UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Riddle has harsh words for Dana White

3/20/13 8:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 
willienugget -
the geek - 
ChaosOverkill -

The Herman thing does actually raise a valid point

The difference IMO is that you have one employee (Herman) who if my memory serves me correctly admitted he had a problem and was willing to participate in seeking treatment. Accepting ownership of the problem he created.

Then you have another employee who is stating that he doesn't have a problem and is blaming everyone else for the situation he created.

I'm not passing judgement on weed, Riddle never applied for the TUE but still insist on blaming everyone else for getting canned.

As an employer I would be more willing to keep the employee who is owning their mistake and seeking help than an employee who is unwilling too. Phone Post

Sorta but it was after he flat out denied ever having smoked marijuana and blamed second hand smoke caused the failure.
Thanks for the clarification bro. Phone Post

Yeah Ironically Riddle is the guy out of the two that hasn't denied smoking it and it being legit he just wants to make a stink about the concept and process when caught. Nick just tends to do his normal tangent stuff and get into fights with the commsission

3/20/13 8:49 PM
ender852
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rumble_fish - stop putting this asshole on the front page. i don't give a shit what he says, and I know i'm not alone on this.
+1
I wish he'd shut up and go away. His fights are either boring or laughable because he is boxercising thin air while his opponent is 5 feet away Phone Post
3/20/13 8:51 PM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the thing that bothers me the most about this moron pothead is that he has already spawned 3 kids
3/20/13 8:57 PM
crumbs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Riddle is an embarrassment to the green movement, who the fuck would think its ok to say smoking stops you from beating your kids ?

Not being a fucken moron should stop you from beating your kids. This guy might have a learning disability, on top of whatever he told the doc to get his license.
3/20/13 8:57 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I kind of stopped reading after the ''Dana is uneducated about the sport and the industry''...

I thought Riddle had a point with his comparison of his own situation with that of Herman. Its pretty obvious he stepped on some toes and they where looking for an excuse to get rid of him. Though the fact failed a test twice  so close after another  is a big fuck you to anybody regardless of the reason.

Anyways i thought there potentially might have been some truth to his point of view. Unfortunately he really puts himself into a corner with this rather moronic reaction. Done with the whole Riddle thing.

3/20/13 9:15 PM
the geek
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CREason good fighters lose - 
the geek - 
Sal Penis - War Riddle. The guy speaks his mind. Holds nothing back. The UFC is not the end of all things despite what you zuffa zombies think. Hopefully Bellator picks him up. Phone Post
Not that you have a bias or anything though right? Phone Post

Yah and the same could be said about you especially, so why are you calling him out for something you could easily be called out for?

Can you tell me how I have a bias?

Do I like the UFC and post frequently in support of them? Yes!

Can you find 1 post where I have said anything negative about another organization, ever?

I'm a positive guy, my nature is to find ways to make things work, not to fail. But what I struggle with is people who tell me I'm not allowed to like something and I'm wrong if I don't agree with them. I love the UFC, call me a shill I don't mind, just don't tell me I'm wrong for loving the UFC, it's allowed to like what I want.

I will never (or at least I'll try to never) build up the things I love by tearing down the things you love.
3/20/13 9:34 PM
Carl Sonnen

Riddle is awesome. Couldn't be a bigger fan of this guy. You tell 'em, brah.
3/20/13 9:39 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mdson -
UGCTT_SidRival - 
Steve4192 - Matt keeps on referring to weed as 'his medicine', yet he has never bothered to apply for a TUE. Kizer has made it clear that the TUE is available, but no one has ever applied for the damn thing.

Zuffa basically runs their overseas shows based on the Nevada rules and regulations. Matt might still have a job if he went through the effort of getting a TUE from Nevada. But I guess he got high (errr medicated) and forgot to apply.
The fact that no one is talking about this makes me wanna punch myself in the face. I raised the question last year well before nick tested positive again. Idk why fighters are continually overlooking this! I even bumped my thread about a week and a half ago and it got zero traffic. Makes no sense. They will jump through the hoops to cheat with test but they are unwilling to go through the process to get exemption for something some of them actually need. Mind bottling. Phone Post

I wonder what are the rules of the marijuana exemption? Is there a limit to how much metabolites you can have in your system?
As do I. Until someone applies we'll never know. If I ever take a pro fight I will apply to solve the mystery. I'm gonna start talking to my friends that fight and ask one of them how they feel about applying just to see what happens. Phone Post
3/20/13 9:43 PM
Jone2tone
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Talking that level of shit about his now ex-boss is TOTALLY not going to hurt his chances of getting into other promotions. Phone Post
3/20/13 9:46 PM
Rockstars
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing like burning bridges. Phone Post
3/20/13 9:47 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 
CREason good fighters lose - 
the geek - 
Sal Penis - War Riddle. The guy speaks his mind. Holds nothing back. The UFC is not the end of all things despite what you zuffa zombies think. Hopefully Bellator picks him up. Phone Post

Yah and the same could be said about you especially, so why are you calling him out for something you could easily be called out for?

Can you tell me how I have a bias?

Do I like the UFC and post frequently in support of them? Yes!

Can you find 1 post where I have said anything negative about another organization, ever?

