UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey doesn't want it all dependent on her

3/21/13 11:13 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On Saturday night's UFC on FX prelim show, UFC Presidenet Dana White announced that the next season of The Ultimate Fighter would feature men and women's bantamweights living together. The season will be coached by bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and the winner of the forthcoing Miesha Tate and Cate Zigano bout. Rousey recently spoke with FoxSports about the opportunity and how it would be a chance to strengthen the division so it isn't all on her shoulders

I have to kind of take a lot of the work now and try to get exposure for women’s MMA,” Rousey said. “For me, taking this project is one more thing I can do so I don’t have to do all the work later and risk (over) exposure. I don’t want all this to be dependent on me.”

White laughed off a question as to whether the UFC is leaning too much on Rousey’s name to carry a division that made its debut just last month when Rousey submitted Liz Carmouche in the title fight.

“She just started,” White said. “If that overexposes somebody, holy (expletive) we’re in trouble. By the time she fights again, you wouldn’t have seen her in a long time.”

read entire article...

3/21/13 11:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Public got Bigg Riggd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honda needs to calm down and check her ego Phone Post
3/21/13 11:39 PM
Droppin Fights

Unless ufc buys a lot of female fighters, its all on Rousey. Phone Post
3/22/13 12:50 AM
Ilikebjj
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What did she think was going to happen when Dana White paraded her around and shoved her down everyone's throat.
3/22/13 12:53 AM
Meastt
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honda no hespect hesponsability Phone Post
3/22/13 11:13 AM
Coolface_Awesomeson

I don't exactly understand the concept of coaching fighters that are going to be your competition a few months after you're done training them.

I wonder how much time Ronda's gonna spend on armbar defense?
3/22/13 2:28 PM
Bentleysuper8

I am SOOOOOOOO rooting for Cat. If I had to deal with a full season of Tate I'd shoot myself in the head.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.