UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Riddle has harsh words for Dana White

3/20/13 11:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ender852
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Black -  Just an observation: ever since seeing him on TUF, I always though he looked like an older version of Ferguson, the little brother from the early-90's Nickelodeon show, "Clarissa Explains It All." Phone Post

dam bro, i remember that show, but all i remember is clarissa and sam...

3/21/13 12:22 AM
Jive Turkey
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People who get their weed "medicinally" need to stop calling it "my medicine". Everyone knows it's a farce. When you call it that, it makes you look too stupid to realize you're not fooling anyone
3/21/13 12:24 AM
Meastt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Using Marijuana = understandable.

Failing jobs piss test because of Marijuana = dumb.

Using Marijuana as an excuse not to BEAT YOUR FUCKING KIDS = Moron. Phone Post
3/21/13 12:33 AM
Ryan Black
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ender852 -
Ryan Black -  Just an observation: ever since seeing him on TUF, I always though he looked like an older version of Ferguson, the little brother from the early-90's Nickelodeon show, "Clarissa Explains It All." Phone Post

dam bro, i remember that show, but all i remember is clarissa and sam...

Haha, yeah, I barely remembered it myself. Was flipping through channels and caught the end of an episode the other day on some network called TeenNick (I rarely watch TV except for news & MMA), saw the little brother and immediately thought of Matt Riddle's drunken "JUST WALK AWAY!" moment, the resemblence is virtually identical. Phone Post
3/21/13 12:45 AM
HexRei

Edited: 03/21/13 12:46 AM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
UGCTT_SidRival - 
Steve4192 - Matt keeps on referring to weed as 'his medicine', yet he has never bothered to apply for a TUE. Kizer has made it clear that the TUE is available, but no one has ever applied for the damn thing.

Zuffa basically runs their overseas shows based on the Nevada rules and regulations. Matt might still have a job if he went through the effort of getting a TUE from Nevada. But I guess he got high (errr medicated) and forgot to apply.

The fact that no one is talking about this makes me wanna punch myself in the face. I raised the question last year well before nick tested positive again. Idk why fighters are continually overlooking this! I even bumped my thread about a week and a half ago and it got zero traffic. Makes no sense. They will jump through the hoops to cheat with test but they are unwilling to go through the process to get exemption for something some of them actually need. Mind bottling. Phone Post

Because I have a feeling most commissions will laugh them out the door for attempting to get a TUE for a federally illegal drug.  Per my post above, I know Kizer brought it up but I think that was to prove a point to Nick, and that point was that he wasn't even going through the proper channels if it was indeed medicine.  I don't see anyong receiving an exemption for weed as it's clearly a joke.

If the state government has already said its permissible then I don't see why on earth the state AC would have some interminable bias against it.
3/21/13 2:45 AM
A bag of ricin
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's stoners like this that make people think we're all idiots. I am a stoner, but I would know to let someone who is educated about it speak instead of myself. Phone Post
3/21/13 2:54 AM
ChaosOverkill
631 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/21/13 2:56 AM
Chris27 - 
Tomato Can - 
Sal Penis -  War Riddle. The guy speaks his mind. Holds nothing back. The UFC is not the end of all things despite what you zuffa zombies think. Hopefully Bellator picks him up. Phone Post

You think Bellator wants a guy who's gonna fuck up one of their tournaments by pissing hot?

He wouldn't be a contender in Bellator anyway.

Name me a fighter that has tested positive in Bellator?

You cant. So the question is are they testing guys at every event but dont release the results or are guys not being tested at every event?

Not one single fighter in Bellator has been outed for failing a test.

Its a question nobody seems to ask or care about, wonder why the mma media isnt doing their homework on this.

THis is an interesting point, especially in what is tantamount to a minor league in terms of pay and competition for the most part. The gap isn't as large as some other sports Major to Minor league in some ways but larger in others.

More PED tests come back positive in minor league baseball then Major league cause the guys will do anything to reach the big show. It's different in MMA but the desperation to "reach the next level" is still there.