I'm a positive guy, my nature is to find ways to make things work, not to fail. But what I struggle with is people who tell me I'm not allowed to like something and I'm wrong if I don't agree with them. I love the UFC, call me a shill I don't mind, just don't tell me I'm wrong for loving the UFC, it's allowed to like what I want.

I will never (or at least I'll try to never) build up the things I love by tearing down the things you love.

g

e

e

k

3/20/13 9:57 PM
the geek
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brother Phooey, how you been?
3/20/13 10:02 PM
FunDeath4u

Riddle is Stupid and can't fight for shit. Glad he is gone.
3/20/13 10:05 PM
Ryan Black
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm from FL, a state which has no Medical Marijuana program, where Cannabis is still completely illegal and the laws regarding it are draconian in nature.

I was in a severe, life-changing accident in June of last year, and let me tell you- I've seen several different doctors since leaving the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital I was flown-in to in July. Four out of six of them had all kinds of flyers, signs, and pamphlets in their offices, praising the benefits of TRT. I even have one doctor with a 32" flatscreen monitor in their waiting room, with a PowerPoint presentation advertising the benefits of TRT playing on a constant loop. I swear, you pick up one of these pamphlets and read the whole thing through- I don't care if you've never been sick a day in your life- by the end of the pamphlet you'll easily be fully convinced that you'd absolutely benefit from TRT.

And not one of these four doctors was an Endocrinologist.

Whole lotta bullshit if you ask me, and I've witnessed it firsthand myself. It might be easy to get a Medical Marijuana card in CA, but it's also way too easy to get a prescription for legal steroids from doctors across the country.

Don't be fooled- there are likely a lot of BS doctors capitalizing on the Medical Marijuana boom- but there are also a lot of BS doctors out there prescribing synthetic testosterone to perfectly healthy 21yr-olds thanks to the lack of oversight in this TRT "boom."

That being said, Matt Riddle should not have spoken about DFW/Zuffa that way- he came off sounding bitter and jealous. I wish him the best in his career, but it was highly unnecessary to make the statements he made. I don't see a point in burning bridges. And honestly- he could have found a *much* better way to describe the medicinal benefits of Cannabis, other than saying "Weed is probably the reason I don't beat my kids. It just helps me relax." Really- how the fuck could anyone in the public eye possibly benefit from making the statement 'weed helps me not beat my kids'? There are a billion other things he could have said that Medicinal Cannabis helps with.

Dana called him on it, and what he said was a logical response to such a silly, seemingly not-thought-out statement. I wish only the best for Matt and his career, and I hope he learns from all of this and makes himself a better person in the process. Good luck to him. Phone Post
3/20/13 10:12 PM
Colboyo
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crazy
3/20/13 10:15 PM
easedel

Face it, getting licensed for weed is a pretty easy thing to do but at the same time, some people do need it & overall it is used legally as medicine.

So looking at the overall picture, getting fired because medicine you are prescribed was found in your system up to 2-3 weeks before a fight.
3/20/13 10:18 PM
Pessimist_Pete

ChaosOverkill - If Matt had the Tue available and was too lazy to look into it then yes he only has himself to blame
There is no Tue Phone Post
3/20/13 10:38 PM
ChaosOverkill
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crumbs - Riddle is an embarrassment to the green movement, who the fuck would think its ok to say smoking stops you from beating your kids ?

Not being a fucken moron should stop you from beating your kids. This guy might have a learning disability, on top of whatever he told the doc to get his license.

Yeah he let his tangent on explaining his weed medicating go WAY too far

3/20/13 10:39 PM
ChaosOverkill

Pessimist_Pete - 
ChaosOverkill - If Matt had the Tue available and was too lazy to look into it then yes he only has himself to blame
There is no Tue Phone Post

That apparently is up for debate

3/20/13 10:39 PM
JunkieDog

TDogg926 -  He lost every amount of cred when he said Dana doesn't know anything about business. But Matt does? Bahahaha. Phone Post

Dana knows the fight business, let's be real about that. He's not some business savant. lol

And while I love the guy and what he's done for saving the only sport I still watch on a regular basis... if you're discounting the HUGE benefit of having an almost limitless bankroll behind you from day one, you're clueless. (not YOU, anyone)

Name one other business he'd be successful at, acting as he acts.

I can see the meeting with some random VC, now:

VC: So, Mr. White, how can I help you?

Dfw: I wanna buy the fucking UFC! I figure i takes my 3 years as a boxercise instructor and gym manager and turn this motherfucker into a worldwide enterprise? YOU WANNA BE IN THE FUCKING FIGHT BUSINESS WITH ME??!!

3/20/13 10:53 PM
dahosse
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the one hand Matt is kind of a moron, on the other, being a mid-card guy in the UFC is actually a pretty shitty job. There's plenty of ways to make 34-48k a year where you don't have to file as 1099 and get your face broken about it. Phone Post
3/20/13 10:58 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - Brother Phooey, how you been?

0 a lil geekity

3/20/13 11:03 PM
the geek

Hong Kong Phooey - 
the geek - Brother Phooey, how you been?

0 a lil geekity

Hahaha, welcome to my world lol.
3/20/13 11:09 PM
Dougie
840 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bye Bye Matty. You were...interesting...

3/20/13 11:16 PM
Chris27

the geek - 

LOL.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.