UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> i came to a realization regarding geeks....

3/22/13 1:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Elastic Assassin
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

at the comic book store yesterday pickiing up my books...two geeks are having a REAL discussion about the merits of moon knight as a character being able to carry his own series......

then it hit me.....

i hate geeks....i hate my own kind....
3/22/13 1:23 PM
Kway
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, but you totally wanted to put your two cents into the conversation.

For Shame!
3/22/13 1:24 PM
The Elastic Assassin
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/22/13 1:24 PM
maybe it was teh stereotypical high pitched lithpy tone of the one behind the counter....

or the fact that he was ignoring me in favor of his riviting conversation.....

but jesus chirst i was like "fuckign GEEKS!!!"

it probably has moer to do with the fact that, though everyoen knows i'm a geek, i don;t fly me geek flag at full mast 24/7
3/22/13 1:25 PM
BigWilliam
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am confused about what was wrong with the conversation. Are you saying Moonknight can actually carry his own book?
3/22/13 1:31 PM
Kway
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - I am confused about what was wrong with the conversation. Are you saying Moonknight can actually carry his own book?

Yeah personally I don't believe he merits that.
3/22/13 1:38 PM
Lymond
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Elastic Assassin - at the comic book store yesterday pickiing up my books...two geeks are having a REAL discussion about the merits of moon knight as a character being able to carry his own series......

then it hit me.....

i hate geeks....i hate my own kind....

LOL, this hits close to home, because it is how I feel about my profession. Fucking hate the lot of them, including myself.

But, dude, Moonknight cannot carry his own book. Kway and BigW are totally correct.
3/22/13 1:45 PM
The Elastic Assassin

i agree about moon knight...but its a discussion that is, imo, best had in teh privacy of your mom's basement or on teh internet....
3/22/13 3:25 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUNNY THOUGH I LOVE MOON KNIGHT.......EVERYONE I KNOW LOVES MOON KNIGHT.....AND YET DUDE CAN'T HOLD A SERIES FOR THE LIFE OF HIM.............
3/22/13 3:27 PM
Stickgrappler
1577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i sometimes feel that way when i go to midtown comics, arguably one of the biggest online comics shops... i literally work right across the street.

sometimes i pop in (cos if i go in i will be tempted to buy a lot and i cannot/shouldn't spend money on comics and related stuff) just to see the new books and tpb's. and the clerks would get real in-depth geeky on something and you realize sometimes it's cool to be a geek, but sometimes it's not.

i think if you are a geek (my definition is you are cool and not a nerd who is book smart and has no personality, and you are geeky about specific subjects/interests) amongst geeks who are not into your interest - it's cool cos you will be the go-to guy for that speciffic area.

but then again, it's cool to get together with other geeks to discuss some same subject. i know i come here mainly for the rob liefeld art love. i can't get that at work.
3/22/13 5:18 PM
Zenoplata
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moonknight is stupid. He's like a weak version of Sentry or a crazier Batman that wears white (boring.)

3/22/13 7:23 PM
BigWilliam
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was in a comic shop. How could any subject be in a more appropriate place? It's not like they were in a bar.
3/22/13 11:13 PM
NCar
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On a side note, in the Moon Knight series after the death of Marc Spector, the series was fantastic up until Shadowlands. Bendis' recent series was blah.
3/23/13 9:25 PM
MarkRobinson
1284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those guys just alpha geeked all up on you.

You should have just shut them down by popping in and spitting venom.

Seriously though, I haven't been in a comic store for like 4 years but I agree some of these comic fans are too damn nerdy. Not geeks IMO.

They're on some real life big bang theory personas without being particularly intelligent. The Simpsons comic book store guy. Phone Post
3/24/13 1:00 AM
Kneeblock
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I must say I hate geek culture myself. I just like reading comics. No one ever gave me a wedgie and cosplayers make me ill. If I want to be around a bunch of insular weirdos, I'll go to NAGA. The geek world and I have always had an uneasy relationship. Phone Post
3/25/13 9:21 AM
Stickgrappler
1577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock -  I must say I hate geek culture myself. I just like reading comics. No one ever gave me a wedgie and cosplayers make me ill. If I want to be around a bunch of insular weirdos, I'll go to NAGA. The geek world and I have always had an uneasy relationship. Phone Post

Knee - if you say so, right...

GG - knee is a geek! he was geeking all night during dinner, when he, jkd_guy, and i met for dinner... we all know i don't have much time to read, so i'm way behind... we all know i have a bad memory, so it was jkd_guy and Knee doing the Lionel Richie, ALL NIGHT LONG, geeking this and that!!

*Runs and hides from Knee's flying armbar*
3/25/13 10:35 AM
The Elastic Assassin

don't even get me started on bjj geeks....
3/25/13 10:38 AM
BigWilliam

Get in my guard bro!
3/25/13 11:03 AM
paw
1429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Elastic Assassin - don't even get me started on bjj geeks....

*looks confused in his super custom shoyoroll gi (limited godzilla color run with dry-fit stitching) with a ton of patches*

BJJ Geeks?  I don't understand.....

*goes back to drilling berimbolo from spider guard (variation 2)*

;)

3/25/13 11:14 AM
Kneeblock
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw -
The Elastic Assassin - don't even get me started on bjj geeks....

*looks confused in his super custom shoyoroll gi (limited godzilla color run with dry-fit stitching) with a ton of patches*

BJJ Geeks?  I don't understand.....

*goes back to drilling berimbolo from spider guard (variation 2)*

;)

Lol BJJ and geekery is a marriage made in heaven. Natural havens for borderline aspies. Phone Post
3/25/13 11:15 AM
Kneeblock

Stickgrappler -
Kneeblock -  I must say I hate geek culture myself. I just like reading comics. No one ever gave me a wedgie and cosplayers make me ill. If I want to be around a bunch of insular weirdos, I'll go to NAGA. The geek world and I have always had an uneasy relationship. Phone Post

Knee - if you say so, right...

GG - knee is a geek! he was geeking all night during dinner, when he, jkd_guy, and i met for dinner... we all know i don't have much time to read, so i'm way behind... we all know i have a bad memory, so it was jkd_guy and Knee doing the Lionel Richie, ALL NIGHT LONG, geeking this and that!!

*Runs and hides from Knee's flying armbar*
Lol only over a romantic candlelight dinner at Ruby's does the geek in me get frisky. Phone Post
3/25/13 11:53 AM
Stickgrappler

lol -- Knee's a good guy as well as jkd_guy

we actually talked some comics but it was more MA/BJJ, oldschool UG, tv and movies.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.