UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Div I wrestling championship discussion

3/22/13 11:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MaliceX
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChipW - 

Nashon Garrett (cornel) just knocked off Matt McD!  DAAAANG(in your best Rener voice)

Delgado is going to take this NCAA title @ 125.
3/22/13 11:28 AM
ChipW
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MaliceX - 
ChipW - 

Nashon Garrett (cornel) just knocked off Matt McD!  DAAAANG(in your best Rener voice)

I think delgado beats garrett but Mgaluidis(sp?) takes the title

3/22/13 11:29 AM
MaliceX
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChipW - 
MaliceX - 
ChipW - 

I think delgado beats garrett but Mgaluidis(sp?) takes the title

we will see...

Megaludis has to get past Waters...
3/22/13 11:37 AM
awesomestprime
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe Ness already went down....
3/22/13 11:52 AM
ChipW
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesomestprime - I can't believe Ness already went down....

Prime, How about home town boy Peter Yates?  Im ashamed to say i didnt even know he was from Ga until a day or two ago but hes looking good. 

3/22/13 12:09 PM
awesomestprime
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yates is a beast. Don't quote me, but I believe he's an Arturo kid from TWC? But I would have cut off a leg to stay away from 165 this year.......

I was pulling for Hunter Gamble big time, hopefully he wrestles back hard.
3/22/13 12:11 PM
awesomestprime

And I don't know all of them, but there are 5 or 6 Georgia kids there. More then Ga usually has!!!
3/22/13 12:17 PM
ChipW

awesomestprime - And I don't know all of them, but there are 5 or 6 Georgia kids there. More then Ga usually has!!!

Yeah, and i think more are coming in the years to come.  

3/22/13 12:19 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Penn State all day that is all
3/22/13 12:21 PM
awesomestprime

For sure Ga wrestling is vastly superior to what it was even 5 years ago..... It's a world away from 10 years ago. I'm curious to see the changes next year and the years to come. The foundation is set, building from here gets tricky, IMO. To much in fighting.

3/22/13 12:22 PM
awesomestprime

supersaiyan - Penn State all day that is all

Yeah, they run away with it from here, imo
3/22/13 12:39 PM
LI PWR
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kyle Dake quarterfinal match upcoming now on ESPNU....and Okie St just took the lead in team scoring.
3/22/13 12:39 PM
Morgz
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blackbeltpanda -  I wrestled in western pa and its crazy how many guys I know in these brackets. Phone Post

I'm sure lots of people can answer this (please do), but since you may know some of them:  what percentage of these guys do you think are already training MMA?  I would imagine a large percentage of them are since the sport of MMA has exploded the past 10 years, and wrestling has proved to be such a dominant style for a good base.  Would love to know that in a year or two we might see some of these guys in the Octagon or Bellator, etc.

3/22/13 12:44 PM
BlackJesus
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Curent team standings?

3/22/13 12:50 PM
MaliceX

MaliceX - 
TheBigBadBootyDaddy - 
MaliceX - My pics:

125 Delgado
133 Ramos
141 Maple
149 Oliver
157 Alton
165 Dake
174 Kokesh
185 Ruth
197 Kilgore
285 Nelson
Alton isn't winning 157. His gas tank will get the best of him Phone Post

#8Alton vs #1 Welch tomorrow

I call the upset

Wow it was close but Welch pulled it out!
3/22/13 12:51 PM
MaliceX

BlackJesus - 

Curent team standings?

1. Oklahoma St. 44.5
2. Penn State 41.0
3. Iowa 36.0

3/22/13 12:57 PM
Morgz
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MaliceX - 
BlackJesus - 

Curent team standings?

1. Oklahoma St. 44.5
2. Penn State 41.0
3. Iowa 36.0

I think it just went up to 

1) Ok St. 51.5

2) Penn State:  50

3) Iowa: 36

3/22/13 1:08 PM
TuLegit

I'm amazed perry hasn't been able to do more. Phone Post
3/22/13 1:08 PM
TuLegit

Nice escape by him though Phone Post
3/22/13 1:09 PM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MaliceX -
MaliceX - 
TheBigBadBootyDaddy - 
MaliceX - My pics:

125 Delgado
133 Ramos
141 Maple
149 Oliver
157 Alton
165 Dake
174 Kokesh
185 Ruth
197 Kilgore
285 Nelson
Alton isn't winning 157. His gas tank will get the best of him Phone Post

#8Alton vs #1 Welch tomorrow

I call the upset

Wow it was close but Welch pulled it out!
The Altons are phenomenal wrestlers. If their conditioning was better, they'd be unstoppable Phone Post
3/22/13 1:17 PM
TuLegit

Impressive comeback for perry. That was damn close. Phone Post
3/22/13 1:39 PM
bignightmare
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He survived that by the hair on his chinny chin chin.
3/22/13 2:13 PM
awesomestprime

Morgz - 
Blackbeltpanda -  I wrestled in western pa and its crazy how many guys I know in these brackets. Phone Post

I'm sure lots of people can answer this (please do), but since you may know some of them:  what percentage of these guys do you think are already training MMA?  I would imagine a large percentage of them are since the sport of MMA has exploded the past 10 years, and wrestling has proved to be such a dominant style for a good base.  Would love to know that in a year or two we might see some of these guys in the Octagon or Bellator, etc.

None....

These kids work their bodies to the bone to compete at this level. I would imagine some already have aspirations to get into MMA after college, but they don't have time to put anything into it right now.

3/22/13 2:40 PM
HaMMerHouseFAN
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesomestprime - 
Morgz - 

None....

These kids work their bodies to the bone to compete at this level. I would imagine some already have aspirations to get into MMA after college, but they don't have time to put anything into it right now.

I was just about to say the same thing. Most of these guys at this level eat! Train, sleep, and shit wrestling. They will only get into mma after their wrestling careers are over. 

3/22/13 3:44 PM
FlyingKnee_bar
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ruth is unstoppable, dake and taylor are both looking great and so are quentin wright and kilgore, the semis shoudl be epic

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.