UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Riddle has harsh words for Dana White

3/20/13 6:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did his doctor tell him to smoke 3.5 grams a day? Phone Post
3/20/13 6:03 PM
ChaosOverkill
649 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 
ChaosOverkill - 
Steve4192 - 
ChaosOverkill - 
Steve4192 - Matt keeps on referring to weed as 'his medicine', yet he has never bothered to apply for a TUE. Kizer has made it clear that the TUE is available, but no one has ever applied for the damn thing.

Zuffa basically runs their overseas shows based on the Nevada rules and regulations. Matt might still have a job if he went through the effort of getting a TUE from Nevada. But I guess he got high (errr medicated) and forgot to apply.

fight was in England, I don't think theres weed TUE's in England and the First one was in Calgary where the comission might not have on either.

Read my second sentence.

Zuffa does their own oversight for UK events, and they base it on the Nevada rules. If Riddle had himself cleared with a TUE in Nevada, they likely would have let it slide.

Just cause the rule set is Nevadas for the fights doesn't mean they will accept TUE's the legal state of Pot is different in the UK isn't it? I'm not sure I'd like to know.

I'm not sure a pot smoking fighter that is in this situation has fought in NEvada since he said that. There are probably few fighters that would want this TUE, most probably gave up smoking to be fighters because it has been illegal and a PED so to speak forever.

They let guys with TRT TUE's fight on overseas shows. I don't see any reason why they would treat marijuana TUE's any differently.

I only ask because test isn't a controlled substance like pot just the levels of it in fighters
3/20/13 6:04 PM
I LOVE GSP
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

would having a tue matter if he tested over the limit?

I would think it would only matter if it was during random testing.
3/20/13 6:05 PM
torquemada
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bridge officially burnt. Phone Post
3/20/13 6:06 PM
THR33TO3
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BLACKBUDDAH -
THR33TO3 - Riddle's an idiot. He blew any chance he had at a lucrative future in MMA. I'm an avid supporter of medical marijuana and refuse to buy its in any way performance enhancing but if you sign a contract pledging to test clean for all banned substances and then fail not once but twice resulting in bout results being overturned you ducking deserve to be fired. Had he kept his mouth shut, grown up a bit and performed well he still would've been welcomed back. But alas, it goes up in smoke. Phone Post
Nah if dana can work with Tito he can work with riddle. Phone Post
I agree with you. However Riddle would have to achieve a pretty significant level of success/fame outside the UFC for that to happen. He's certainly young enough. Not working with Tito again at that point would've been a poor business decision for Dana. Riddle has a looooong way to go to be that profitable. Phone Post
3/20/13 6:08 PM
murofgu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

poor riddle :(
Chulio
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/20/13 6:08 PM
I know 6 people with the medical pot license and every one of them laugh at how they are legal stoner's

If you had to be on opiates or benzo's all the time you could not fight either

Whenever someone says I have no reaction or I could make excuses but,, it is going to be good!
Vader03
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol. Riddle is an idiot Phone Post
Barbalos

career = trashed.
3/20/13 6:12 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes Matt, a guy who helped build a billion dollar company clearly doesn't know anything about business. Certainly not more than a guy who has shown no business knowledge and keeps getting busted for a drug he's not supposed to be testing positive for even when he knows the dates he's getting tested.
3/20/13 6:14 PM
ChaosOverkill
649 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's Face Broke My Hand -  Did his doctor tell him to smoke 3.5 grams a day? Phone Post

I've seen tolerance worse that that daily just to keep a basic level some peoples metabolism and absorbtion rate or efficiency is very low.the sensitivity varies greatly some can smoke for years and it never goes up and some who start and after a month already need double
3/20/13 6:16 PM
Dmoney35
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THR33TO3 - Riddle's an idiot. He blew any chance he had at a lucrative future in MMA. I'm an avid supporter of medical marijuana and refuse to buy its in any way performance enhancing but if you sign a contract pledging to test clean for all banned substances and then fail not once but twice resulting in bout results being overturned you ducking deserve to be fired. Had he kept his mouth shut, grown up a bit and performed well he still would've been welcomed back. But alas, it goes up in smoke. Phone Post
yup Phone Post
3/20/13 6:19 PM
timessquare
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Dana doesn't know shit about business? OK Riddle, OK!

3/20/13 6:19 PM
Wazza J

Dana called him a moron for the comment Riddle made about if he didn't smoke he would beat his kids..but he was probably too stoned to remember that bit Phone Post
3/20/13 6:21 PM
man meets fate

Barbalos - career = trashed.

And you know this h ow? He will get like 4 to 6 fights a year and less of the demands ufc ask for. He will probably end up making more than he did in ufc. Not everyone loves to fight for ufc.
3/20/13 6:24 PM
John Nic

Hahaha man.. He better start firing up that glass cause he's never going to fight in the UFC again Phone Post
3/20/13 6:24 PM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned or an angry pothead.
3/20/13 6:25 PM
HandyDarsh
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why?! Bite your toungue Matthew!
It sounds like marijuana has hurt his career more than it's helped, Phone Post
3/20/13 6:26 PM
HandyDarsh
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate -
Barbalos - career = trashed.

And you know this h ow? He will get like 4 to 6 fights a year and less of the demands ufc ask for. He will probably end up making more than he did in ufc. Not everyone loves to fight for ufc.
Insulting Dana may not end his career, but it doesn't help him that's for sure. Phone Post
3/20/13 6:41 PM
crwhitlock
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Riddle has managed to talk his way out of the UFC. In the era of Nick Diaz and Chael Sonnen, that is a pretty impressive thing to do. When asked about the situation, Dana White made it very clear that Matt Riddle was released for comments deemed inappropriate. It was not directly because of his failed drug test. In an interview before the fight Matt apparently said "he would beat his kids if he didn't smoke pot". He was released and then lashed out during a second interview saying he wouldn't accept a job in the UFC even if offered. Dana's response to that was "well I'll make it easy on him then, we just won't ask him to come back". Now Riddle has unleashed this little tirade that will surely keep him out of Zuffa owned Octagon space for the rest of his life. Had the guy never done an interview he'd be an up and coming welterweight for the UFC.
3/20/13 6:47 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Jay & Silent Bob IV

3/20/13 6:47 PM
CALI NATIVE

Not really a Dana fan, but Riddle has proven himself to be a fu*king Lame ASS with all that he has said as of late. Riddle is bad for the sport.
3/20/13 6:51 PM
robopimp
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe I'm on a different page from a lot of other fans, but I actually like Riddle now way more than I ever did before. I think it's ridiculous that fighters can take advantage of TRT but not use marijuana when they have a prescription for it. Look, I know that getting a prescription is dead easy, but it's a joke that mj is illegal anyway and I'd much rather fight someone on weed than boosted testosterone.

Riddle is just speaking his mind and for the most part I agree with everything he's saying.
3/20/13 6:54 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
3/20/13 6:54 PM
deadlyonetwo3
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He shouldn't-a done it!!!!!!! Not a smart move if you're in the MMA business and in Matt Riddle's position to be saying things like this lol. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.