UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marcus Davis to petition AC to change NC to Win

3/22/13 5:38 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On May 25, 1965, Muhammad Ali fought Sonny Liston in Lewiston, Maine. In the first round, Liston fell to the ground, from the effects of a punch that few saw land. Ali stood over Liston yelling "Get up and fight, sucker!" After 20 seconds, Liston rose to continue fighting. The referee, former world champion Jersey Joe Walcott initially allowed the fight to continue, but then declared a KO, although Ali had not gone towards a neutral corner, necessary for a 10-count to be initiated.

The controvery has been ever lasting. The image is too.

On Thursday night at Bellator 93 in Lewiston, ME, Marcus Davis fought Waachiim Spiritwolf, and again there was controversy about what landed where.

Davis landed a knee to, well, that is in dispute.

Spiritwolf was given five minutes to recover, and when he was unable to, an NC was declared, as he knee had been accidental.

Now Davis is protesting to the Combative Sports Authority of Maine.

Via Facebook.

Irish Hand Grenade
After being able to watch video and get pictures of the knee. After getting to talk to the doctor I am petitioning the Maine MMA Commission asking for them to review my findings and the medical physicians report to over turn it from a no contest to a win due to he couldn't/refused to continue after a LEGAL shot. That a knee blow to the lower abdominal area that induces some sort of panic attack is not a NC.

Irish Hand Grenade
Let me know what you think. Even better maybe let the press and Maine MMA commission know what you think.
Please give me your input.
LEGAL?
ILLEGAL?
Let me explain the actual unified rule definition of a illegal knee-- there is NO rule about placement of a low knee-- knees to hips and thighs are legal the ONLY thing it says-- this is copied and pasted from the site-
    *Groin attacks of any kind

What do you think UG? Knee to the groin, or legal kick that caused a panic attack?

3/22/13 5:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cripplersc
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looked more at the belt line but its hard to tell from that angle Phone Post
3/22/13 5:42 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it could have hit the groin, but I don't think Spiritwolf's reaction was genuine, just my opinion. Phone Post
3/22/13 5:45 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

My gaaawwwwd this Marcus David. Phone Post
3/22/13 5:49 PM
Tankhead
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Based off the gif, it looks like a low blow.

Just my 2c Phone Post
3/22/13 5:51 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like it grazed the cup and went up into his gut. Normally a grazed cup doesn't cause much damage, but in the position Spiritwolf was in who knows how well his cup was in place at that time. If it was a bit out of position grazing the cup could cause the edge of it to smash into a nut. A doctor could check if there is any bruising/swelling on Spiritwolf's nuts, but even if there isn't any there is nothing saying how bad a groin shot must be to not be able to continue.

I don't think this will be successful for Davis.

3/22/13 5:57 PM
KZTT_W85
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tankhead - Based off the gif, it looks like a low blow.

Just my 2c Phone Post
^ Phone Post
3/22/13 6:00 PM
Knuckle Punch
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tankhead - Based off the gif, it looks like a low blow.

Just my 2c Phone Post
Yup Phone Post
3/22/13 6:05 PM
fozthebear

If having a decision reversed is what you're after, you better have much cleaner footage than this. There must be clear/non debatable evidence that the blow landed clean. If I had to take one side or the other based on these images, that's not nearly good enough to convince me the descion should be changed. Just my opinion guys! Phone Post
3/22/13 6:10 PM
epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chareth Cutestory - That GIF looks doctored. In this GIF it is a clean groin shot:

http://i.minus.com/iTDbpACMyjYhE.gif

Yeah, the GIF in the first post is sneaky, seemingly editing out a section.  

Here's the real GIF:

3/22/13 6:12 PM
Chris
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

looks to me like the knee strikes the cup and then slides up to lower abdomen.

3/22/13 6:14 PM
DanTheWolfman

illegal to me, it skipped up in the gif. IT will stay a NC.

Now, what I would have loved to see, is Michael Page when he said ready to fight in 5 min, if Marcus petitioned for that. I see no reason why they should be allowed to have fought if they both wanted to, neither took any head blows, and neither had fought for 10 min (25 min of fighting allowed in one night in most states I do believe)
3/22/13 6:18 PM
Arzn1ck
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see how it's not a knee to the nuts? Phone Post
3/22/13 6:19 PM
IgiveRimJobs4VoteUps
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_EnderTL - 

Looks like it grazed the cup and went up into his gut. Normally a grazed cup doesn't cause much damage, but in the position Spiritwolf was in who knows how well his cup was in place at that time. If it was a bit out of position grazing the cup could cause the edge of it to smash into a nut. A doctor could check if there is any bruising/swelling on Spiritwolf's nuts, but even if there isn't any there is nothing saying how bad a groin shot must be to not be able to continue.

I think you are spot on about the cup being grazed and going into his lower gut.  I do not think the reason he was unable to continue is due to an attack to the groin though.  I think that the cup pushing into his lower abdomen is what hurt him.  It is a soft area that was probably hit with the cup, which is of a hard material and that would ruin anyones day with the force of a knee behind it.

Only speculating about this, either way, will only serve as mental masturbation.  Can't wait to hear what the doctor that examined him officially says.

3/22/13 6:20 PM
Willin
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too close to overrule. His nuts may have been topsy turvy in his cup when the top of it got smashed... Phone Post
3/22/13 6:21 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris -

looks to me like the knee strikes the cup and then slides up to lower abdomen.

Exactly. Low blow 100% Phone Post
3/22/13 6:22 PM
Donald Rice Cerrone

definetely a low blow...plus why the hell would a professional mma fighter just quite like that...Sorry Marcus you weren't puttin an ass whoopin down like that son
3/22/13 6:25 PM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donald Rice Cerrone - definetely a low blow...plus why the hell would a professional mma fighter just quite like that...Sorry Marcus you weren't puttin an ass whoopin down like that son
This. Fight had barely started. Phone Post
3/22/13 6:33 PM
ChaosOverkill
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks low to me. This is not Koscheck we're talking about either, this is SpiritFACKINwolf

3/22/13 6:38 PM
BigBopper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've lost a great deal of respect for Marcus Davis because of this.
3/22/13 6:41 PM
Snayke13
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_EnderTL -

Agreed with this. Phone Post
3/22/13 6:43 PM
DamnSevern
1191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigBopper - I've lost a great deal of respect for Marcus Davis because of this.

3/22/13 6:46 PM
BET MMA

Spiritwolf ain't a bitch. 1 TKO on Spiritwolf record. That knee was low and to the nuts.
3/22/13 6:48 PM
clattymine
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ACs have not reversed things that have been more clear. No way this gets turned over. Phone Post
3/22/13 6:49 PM
jmb73
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus I almost didn't click because I knew not who Marcus David was... Also.. Too close to call. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.