3/21/13 3:15 AM
fedorsbelly

I get the impression that Riddle was released for his comments about having the best knockout in TUF history. The pride he took in describing how he left a guy almost comatose and without memory for a long period was wrong. Words like these in the press could really hurt the sport. So I don't think this has much to do with marijuana.
3/21/13 3:19 AM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie -

Bye Bye Matty. You were...interesting...

Is he shadowboxing? Phone Post
3/21/13 3:22 AM
ShoreBreaker420
1024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Purp -
HandyDarsh - 
ShoreBreaker420 -
UGCTTN00B - Matt Riddle is being such a fucking burn to stoners. He should stop because all he's doing is setting the movement back.
For real, him and Nick Diaz Phone Post
So which fighter gives pot a good name? Phone Post

id say Minotauro Nogueira and BJ Penn do
Lol yea I remember that, Nog was feeding a carrot to a bus and bj got deep with pineapples n shit Phone Post
3/21/13 7:18 AM
CindyO

Chris27 - 
Tomato Can - 
Sal Penis -  War Riddle. The guy speaks his mind. Holds nothing back. The UFC is not the end of all things despite what you zuffa zombies think. Hopefully Bellator picks him up. Phone Post

You think Bellator wants a guy who's gonna fuck up one of their tournaments by pissing hot?

He wouldn't be a contender in Bellator anyway.

Name me a fighter that has tested positive in Bellator?

You cant. So the question is are they testing guys at every event but dont release the results or are guys not being tested at every event?

Not one single fighter in Bellator has been outed for failing a test.

Its a question nobody seems to ask or care about, wonder why the mma media isnt doing their homework on this.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO True! I'd like a media person to ask Viacom when they're going to provide insurance for their fighters like the UFC does.

If the UFC goes to Brazil folks like to balk about how they test their own guys (and bust them left and right just like the ACs would) but its perfectly acceptable to have a Bellator show every week and test no one! MMA Media my ass! lol

Cindy

3/21/13 7:24 AM
zebers3
524 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Riddle needs someone to help him with the PR stuff. He basically insured that he'll never be back in the UFC and will likely fade away in this sport. His only saving grace was that occasionally he put on an entertaining fight, so win/lose he'd keep his job. But now he's back to the minor leagues, and he was only ever facing the bottom of the barrel in the UFC for the most part and still losing some.

I don't see him going on any great win streak outside of the UFC even, therefore, never getting a call back to the big show.
3/21/13 7:51 AM
part_time_lurker
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 
CREason good fighters lose - 
the geek - 
Sal Penis - War Riddle. The guy speaks his mind. Holds nothing back. The UFC is not the end of all things despite what you zuffa zombies think. Hopefully Bellator picks him up. Phone Post
Not that you have a bias or anything though right? Phone Post

Yah and the same could be said about you especially, so why are you calling him out for something you could easily be called out for?

Can you tell me how I have a bias?

Do I like the UFC and post frequently in support of them? Yes!

Can you find 1 post where I have said anything negative about another organization, ever?

I'm a positive guy, my nature is to find ways to make things work, not to fail. But what I struggle with is people who tell me I'm not allowed to like something and I'm wrong if I don't agree with them. I love the UFC, call me a shill I don't mind, just don't tell me I'm wrong for loving the UFC, it's allowed to like what I want.

I will never (or at least I'll try to never) build up the things I love by tearing down the things you love.

I'm just gonna drop my vote up off here.
3/21/13 8:38 AM
Authority Figure

RIP career? 

3/21/13 8:39 AM
SZRoll

Hahaha it's so funny when people make the comment that Matt Riddle is a moron and he's "setting back the marijuana movement." I don't get it, he really didn't say anything rowdy stupid or ignorant. And even so, everyone always throws out the 'it's not helping the movement' phrase like our whole argument or case for legalization is that we're promising not to do anything stupid and act really good when we're high. F that, I want cannabis legal because it's less harmful than all the other legal drugs and I want to get high and use drugs. Case closed.
3/21/13 8:56 AM
DiazsBongWater
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He's just a juice monkey, who's bald and doesn't know shit about business"

Says a very mediocre fighter to his multi millionaire boss who happens to be the president of a billionaires company...

