3/22/13 2:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nuetraman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:( Phone Post
3/22/13 2:07 PM
mixedmartialfarts
793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most people are happy when they don't have great suffering in their lives.

3/22/13 2:08 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'll tell you what I miss

3/22/13 2:08 PM
sparkuri
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those were two of the best shows in mma history, strangled by Zuffa inc. into non existence.
I wish WSOF was in a ring. Phone Post
3/22/13 2:10 PM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Affliction was alright, but I agree with subbedzero. If I am going to pine away for the good old days, I'll be thinking of Pride and WEC, not some two-and-done promotion.
3/22/13 2:14 PM
Pure
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I appreciated them putting on those cards so much I actually bought some of their product.

Obviously I used them as gifts for family members who I'm not particularly fond of, but the point is I supported them with 2 PPV buys and then some.

3/22/13 2:16 PM
Since93

The live music was incredibly lame. Other than that good stuff. Phone Post
3/22/13 2:18 PM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri -  Those were two of the best shows in mma history, strangled by Zuffa inc. into non existence.

I don't remember them being that great.

The Fedor fights were awesome, and they had some big names on cards, but I don't remember the non-Fedor fights being all that great.

Banned in particular was pretty bad in terms of the fights themselves. Lindland-Negao and Sobral-Whitehead were pretty awful fights, Barnett-Rizzo was a gross mismatch that was somewhat salvaged by a nice KO, and Arlovski-Nelson was a competitive scrap that was marred by horrific reffing. Fedor put on a show, but the rest was 'meh'.
3/22/13 2:58 PM
sparkuri
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 -
sparkuri -  Those were two of the best shows in mma history, strangled by Zuffa inc. into non existence.

The Fedor fights were awesome, and they had some big names on cards, but I don't remember the non-Fedor fights being all that great.

Banned in particular was pretty bad in terms of the fights themselves. Lindland-Negao and Sobral-Whitehead were pretty awful fights, Barnett-Rizzo was a gross mismatch that was somewhat salvaged by a nice KO, and Arlovski-Nelson was a competitive scrap that was marred by horrific reffing. Fedor put on a show, but the rest was 'meh'.
Barnett-Rizzo was the best full mount beat down from the bottom, in history.
But Barnett stayed with it, And took it.
On papers there was no way this was a mismatch. They were both equally as dangerous in their own zone. And Yvel has always been dangerous to anyone.
If Yvel had ko'd Barnett, Which was very possible, the word mismatch wouldn't have been mentioned.
If it were Pancrase rules, then you could call it a mismatch no problem.
Marin/Belfort just might have been the turning point in his career, and was a Tyson'esque ko, thanks to Handy. Phone Post
3/22/13 3:00 PM
Card
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/22/13 3:01 PM
Pure
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 

Arlovski/Nelson was in Elite XC..

3/22/13 3:11 PM
caposa
1848 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only real notable highlights of both Affliction events were Fedor's fights, the Vitor-Lindland KO, I guess Barnett-Rizzo (which was indeed a mismatch), Arlovski beating down Ben Rothwell. What else am I missing, Babalu choking out Sokoudjou? I'm not saying they weren't good shows but they also weren't exactly memorable.

3/23/13 1:06 PM
Nuetraman

Affliction was closer to PRIDE in North America.. the spectacle, the Fedor aura and quality of the card Phone Post
3/23/13 1:14 PM
BRZ

I miss WEC most.

3/24/13 8:40 PM
Nuetraman

CLINTK9 - I lopved Affliction. They had a couple GREAT Shows! Fedor, Great cards, Megadeath, awesome posters. Wish they could have stuck with it.

But in order, I miss:

PrideFC
Strikeforce
EliteXC
WEC
Affliction
Agree! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.