UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Riddle has harsh words for Dana White

3/21/13 11:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Steve4192
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiazsBongWater -  "He's just a juice monkey, who's bald and doesn't know shit about business"

Says a very mediocre fighter to his multi millionaire boss who happens to be the president of a billionaires company...

Face palm is strong Phone Post

Yeah, but Riddle blows glass, so it's about even.
3/21/13 11:45 AM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek -
CREason good fighters lose - 
the geek - 
Sal Penis - War Riddle. The guy speaks his mind. Holds nothing back. The UFC is not the end of all things despite what you zuffa zombies think. Hopefully Bellator picks him up. Phone Post
Not that you have a bias or anything though right? Phone Post

Yah and the same could be said about you especially, so why are you calling him out for something you could easily be called out for?

Can you tell me how I have a bias?

Do I like the UFC and post frequently in support of them? Yes!

Can you find 1 post where I have said anything negative about another organization, ever?

I'm a positive guy, my nature is to find ways to make things work, not to fail. But what I struggle with is people who tell me I'm not allowed to like something and I'm wrong if I don't agree with them. I love the UFC, call me a shill I don't mind, just don't tell me I'm wrong for loving the UFC, it's allowed to like what I want.

I will never (or at least I'll try to never) build up the things I love by tearing down the things you love.
100% this ....and because the geek is too nice I will say it...

Cre have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. Phone Post
3/21/13 11:47 AM
Big Pun
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Riddle has smoked himself retarded
3/21/13 11:52 AM
peppo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"But really, he’s just a juice monkey who’s bald, who doesn’t know sh** about business. He just yells the F word and expects things to be handed to him.”

LMAO. Welp, enjoy your career in the minors, Matt!
3/21/13 12:01 PM
chaplinshouse
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's amazing matt's made it this far in his field.  his sense of entitlement and self cockblocking is unlike anything i've seen.  or at least can remember seeing

3/21/13 12:03 PM
EckY
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana came out publicly and said the shit he said about smoking weed to stop him from beating his kids, is the main reason they dropped him.

The guy is just an idiot, even when he has a good point he fucks it up by coming off as a complete retard.
3/21/13 12:05 PM
SamboMMA

Riddle is a total idiot. Gets released for failing a drug test twice.Claiming his Marijuana is "medicine" [even says he would beat his kids without it {and we wonder why MMA still has a bad rep}], Starts badmouthing Dana in public. Ends up blacklisted from UFC.

If he kept his mouth shut, got a few wins in other leagues under his belt he would probably be given a second chance in the UFC. Unless he ends up in Bellator or WSOF his chances of making a living from MMA are now gone.

And pot smokers wonder why the saying that Pot makes you stupid exists. Look at this guy and Nick Diaz for proof.
3/21/13 12:07 PM
chaplinshouse
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the worst part is he has kids to worry about and this is how he acts.  then again he only mentions his kids when he talks about beating them.  

3/21/13 12:56 PM
Haulport

“Even now, I don’t have a dislike for Dana White or the UFC. But really, he’s just a juice monkey who’s bald, who doesn’t know sh** about business. He just yells the F word and expects things to be handed to him.”

That is just AWESOME. You all realize that 85% of the fighters feel EXACTLY like that and are afraid to say anything. I have met MANY fighters and mma officials and very few of them actually like Dana or think he's good for the sport...
3/21/13 1:50 PM
ender852
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remember when Kevin Randalmen wanted to murder this kid?
Why don't we let him? Phone Post
3/21/13 2:12 PM
FlyingSubsOnly

Edited: 03/21/13 2:29 PM
Don't agree with riddle's name-calling... but it is kind of BS that Herman, who is 0-3 in his last 3 fights, has failed 2 drug tests for weed. This is also a guy who admittedly doesn't train very hard, and looks like complete garbage lately, and has been finished in every fight in devastating fashion, to the point where it seemed as if he wasn't even trying, just collecting a paycheck. Fuck Pee Wee. I'm not a Riddle fan, but much rather have him around than Herman, but HW is just mad weak I guess.

Thiago Silva, who is 2-2 in his last 4 (0-2-2 after his wins were turned into NC's), failed once for a non-human urine sample trying to beat the test, and also for weed.

Riddle is 4-0 in his last 4 fights (2-0-2 after his wins were turned into NC's). The difference is both of those guys are more "exciting" I guess? Riddle wasn't talking shit before he got kicked outta the UFC, just that he was unhappy about not fighting Hardy.

***Other fighters who have gotten by in the UFC AFTER failing MULTIPLE drug tests***

Marquardt has failed for steroids and non-disclosed TRT, Vitor has failed for Steroids and elevated T, and is now on a TUE that is apparently only valid outside of the USA (or at least NV), Diaz failed twice for weed, Sean Sherk failed for roids twice, and even Josh Barnett was offered a job after failing at least 3 times for steroids.

