UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Riddle has harsh words for Dana White

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/20/13 6:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
subwrassler
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

The Herman thing does actually raise a valid point

fuck yeah, i'm kinda trippin off that right now
3/20/13 6:55 PM
TDogg926
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He lost every amount of cred when he said Dana doesn't know anything about business. But Matt does? Bahahaha. Phone Post
3/20/13 6:56 PM
Barbalos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate - 
Barbalos - career = trashed.

And you know this h ow? He will get like 4 to 6 fights a year and less of the demands ufc ask for. He will probably end up making more than he did in ufc. Not everyone loves to fight for ufc.

Well if he didn't want to fight for the UFC (the only org he's ever fought for), why wasn't he trying to get out of his contract to make the big bucks fighting 6 times a year in a smaller org? Or was it a cunning plan, getting himself fired for testing positive so he could start making the real money out of the UFC? LOL, don't kid yourself. If you can perform at a high level in the UFC you will make more money than elsewhere, generally. It also isn't a guarantee that Riddle will command good money elsewhere forever off the back of his UFC stint.
3/20/13 6:57 PM
UncleDavid

Wow Riddle is alot dumber than i thought. Dana doesnt know shit about business?! Thats news to me
3/20/13 7:03 PM
THR33TO3
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

willienugget - No - Nobody has ever said a TUE was available in Nevada. Kizer said he would hear it if anyone wanted to present a case.

Yes - There are legitimate doctors who will recommend marijuana.

Currently in Colorado and Washington it is still banned during competition.
I think the issue is definitely not his smoking. The issue is that he failed do what he needed to do to test clean which he was contractually obligated to do resulting in bout outcomes having to be overturned and him having to serve suspensions. His inability or unwillingness to piss clean cost both the company and himself money. After which he refused to accept responsibility instead saying 'they're not allowing me to take my medicine'. Who?! Dana? He doesn't give a fuck what you recreationally consume so long as you test clean. If riddle wants to bitch about the rules bitch to the commission. Instead he publicly and unjustly blames his boss. His mismanagement of his own urine is the only reason he's unemployed. You sign a contract you should live up to it. And unless you're pulling in several hundred thousand PPV buys, expect to be fucking fired over it. Phone Post
3/20/13 7:07 PM
THR33TO3
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^wrong quote. Oops. Phone Post
3/20/13 7:17 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh - Why?! Bite your toungue Matthew!
It sounds like marijuana has hurt his career more than it's helped, Phone Post
Fighting is hurting his smoking imo Phone Post
3/20/13 7:19 PM
ender852
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This kid can not stop saying stupid shit. Unbelievable. Phone Post
3/20/13 7:22 PM
sockeye
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People like Riddle is why I stopped smoking pot Phone Post
3/20/13 7:24 PM
Mdson
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SidRival - 
Steve4192 - Matt keeps on referring to weed as 'his medicine', yet he has never bothered to apply for a TUE. Kizer has made it clear that the TUE is available, but no one has ever applied for the damn thing.

Zuffa basically runs their overseas shows based on the Nevada rules and regulations. Matt might still have a job if he went through the effort of getting a TUE from Nevada. But I guess he got high (errr medicated) and forgot to apply.
The fact that no one is talking about this makes me wanna punch myself in the face. I raised the question last year well before nick tested positive again. Idk why fighters are continually overlooking this! I even bumped my thread about a week and a half ago and it got zero traffic. Makes no sense. They will jump through the hoops to cheat with test but they are unwilling to go through the process to get exemption for something some of them actually need. Mind bottling. Phone Post

I wonder what are the rules of the marijuana exemption? Is there a limit to how much metabolites you can have in your system?
3/20/13 7:27 PM
the geek
327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

The difference IMO is that you have one employee (Herman) who if my memory serves me correctly admitted he had a problem and was willing to participate in seeking treatment. Accepting ownership of the problem he created.

Then you have another employee who is stating that he doesn't have a problem and is blaming everyone else for the situation he created.

I'm not passing judgement on weed, Riddle never applied for the TUE but still insist on blaming everyone else for getting canned.

As an employer I would be more willing to keep the employee who is owning their mistake and seeking help than an employee who is unwilling too. Phone Post
3/20/13 7:27 PM
the geek
327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis - War Riddle. The guy speaks his mind. Holds nothing back. The UFC is not the end of all things despite what you zuffa zombies think. Hopefully Bellator picks him up. Phone Post
Not that you have a bias or anything though right? Phone Post
3/20/13 7:46 PM
keepthechange

UFC shills ahoyyyyyyyyy Phone Post
3/20/13 7:47 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/20/13 7:52 PM
Tomato Can
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis -  War Riddle. The guy speaks his mind. Holds nothing back. The UFC is not the end of all things despite what you zuffa zombies think. Hopefully Bellator picks him up. Phone Post

You think Bellator wants a guy who's gonna fuck up one of their tournaments by pissing hot?

He wouldn't be a contender in Bellator anyway.
3/20/13 7:55 PM
the geek

willienugget -
the geek - 
ChaosOverkill -

The difference IMO is that you have one employee (Herman) who if my memory serves me correctly admitted he had a problem and was willing to participate in seeking treatment. Accepting ownership of the problem he created.

Then you have another employee who is stating that he doesn't have a problem and is blaming everyone else for the situation he created.

I'm not passing judgement on weed, Riddle never applied for the TUE but still insist on blaming everyone else for getting canned.

As an employer I would be more willing to keep the employee who is owning their mistake and seeking help than an employee who is unwilling too. Phone Post

Sorta but it was after he flat out denied ever having smoked marijuana and blamed second hand smoke caused the failure.
Thanks for the clarification bro. Phone Post
3/20/13 7:55 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1035 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTTN00B - Matt Riddle is being such a fucking burn to stoners. He should stop because all he's doing is setting the movement back.
For real, him and Nick Diaz Phone Post
3/20/13 7:59 PM
rumble_fish
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stop putting this asshole on the front page. i don't give a shit what he says, and I know i'm not alone on this.
3/20/13 8:04 PM
TexasBadAss
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He needs somebody to step in and guide his career. Burning the UFC bridge could also cause some of the smaller orgs to steer clear of him.
3/20/13 8:20 PM
HandyDarsh
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShoreBreaker420 -
UGCTTN00B - Matt Riddle is being such a fucking burn to stoners. He should stop because all he's doing is setting the movement back.
For real, him and Nick Diaz Phone Post
So which fighter gives pot a good name? Phone Post
3/20/13 8:28 PM
Lux Fixxins

big_roy_fan - ratt middle threw away the opportunity of a life time all cause he couldn't put down the drugs
. Phone Post
3/20/13 8:31 PM
Lite
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wouldn't be surprised if Dana is on steroids.
3/20/13 8:38 PM
anti_hate101
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cant argue with the roid point...

and yeh @lite i was just thinking this is prob why he is easy on those guys
3/20/13 8:39 PM
ChaosOverkill
786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 
willienugget -
the geek - 
ChaosOverkill -

Sorta but it was after he flat out denied ever having smoked marijuana and blamed second hand smoke caused the failure.
Thanks for the clarification bro. Phone Post

Yeah Ironically Riddle is the guy out of the two that hasn't denied smoking it and it being legit he just wants to make a stink about the concept and process when caught. Nick just tends to do his normal tangent stuff and get into fights with the commsission

3/20/13 8:49 PM
ender852
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rumble_fish - stop putting this asshole on the front page. i don't give a shit what he says, and I know i'm not alone on this.
+1
I wish he'd shut up and go away. His fights are either boring or laughable because he is boxercising thin air while his opponent is 5 feet away Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.