think he beat Marcelo while they were both brown belts. Might have even tapped him Phone Post

that is why kying is talking shit if you hadnt figured it out
3/21/13 3:26 PM
shen
632 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

usurper - sounds like an idiot.. its not just accent.. his sentence structure is purposely like a brazilian speaking english. pretty much the equivilant of a wigger speaking ebonics

Yo, yo, yo... watch ur mouth bro, "wigga" is cool, but you best not be comin' up in here saying "wigger".

Someone might take that as a sign of disrespect and before you know it... --POP!-POP!

You been warned.
3/21/13 3:27 PM
cardio

Didn't watch the vid but I'll chime in on the accent. Native speakers of English sometimes have ill feelings towards other Native Speakers who have developed an accent, assuming they've done it on purpose, are trying to be 'cool,' exotic, or at least fit in.

Having lived overseas for 8 years, I'll say: Some native speakers of English can retain their native accent just fine and others cannot, when abroad.

It's quite possible to unintentionally acquire an accent. It happens when your around majority non-native speakers.
3/21/13 4:52 PM
kying418
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/21/13 4:53 PM
gusto - 
amc6825 -  And I think he beat Marcelo while they were both brown belts. Might have even tapped him Phone Post

that is why kying is talking shit if you hadnt figured it out

Lol, I have no dog in this fight.

God bless him for tapping out my teacher as a brown belt. It probably help motivate Marcelo later in his career.  

Marcelo is human, I don't get butthurt when he loses.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.