UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Did Mark Munoz quit his Master's Degree?

3/22/13 11:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wen Sayne Khamrock
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember Mark Munoz speak of trying to finish his Master's Degree over a year ago, but never found any info of him completing it. A lot of fighters who are pursuing university degrees (undergraduate or graduate), like Frank Mir, talk a lot about the value of education, but never COMPLETE THEIR UNIVERSITY DEGREE.

So, does anyone know if Mark Munoz completed his Master's Degree or did he give up on it?
3/23/13 12:16 AM
ABE FROMAN

Why? Are you hiring?

3/23/13 12:23 AM
Wen Sayne Khamrock

chupacabra208 -  I heard he graduated from WFAU Phone Post

So,

are you referring to him graduating with a Bachelor's or Master's degree from that University? I remember Mark saying he was working hard to complete his Master's thesis, but I'm curious if he actually followed through and completed his Master's Degree.
3/23/13 12:29 AM
Santino DeFranco
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What was he getting his degree in?
3/23/13 12:45 AM
SgtJustinTeplitz
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt
3/23/13 12:52 AM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he started trying to get it a year ago he probably still has a decent ways to go since they generally take 2 years and he probably doesn't have time to be a full time student Phone Post
3/23/13 12:53 AM
Kings21
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every now and then I read about some 80 year old that got their degree. I'm sure Mark has some time to put it off. I cant imagine him being able to train like he needs to while doing school as well.
3/23/13 12:57 AM
Wen Sayne Khamrock

Condit's Face Broke My Hand -  If he started trying to get it a year ago he probably still has a decent ways to go since they generally take 2 years and he probably doesn't have time to be a full time student Phone Post

No,

he started his Master's Degree over a year ago and he was commenting like he was near the end of his Master's Degree. However, the impression that I got was he was struggling in the final phase of actually completely his Masters Degree. So, that is why I ask: Did Mark Munoz quit his Master's Degree or did he actually finish what he started and accomplish his M.S. degree?
3/23/13 1:28 AM
YVES JOCKSTRAP
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread. Is Carlos Newton a doctor yet? Phone Post
3/23/13 2:15 AM
elperro
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Phillipe Nover still a nurse? Phone Post
3/23/13 5:57 AM
Wen Sayne Khamrock

elperro -  Is Phillipe Nover still a nurse? Phone Post

At least Philipe Nover finished his Nursing school, but a lot of these other "fighters" who praise education so highly in front of a video camera either drop-out or never complete their degrees.

Naturally, after watching that episode of Mark Munoz praising his hard work towards completing his Master's Degree over a year ago, I became curious. Did he ever finish and if not how far is he into his degree?
3/23/13 6:02 AM
hockey fighter
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He got his WFA. Phone Post
3/23/13 6:09 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wen Sayne Khamrock - I remember Mark Munoz speak of trying to finish his Master's Degree over a year ago, but never found any info of him completing it. A lot of fighters who are pursuing university degrees (undergraduate or graduate), like Frank Mir, talk a lot about the value of education, but never COMPLETE THEIR UNIVERSITY DEGREE.

So, does anyone know if Mark Munoz completed his Master's Degree or did he give up on it?
I appreciate the sentiment. But apart from the interest should we really judge. Training and living as a professional fighter is pretty gruesome. Finishing a degree at the same time would be ambitious to say the least. I can understand why some of these dudes drop out. It more admirable if they finish but you can still praise eductation in general if you do not make it yourself. Phone Post
3/23/13 7:57 AM
Wen Sayne Khamrock

fightharder,

I'm not judging, I'm merely asking a question. There are people who went through med school and still played in bands. IT IS do-able to fight and get a degree, it's just a matter of will power.
3/23/13 8:03 AM
UGCTT_Benwahwah
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To go for a Masters degree don't you already need a degree? I'm pretty sure that's how it works in the UK at least. Phone Post
3/23/13 8:40 AM
armbarring
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well If I was in the middle of making some serious money fighting I would probably put it off also. Its not like he cant go back to school.
3/23/13 10:14 AM
mdavid01
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe these fighters who know how hard it is to make it to the top want to encourage young folks to stay in school and get an education...or they just get caught up in life but still desire the education. I don't see anything wrong with either route.
3/23/13 10:20 AM
Jason
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
Wen Sayne Khamrock - fightharder,

I'm not judging, I'm merely asking a question. There are people who went through med school and still played in bands. IT IS do-able to fight and get a degree, it's just a matter of will power.
I can only say I from one fighter I know , who plays massive amount of video games, so pretty sure he could make time for education if he wanted to.

Not that he has ever said anything stupid it but, just an example. Being too busy to do something is usually and excuse or not wanting to prioritize what you do .

I got my masters while working a full Time job, a part time job, and having a wife and two young kids. Am I a fighter , no. But I guarantee most UFC level fighters have a lot more available free time then I do. Especially ones that are single, or don't have kids yet . Phone Post
3/23/13 10:51 AM
MMOZ

ssj - I don't like OP's psuedo passive aggressive douchebaggery

Ask Munoz yourself instead of trying to imply some sort of bullshit shit stirring, brah
Get a load of this guy. Phone Post
3/23/13 10:59 AM
MMOZ

ssj - 370+ posts in 20 or so days?

LOL.
Post counts are serious business. Phone Post
3/23/13 7:18 PM
Wen Sayne Khamrock

I would ask Mark, but I don't have any of his contact info. I thought Mark Munoz has posted here in the past, hasn't he?
4/2/13 3:46 PM
Wen Sayne Khamrock

Mark Munoz's myspace page shows he started his Master's degree in 2006, but shows NO GRADUATION DATE. WTF? He's worked on a master's degree for OVER SIX YEARS and not completed it yet?

What is his excuse for procrastinating a 2 year degree to take MORE THAN 6 YEARS to FINISH?

Source: http://www.myspace.com/mk_munoz
4/2/13 4:53 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
328 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP never finished his degree either. Phone Post
4/2/13 10:11 PM
Wen Sayne Khamrock

1. GSP never finished his undergraduate or GRADUATE degree?

2. Hmmm, GSP doesn't finish college degrees nor his opponents...coincidence?
4/2/13 10:25 PM
The Diet Butcher
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Thompson finished law school while competing all over the place. Good on him!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.