UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belcher: Bisping couldnt KO me if I let him hit me

3/22/13 3:43 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"This fight is just like, you know, the biggest fight of my life," Belcher admitted during a pre-fight interview with UFC.com. "We both have a lot on the line for this one, we're both getting close to a title shot, so a loss could be detrimental..."

There is certainly a great deal riding on the outcome of the match, and Belcher plans on making the most of the opportunity. He sees himself cashing in because of his perceived overall skill advantage as well as his power.

I think that my skill-set and all the different weapons I have, along with my power, is going to be the difference in the fight. I have no doubt in my mind that Bisping could not knock me out with his best punch if I let him. There's no way that I am going to get hurt in this fight and that I'm going to go down.

Though Bisping isn't exactly known for his punching power, he may object to the assumption that Belcher is the much harder hitter, given that he owns 14 knockouts over 28 career fights to Belcher's nine over 25 bouts.

read entire article...

3/22/13 3:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is just good matchmaking, plain and simple.
3/22/13 3:56 PM
idsmashit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Day sure hurt him.
3/22/13 3:58 PM
man meets fate

If Jason day could make belcher quit, anything is possible.
3/22/13 4:01 PM
StrikeforceSupporter

Bellator Heavyweight Tourney:

Josh Barnett vs Lew Polley

Sergei Kharitonov vs Levan Razmadze

Ante Delija vs Vitaly Minakov

Kenny Garner vs Satoshii Ishii

How sick would this tourney be? Spread the word, lets make it happen!
3/22/13 4:11 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 03/22/13 4:12 PM

The writer Craig Amos should be ashamed for lying in his article. Bisping does not have 14 KOs. He has ONE KO against a 1-2 cabbie by the name of Andy Bridges. The only other KOs that show up on his record are of the receiving kind.

If he's not lying, but just doesn't/didn't know the difference between a TKO and KO, then he's not competent enough in the sport to be writing for a major publication. Either way.....whether he's a liar or incompetent, he's a hack and should be fired IMO.

3/22/13 4:18 PM
TuLegit

Bisping by UD Phone Post
3/22/13 4:36 PM
ausgepicht

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
ausgepicht -

The writer Craig Amos should be ashamed for lying in his article. Bisping does not have 14 KOs. He has ONE KO against a 1-2 cabbie by the name of Andy Bridges. The only other KOs that show up on his record are of the receiving kind.

If he's not lying, but just doesn't/didn't know the difference between a TKO and KO, then he's not competent enough in the sport to be writing for a major publication. Either way.....whether he's a liar or incompetent, he's a hack and should be fired IMO.

He has 15 KO/TKO Phone Post

He has 14 TKOs/1KO. You wrote 15 KOs. I hope you get fired.

3/22/13 4:44 PM
ausgepicht

JuicedBeast - 
StrikeforceSupporter - Bellator Heavyweight Tourney:

Josh Barnett vs Lew Polley

Sergei Kharitonov vs Levan Razmadze

Ante Delija vs Vitaly Minakov

Kenny Garner vs Satoshii Ishii

How sick would this tourney be? Spread the word, lets make it happen!
What the hell does this have to do with op? Phone Post

Site bug. I've seen a few threads the past few weeks with this.

3/22/13 4:47 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see Aus has made his way to another thread of a british fighter. I'm sure he will be heading to the Dan Hardy one next if he hasn't already
3/22/13 4:49 PM
StrikeforceSupporter

man meets fate - If Jason day could make belcher quit, anything is possible.

Alverson silva got tapped by fighters who were not blackbelts in BJJ. So, does that mean that chris weidman has a HIGH chance at submitting Silva? Actually, I think he does, even though this post was to point out your belcher-bashing.
3/22/13 4:52 PM
3rdLion
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's finished 15 fighters by strikes, it's a pretty stupid attitude to have seeing as Bisping is the better technical striker.

Bisping stated he's bringing his aggression and carelessness from his early fights to this one, should be a good scrap. Phone Post
3/22/13 4:55 PM
Sourire
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a fan of the smack talk.   I know it's gotten Chael Sonnen to record heights of fame and $, but I guess I'm in the minority of fans who appreciate the more humble guys. 

3/22/13 5:00 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 03/22/13 5:13 PM
Pancake Syrup - I see Aus has made his way to another thread of a british fighter. I'm sure he will be heading to the Dan Hardy one next if he hasn't already

Running for forum sherrif? I can post on EVERY thread with a British fighter and there is NOTHING you can do about it, so get used to disappointment. I had no idea posting was against forum rules.

Did I say anything bad about Bisping? No. Did I say anything bad about Hardy? No. Did I say anything bad about  British fighters? No. Then what are you actually complaining about? On your period? I wouldn't do that because I am a huge fan of Pickett, Hathaway, Etim, Pearson, McGuire and all the other British fighters. They are fun to watch and bring it. I don't like Bisping or Hardy and have an opinion that is different than yours so vacuum the sand out of your weepy vagina.

Oh, and have a nice day!

*smooches*

3/22/13 5:12 PM
Doc T
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping will tko him Phone Post
3/22/13 5:44 PM
Hazard 76
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, this is the 2nd thread I've been in today, where ausgepicht is just acting a complete pompous prick!!

I remember seeing him post a while ago.....also being a prick, but thought he'd been banned or something.

Just keep voting the fuckin idiot down people.........he'll soon be frozen.
3/22/13 5:54 PM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like both of these guys, but i would really like to see belcher turn the corner in his career and become a legit contender finally.
3/22/13 5:55 PM
JerodR
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is just not the kind of statement you make. It would really suck to get knocked out after saying something like that.
3/22/13 6:30 PM
Jesus Quintana

Bisping is going to put Belcher in the hospital.
3/22/13 6:44 PM
Harold_Howard
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus Quintana - Bisping is going to put Belcher in the hospital.
Bisping couldn't put a blind 7 year old in a hospital Phone Post
3/22/13 7:36 PM
Jesus Quintana

Harold_Howard - 
Jesus Quintana - Bisping is going to put Belcher in the hospital.
Bisping couldn't put a blind 7 year old in a hospital Phone Post

you'd recoil in terror if you bumped into Bisping in a dark alley.

"please take my woman just don't hurt me!!!!!!!" - you
3/22/13 10:52 PM
zebers3
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neither fighter is remotely close to a title shot imo. Belcher can never get past Okami, and Bisping (1-2 in past 3) can never get past anyone that matters. Neither will ever get to touch Andy.
3/23/13 12:23 AM
Carl Sonnen

I am really hoping Belcher puts a beatdown on Bisping. As much as Bisping has been growing on me with his schtick, he is due for an attitude check at the hands of Belcher. WAR BELCHER.
3/23/13 12:28 AM
ramaham

AbbottMary - I like both of these guys, but i would really like to see belcher turn the corner in his career and become a legit contender finally.
Represent Arkansas! Phone Post
3/23/13 12:32 AM
epic hero

JerodR - That is just not the kind of statement you make. It would really suck to get knocked out after saying something like that.

haha agreed

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.