Face palm is strong Phone Post
3/21/13 9:03 AM
Blazing Knees

Dougie - 

Bye Bye Matty. You were...interesting...

the bottom gif makes me sad.
3/21/13 9:09 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

ChaosOverkill -

The Herman thing does actually raise a valid point

Yes it does. Phone Post
3/21/13 9:40 AM
Aaron Becker

MachidasBrew -  I like Matt more and more every time I hear him talk. He's cool in my books for telling the ufc to go eff themselves. Phone Post

you are a big moron
3/21/13 10:05 AM
BigWilliam
290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana doesn't know anything about business? Everytime riddle speaks he sounds less intelligent. Come on, credit where credit is due. Dana guided the UFC from a failing company to a multi-billion dollar one. Yes Spike tv was a big part of that, but who negotiated the deal with Spike?

Meanwhile riddle makes statements like, weed keeps me from beating my kids. Who is the clueless one there?
3/21/13 10:17 AM
spliff
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not cutting herman was bad but thiago silva is the worst. losses to rashad, beats vera/tests positive for roids, comes back and headlines in sweden and losses, comes back and fights on the co main and test positive for weed. and now hes coming back and gets to fight another guy that just tested positive for roids
3/21/13 10:37 AM
MattyECB
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The reason I've lost so much goodwill towards Riddle is his complaints are clear butt-hurt-edness and any good points he has are completely irrelevant to his own situation.

Let's be real for second here, Herman is not a brawler who fights quick ridiculous fights. If anything he's a slower more grappling centric technical fighter than Riddle. They're not keeping Herman and cutting Riddle because they no longer value competition but only entertainment

Lets also be honest about another of Riddles, "points." He claims Herman got busted twice for weed and others multiple times for PEDs in the past...

Ya, except Riddle is a strictly preliminary fighter who has very little drawing power and his test failures were basically twice in a fucking half-year and for the exact same drug...

If you fail a test, go public, make a big stink, but then promise you know your duties and it won't happen again... Only to fail within months, well there might be a different precedent, but whatever decision your boss makes you should shut the fuck up. Only worse if you make awkward child abuse jokes, try to throw a bunch of cohorts under the bus, and continuously insult your former employers even though you mentioned earlier, that they were actually fairly cool about the severance, even offering to take you back soon if you win a few
3/21/13 10:41 AM
MattyECB
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh and definitely don't demand the precise test results then accuse the UFC of malfeasance and colluding with their independantly contractec drug testing...

Unless he wants to make this some wierd Soylent Green uncover the truth adventure, he should stfu and not accuse his employer of a serious legal transgression for which he has no proof apart from, "BRO, but I quite 3 WEEKS OUT!! 3 weeks bro!"

As anyone with minimal knowledge of THCCOOH (or however the fck it's spelled), knows chronic smoking severely lags the release and oxidation of THC from adipose deposits. Like, I've had so many US friends who've had to take drug tests, and these total fucking stoners are willing to quit a month in advance to be safe. You're telling me Riddle couldn't wait a month, just after he got busted??!!
And wtf, before getting caught he was fine with a 2week window of detox? LOL not cool when you're smoking an eighth a day + hashish
3/21/13 10:46 AM
MattyECB

spliff - not cutting herman was bad but thiago silva is the worst. losses to rashad, beats vera/tests positive for roids, comes back and headlines in sweden and losses, comes back and fights on the co main and test positive for weed. and now hes coming back and gets to fight another guy that just tested positive for roids

I agree, but Thiago apologized and claimed it was for injury, said whatever happens is in the hands of the UFC, was already a large draw on the cusp of #1 contendership multiple times and was quite a draw at his peak, at least in terms of recognition power.

So he passes a bunch of tests Riddle fails.
- Draw
- Rankings Relevance prior to shenanigans
- Don't fuck with your boss
- Had about 2 years between hot pisses

Obviously, there are alot of reasons to cut him, but I don't see how Riddle situation isn't an extreme extra retarded version of this shit. Which makes me think Riddle comes off silly playing up the victim role
3/21/13 11:10 AM
Steve4192
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiazsBongWater -  "He's just a juice monkey, who's bald and doesn't know shit about business"

Says a very mediocre fighter to his multi millionaire boss who happens to be the president of a billionaires company...

Face palm is strong Phone Post

Yeah, but Riddle blows glass, so it's about even.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.