(I know I must be forgetting a bunch of guys)
3/21/13 2:48 PM
HexRei

There are a lot of others. Franca, Sylvia, Bonnar twice, Chael for also failing to disclose (and then lying and saying he had disclosed), I know another japanese guy got nailed for weed, and more I know.
3/21/13 2:58 PM
Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - Matt Riddle is not a particularly good representative for marijuana legalization efforts. And by that I mean he is a moron.
100% agree ... Phone Post
3/21/13 3:04 PM
FlyingSubsOnly

HexRei - There are a lot of others. Franca, Sylvia, Bonnar twice, Chael for also failing to disclose (and then lying and saying he had disclosed), I know another japanese guy got nailed for weed, and more I know.

i was thinking about guys who got popper twice or more then kept fighting, so Bonnar doesn't really count cause he retired after, which I think is scummier because he KNEW he couldn't really get in trouble minus some minimal fines.
3/21/13 3:16 PM
MartinLav

That guy is a douchebag and a fucking moron.
3/21/13 3:45 PM
time traveling 12er
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FlyingSubsOnly - Don't agree with riddle's name-calling... but it is kind of BS that Herman, who is 0-3 in his last 3 fights, has failed 2 drug tests for weed. This is also a guy who admittedly doesn't train very hard, and looks like complete garbage lately, and has been finished in every fight in devastating fashion, to the point where it seemed as if he wasn't even trying, just collecting a paycheck. Fuck Pee Wee. I'm not a Riddle fan, but much rather have him around than Herman, but HW is just mad weak I guess.

Thiago Silva, who is 2-2 in his last 4 (0-2-2 after his wins were turned into NC's), failed once for a non-human urine sample trying to beat the test, and also for weed.

Riddle is 4-0 in his last 4 fights (2-0-2 after his wins were turned into NC's). The difference is both of those guys are more "exciting" I guess? Riddle wasn't talking shit before he got kicked outta the UFC, just that he was unhappy about not fighting Hardy.

***Other fighters who have gotten by in the UFC AFTER failing MULTIPLE drug tests***

Marquardt has failed for steroids and non-disclosed TRT, Vitor has failed for Steroids and elevated T, and is now on a TUE that is apparently only valid outside of the USA (or at least NV), Diaz failed twice for weed, Sean Sherk failed for roids twice, and even Josh Barnett was offered a job after failing at least 3 times for steroids.

(I know I must be forgetting a bunch of guys)

Considering how stupid his recent outbursts have been, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to say he was being trouble behind the scenes as well.  It's not like a guy as just a perfect employee every day then suddenly goes on a boss bashing rampage where he tries his best to snitch on fellow fighters and get people fired.  The guy obviously has maturity issues which I'm gussing contributed to his firing. 

In the end it's chidish to point at someone else and cry unfair.  Riddell isn't Herman.  They're different people that bring different things to the company.  They're in different divisions with different needs and their reactions to their failed tests were different.  I also don't think Herman was looking to fight easier opponents like Riddel was.

3/21/13 3:59 PM
man meets fate

Definetly going to smoke a bowl with riddle when he comes down for his legacy fights.
3/21/13 4:10 PM
man meets fate

The Purp - explain how matt can make more money outside the ufc?

He can take wayyy more fights, these smaller shows like legacy and xfc pay good money for there known fighters. He wasn't making shit in ufc anyway, he wasn't even making 10-10k Riddle knows he will never get a title shot, so why waste time in an org you don't even fight 3 times a year? He can take 8 fights a year, make more money, and get to travel around the world.
3/21/13 4:13 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1017 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate -

He can take wayyy more fights, these smaller shows like legacy and xfc pay good money for there known fighters. He wasn't making shit in ufc anyway, he wasn't even making 10-10k Riddle knows he will never get a title shot, so why waste time in an org you don't even fight 3 times a year? He can take 8 fights a year, make more money, and get to travel around the world.
Maybe not 8 fights but exactly right on the rest Phone Post
3/21/13 4:14 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KID CHOSE A DRUG OVER HIS PROFESSION............IF ANYONE IS FUCKING STUPID HERE ITS HIM. LOL

AND THIS IS COMING FROM A STONER.
3/21/13 4:18 PM
Tomato Can
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate - 

Unless you have a manager with connections it's not that easy to get 6-8 fights a year, particularly not the type of fights that pay more than $1-2K.

Most guys that get bounced from the UFC still only fight 2-3 times a year.
3/21/13 4:28 PM
subwrassler
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SZRoll - Hahaha it's so funny when people make the comment that Matt Riddle is a moron and he's "setting back the marijuana movement." I don't get it, he really didn't say anything rowdy stupid or ignorant. And even so, everyone always throws out the 'it's not helping the movement' phrase like our whole argument or case for legalization is that we're promising not to do anything stupid and act really good when we're high. F that, I want cannabis legal because it's less harmful than all the other legal drugs and I want to get high and use drugs. Case closed.

VTFU!!!!!
3/21/13 4:28 PM
man meets fate

Dead Again - 
man meets fate - 

He's not going to get that many fights, especially if he's suspended.

Also, he's going to lose sponsorship money.

I don't think he makes anywhere near what he made while he was in the UFC ever again.

Wait so since he is not in ufc nobody will want to sponsor him? When you make shit money in ufc, its not hard to find promotions to pay you ok money. Some of these smaller shows pay way more than you think. Especially ones outside of the states. Legacy will probably pay him anywere from 8-12k.
3/21/13 4:34 PM
time traveling 12er
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The biggest thing, something he probably didn't consider because he's young, is that he's lost his insurance.  No small promotion is going to give that to him.  I imagine it's super expensive for a pro fighter, that is if they'll cover him at all.  So it's out of pocket either way for him.  Fighting 8-9 times a year also increases his chances for major injury.  He'll be pretty sad when the bill comes after he tears something or needs a surgury.  But I guess he has pot as his medicine so health insurance for himself isn't very important.  Rub some kush on that torn acl and hope everything gets better.

3/21/13 5:20 PM
Bob Saget Bottom Team

I smoke weed. THAT BEING SAID if your job requires a drug test regardless of its logic, you follow those damn rules. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.