UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cyborg asked for Rousey, was told 'she's not ready

3/21/13 12:50 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1073 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Cris Cyborg has claimed since day one that Ronda Rousey is the one 'ducking' her and of course Rousey sees it the other way around. Their rivalry has been much discussed and speculated in the MMA media, but as of right now, they fight in different weight divisions and for different promotions, so who knows if we'll ever see this much talked about fight. Cyborg recently revealed to Damon Martin of B/R, a little bit more to the history:

"I don't want to talk trash about somebody, I want to prove it inside the cage.  When she was in my weight class she said 'I want to fight Cris Cyborg' and when I had my last fight against Hiroko (Yamanaka) I talked to Sean Shelby, the matchmaker at Strikeforce, and I said 'I want Ronda next.'  He said 'no, she's not ready for you' and after that fight she's talking bad about me but you guys protected her," Santos revealed in an interview with Bleacher Report

"Because after my fight I told them I want to fight her and they said no she's not ready for you."

In Cyborg's opinion, Rousey was being protected and continues to live under the same shield of protection right now. The Brazilian isn't sure why a fighter that competed in the Olympics at 154 pounds, then fought MMA at 145 pounds, insists that it's Santos who drops down to bantamweight for their fight to finally happen.

"She fought at 154 (pounds) in Judo, and I think who is running?  It's not me. I fight at 145, she fought at 145, who's running from this fight? Not me," said Cyborg.   "People need to see the fact to see who's running."

read entire article...

3/21/13 12:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zebers3
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This isn't news. Enough about her and this stupid fight. She opted not to take the fight when offered in the UFC for the title. Therefore, it's done. Just focus on winning in Invicta and passing a drug test.
3/21/13 1:00 PM
ShawnTheBadger
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*Yawn*

Cyborg can win all three fights at 145 in Invicata, she probably will.

Until SHE is willing to lose wieght and drop to 135, or the UFC opens a 145 division for women, all her talk means nothing.

3/21/13 1:00 PM
Jons Forsberg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda is ducking, that is old news.
3/21/13 1:01 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

she now realizes the desolate road tito has led her down and is desperate to bait honda...sorry cyborg, ronda is busy being a huge star and making millions..you missed your opportunity...

3/21/13 1:03 PM
SilverSpoon1996

Who cares... Ronda is a 135lb fighter, Cyborg is 145... UFC isnt interested in 145 cause Cyborg dominates and cheated... if they wanted a 145 class I am positive they would not create it based around a cheater. Cyborg go away... Ronda fights 135 for the Same reason Anderson fights 185, and prove he can beat LHW fighters... and probably some fighters in the HW division.
3/21/13 1:03 PM
Card
1914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/21/13 1:05 PM
Jons Forsberg

mychiclooksgood -  Lol @ at the underground fog for the vote down, rite back at ya Phone Post

I voted you down fyi
3/21/13 1:05 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana doesn't want his golden goose getting beat by a juicer. Plain and simple. Phone Post
3/21/13 1:06 PM
Barbalos

She definitely ducked Cyborg before. Now it's a different situation, fight isn't as feasible.
3/21/13 1:08 PM
Jons Forsberg

lol
3/21/13 1:11 PM
Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mychiclooksgood - Blah fucking de blah Phone Post
My sentiments exactly. Phone Post
3/21/13 1:13 PM
Authority Figure

Maybe Fallon Fox would take the fight. Phone Post
3/21/13 1:15 PM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jons Forsberg - Ronda is ducking, that is old news.
This Phone Post
3/21/13 1:16 PM
HandyDarsh
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GloverRampagedMyBrownEye -
Jons Forsberg - Ronda is ducking, that is old news.
This Phone Post
Yep Phone Post
3/21/13 1:21 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mychiclooksgood - 
Jons Forsberg -
mychiclooksgood -  Lol @ at the underground fog for the vote down, rite back at ya Phone Post

I voted you down fyi
Good for you ol timer enjoy your pudding Phone Post

*cough*public votes would help*cough*

It's very telling that Cyborg didn't mention her sit down with Dolce.

3/21/13 1:26 PM
tbarchard
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg is just trying to keep her name relevant. The more she calls out Ronda the more publicity she gets. It's sounds like something Tito would do Phone Post
3/21/13 1:40 PM
Focker101
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So the champion of a org calls out a green fighter
Org says no
Green fighter is protected...

A real champion does not pick there oponnents they fight who ever is a valid contender
3/21/13 1:42 PM
QueenCityLurker
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would think Cyborg would get more respect if she took DFW up on his offer on help losing the weight. It'd be something if she atleast tried to make 135, publicly documented it and then failed. But as far as I can tell she didnt even attempt it. So who gives a fuck about her. Let her be the queen of the B leagues. :)
3/21/13 1:45 PM
puss'nmitts
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how she neglects to mention a few important details. She says she asked for the Rousey fight after the bout with Yamanaka, and makes it sound like it didn't happen because Rousey was being protected. Neglects to mention she was suspended for steroids after that bout so speculating on Rousey being protected and ducking is kind of pointless. The fight couldn't have happened anyway. And yes, it wasn't until Cyborg got popped for roiding that Rousey started talking shit, but that was exactly what Rousey started talking shit about, her using steroids! And as for the argument that Rousey fought at 145lbs and heavier before, so she should then fight Cyborg at that weight, well by that logic if Rousey can make 145 than so can Cyborg. Cyborg royally fucked up her opportunity in the spotlight and she has no one to blame but herself. Still want to see them fight though!
3/21/13 1:51 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just like I said all along. Rousey is protected by UFC. Its easy to run your mouth when you are behind bullet proof glass in a safe house. Phone Post
3/21/13 1:54 PM
Bentleysuper8

Irrelevant fighter is irrelevant. No matter how much she flaps her lips.
3/21/13 2:12 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's probably true, then again she asked when Rousey had like 4 fights under her belt.  No shame in that.

3/21/13 2:13 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ -  Just like I said all along. Rousey is protected by UFC. Its easy to run your mouth when you are behind bullet proof glass in a safe house. Phone Post

Why did Cyborg decide to leave the bulletproof safehouse that Ronda was locked in? Was she afraid Ronda might steal her supplements? lol

3/21/13 2:23 PM
GregNoActionJackson
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dear UG NEWS,
Please stop posting articles about this. Its irrelevant and everyone is sick of hearing "wah she ducked me". That is all Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.