UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Genis-vell/Photon, TME pls

3/21/13 8:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dendawg
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just glanced at his power-set on wiki, he seems like a Sentry level character, but to my knowledge he's been used very little. thxdk

3/23/13 4:10 AM
NCar
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to collect some of his stuff when I was younger, from what I remember he was the child of the original captain marvel and an Eternal. Anyways what I remember specifically was that he and Rick Jones were connected by these bracelets and when Rick Jones would click the bracelets together they would switch places, Genis being in the microverse I believe and Rick being on 616 Earth. He had flight, super strength, energy projection and could converse with Rick via telepathy. Most of their adventures took place either on Earth or cosmically. I recall Rick being in a relationship with Marlo Chandler (who at some point combined with Death) while Genis was a cosmic pimp. The character design was pretty cool, but he wasn't recieved well and so Marvel cancelled that title. I collected it when I was 10 so I don't remember much, but I thought it was badass back then.
3/23/13 4:18 AM
Lurkers can talk too
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Long story short he beat Sentry once. Well trapped him in another dimension when the Thunderbolts whooped tube Avengers, but same difference.

I think Marvel realized they had gone too far with him and decided to get him out of the Universe (which he recreated once btw). Zemo basically put together a team to kill him and ship different parts to different pockets of reality.

He's one of the few characters who had remained successfully dead. Phone Post
3/23/13 9:13 PM
MarkRobinson
1143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked the character a lot because I'm big on the powerful cosmic guys. He was essentially a slightly power amped captain marvel that was turning insane.

He possessed cosmic awareness like silver surfer but every time he used it he would go a little nuts. his cosmic consciousness was a bit unreliable. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.