UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Legendary Bodybuilder Nasser El Sonbaty Died

3/21/13 11:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cheesesteak
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know this is not really mma related but to anyone who followed bodybuilding in the 90's knows Nasser. One of the first true mass monsters and a great Olympia competitor.

RIP
3/21/13 11:12 PM
Mushroom Slap
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

heart failure?
3/21/13 11:21 PM
cheesesteak
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude was seriously huuuuuuuuuuge.... I know many may find bodybuilding stupid, but it was people like Dorian Yates, Nasser, Flex Wheeler that I used to see in Flex magazine as a teen and led me into my first lisfting routines and experiences with weight training and eventually into a love affair with MMA.

3/21/13 11:23 PM
cheesesteak

Mushroom Slap - heart failure?

From what i'm hearing it was malaria of all things. But at the moment it's all speculation I suppose until real facts come out. Anyway, RIP best Egyptian bodybuilder of all time.
3/21/13 11:25 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never got the body building thing, but my buddy did it for awhile and I seen the hard work and dedication he put into it. Much respect.

RIP Nasser.

3/21/13 11:36 PM
Eggbert
925 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely one of the pioneers in the shift to mass monsters when bodybuilding really became popular. Rip Phone Post
3/21/13 11:41 PM
Tyson86
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Random thought, but if I was a massive egyptian bodybuilder like him I'd grow a giant black beard that only arabs can grow and scare the shit out of everybody.

RIP
3/21/13 11:52 PM
cheesesteak

fapout - 
cheesesteak - I know this is not really mma related but to anyone who followed bodybuilding in the 90's knows Nasser. One of the first true mass monsters and a great Olympia competitor.

RIP

I remember that guy. What did he die of?

Apparently he caught Malaria visiting his home country.
3/22/13 12:03 AM
jimbonice
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really don't get the roid monsters at all. Phone Post
3/22/13 12:10 AM
FlyingTriangle
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP
3/22/13 12:19 AM
Gerbacio
631 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/22/13 12:19 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIP ElSon!

3/22/13 3:38 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Mix6APlix - How would he ever get a suicide vest on?
Don't be a dick Phone Post
3/22/13 3:50 AM
GreySkull
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_EnderTL -

I never got the body building thing, but my buddy did it for awhile and I seen the hard work and dedication he put into it. Much respect.

RIP Nasser.

Had a guy in college back in the day who was into it.

He was obsessed with his traps and was always eating eggs or buying eggs. Phone Post
3/22/13 7:08 AM
MM-eh
846 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP

3/22/13 8:14 AM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP
3/22/13 8:18 AM
TwoCanVanneDamne
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to really like this guy in the late 90's. Definitley MR O from the front but his back shots let him down.
Fucking malaria?!!? I work in Egypt, Madagascar, India, and alot if shitty African countries all the time guess I better get some meds for that shit.

RIP Phone Post
3/22/13 8:55 AM
Toquinho
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually have a signed Pic of him from a Seminar he did in holland. Iirc Really nice guy. Olympia 97 was his top shape.

RIP - GH15 Phone Post
3/22/13 10:00 AM
RPBJJ
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

as silly as I think body building is.... you can not deny the amount of insane work that guys like him put in. Those dudes are animals in the gym. RIP man...
3/22/13 10:10 AM
ChaosOverkill
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rip

3/22/13 10:16 AM
GARRYD

jimbonice -  Really don't get the roid monsters at all. Phone Post

I never understand the fools that hero worship these junkies ether .
3/22/13 10:18 AM
GARRYD

Mix6APlix - How would he ever get a suicide vest on?

Why is it so wrong to be laughing at this lol
3/22/13 10:36 AM
torquemada
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Met him years ago. Nice guy but ridiculously huge. Looked unhealthy and was sweating buckets just sitting there.

RIP. Phone Post
3/22/13 11:00 AM
cheesesteak

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -  I've heard cause of death was kidney failure Phone Post

Reports seem to be conflicting. I am hearing he had malaria and also had very bad kidney issues ... Most seem to be saying he wasn't looking to well regardless...

The bodybuilders of the 90's were very gung-ho about being the most massive, most ripped and dry with extremely low water and bodyfat day of competitions. These guys were the first to really start massive cycling with insulin, growth hormone and diuretics ... Quite a few have died... Yes they had insane work ethic and discipline but that were also playing with death each competition. Scary stuff...

I for one was a huge fan of Nasser in the 90's...I too wanted to have massive traps, chest and biceps like him. He was truly unmatched in the front posses. Call me gay or whatever, but in the mid to late 90's there was a huge bodybuilding movement and we were all in awe of how big these motherfuckers were getting...It all came with a price though..
3/22/13 11:20 AM
ricksongjj

Wow this sad to hear.
RIP
3/22/13 11:59 AM
DonFrye_Fan

I followed bodybuilding closely in the 90's. Nasser was definitely one of the big boys back then.

Not that these guys are the epitome of health, but Nasser probably drank as much Coke as he did water. He claimed he was addicted to it. Lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.