UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> What is it that you like/love about training?

3/30/13 2:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OiKing
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never really lifted much if at all growing up. As an adult I went with some friends to a gym and of course they wanted to start with bench presses. They started with 135 and banged out some reps. I laid back and got buried with it. It was pretty damn humiliating.

A week later I went back with them and I was so pissed off at being heckled about it that I laid back on the bench and banged out 4 (tough) reps with 135. Since then I never stopped. I had crappy genetics for being strong but I made up for it by training every day. I benched 345 before I ever touched a steroid and while I still thought that was a crappy bench, for someone who couldn't even bench press 135 the first time he tried I think that wasn't too bad.

That's what made me love it after first. Beating them and everyone else I seen that was stronger than me. Now I love it because I train other people and watch them do things they didn't think they could.
4/14/13 10:22 PM
Colelack
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The high Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 10:26 PM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It gives me something to push myself and body to the limit and it also gives me some time to get away from the world and just focus on me. The gym is a life changer for a lot of people and is a good place to just forget about your problems and pump some iron. Phone Post
4/15/13 12:49 AM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its cause im SUPPOSED to use my body. im meant to be physical and my instincts tell me to. Except im lazy as hell so when i work out i get to release that inner need. Also i like to be fast and strong. Also bootcamp is coming up.
4/15/13 2:12 AM
adc559
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Challenging myself Phone Post
4/15/13 11:30 AM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just really like pushing my self, and when I'm done I feel like I'm king of the world.
4/15/13 10:24 PM
WilsonBeatMySkinRed
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im never satisfied...I just lifted a personal best on the bench the other day and I still feel week, even though Im stronger than 99 percent of the dudes in the world. when I squat people in the gym stop and watch me, and I still feel weak...I don't know why. I know im strong as an ox, but as long as I feel like I could be stronger, it will never be enough.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.