UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kampmann on Diaz: I'd love to beat his ass

3/23/13 12:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd probably lean towards Diaz (although clearly I'd be rooting for Rory), but I don't necessarily think Rory would have to point fight to win. He has a pretty good kicking game, and they certainly aren't 'lil baby leg kicks' lol. One thing I will say though, I bet that if they ever fight... Rory forces Nick to shoot for a takedown at some point.

My problem is that almost all of my favourite fighters are welterweights.
3/23/13 12:58 AM
jju
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To those saying Kampman, how do you see him winning this fight? I am a fan of Kampman and Diaz both, butI think Diaz wins. Like others said, he would put him against the cage and work him there. Too high of a punching volume as well. I also don't see Kampman winning on the ground. I would like to see the fight though. Two gus who are highly skilled and fight to finish their opponent.
3/23/13 1:08 AM
caposa
1764 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to see this Phone Post
3/23/13 1:11 AM
NICK DIAZ HAS NO PLACE IN THE UFC
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BzGrappla - Would be a win for Diaz. Kampman might clip him early like Daley did to diaz.. but DIAZ would wear him down.. out cardio him.. and drop him

Win for Diaz

yep

3/23/13 1:11 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Martin definitely has the skills to put a beating on Nick, he just doesn't have the fight IQ to win.
3/23/13 1:12 AM
WRESTLENOW
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea whatever you do dont give diaz any more wrestlers.

most overhyped fighter out there, guys like fitch, rick story would end his hype easily.
3/23/13 1:24 AM
RileyPust

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
RileyPust - Martin definitely has the skills to put a beating on Nick, he just doesn't have the fight IQ to win.
Yea because Nick "I don't pay taxes, I don't wanna do this anymore, nobody helps me, gsp spied on me, something shady, I didnt do anything for five rounds" Diaz has such a great fight iq... Phone Post

The fact that he's drawn so many fighters into his game would suggest that he does. The fact that his fight IQ isn't at the same level of one of the most cerebral fighters in the sport doesn't change that.
3/23/13 1:36 AM
kinson

Anytime a diaz gets their ass kicked im all for Phone Post
3/23/13 1:49 AM
Kluch
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish they make this fight. The best match-up for Nick to turn back into the game.
3/23/13 1:49 AM
RileyPust

RileyPust -
RileyPust - Martin definitely has the skills to put a beating on Nick, he just doesn't have the fight IQ to win.
Yea because Nick "I don't pay taxes, I don't wanna do this anymore, nobody helps me, gsp spied on me, something shady, I didnt do anything for five rounds" Diaz has such a great fight iq... Phone Post

The fact that he's drawn so many fighters into his game would suggest that he does. The fact that his fight IQ isn't at the same level of one of the most cerebral fighters in the sport doesn't change that.
Look who hes been fighting lol Phone Post

Fair enough. That was silly of me to say, actually.

But my original point wasn't really how good Nick's fight IQ is, it's how bad Martin's is. If Kampmann fought intelligently, he'd probably tear up the welterweight division. But if past performances are any indication, Nick will draw Martin into his game and finish him.
3/23/13 2:03 AM
ChaosOverkill
627 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it would be a close fight hard to pick...

I mean... MY GUY WINS ALWAYS EVERYWHERE AND FOREVER EASY!

3/23/13 2:07 AM
RileyPust

RileyPust -
RileyPust -

Look who hes been fighting lol Phone Post

Fair enough. That was silly of me to say, actually.

But my original point wasn't really how good Nick's fight IQ is, it's how bad Martin's is. If Kampmann fought intelligently, he'd probably tear up the welterweight division. But if past performances are any indication, Nick will draw Martin into his game and finish him.
You got a good point. Martin hasn't been fighting very well lately. I still think he has a good chance of slugging it out with Diaz. It'd be a good fight if you ask me.

Buuut can't even think about Diaz fighting because he threatens to quit every fight now. It's kind of pathetic. Phone Post

I love Martin, and I'd be rooting for him. And I think he'd make it a great fight for sure. I just feel like Nick gets the finish in the end, but I would be ecstatic if I'm wrong. Martin likes to slug it out, but he doesn't have to. He's got great technical striking. You never know, it isn't like he doesn't know what he's up against in Nick.
3/23/13 2:34 AM
jay_diaz

Lol diaz would kill kampman. Like the other guy said, nobody can beat diaz unless they lay on him or run Phone Post
3/23/13 2:45 AM
RileyPust

jay_diaz -  Lol diaz would kill kampman. Like the other guy said, nobody can beat diaz unless they lay on him or run Phone Post

Anderson could.
3/23/13 3:32 AM
UGSlapshot

RileyPust -
jay_diaz -  Lol diaz would kill kampman. Like the other guy said, nobody can beat diaz unless they lay on him or run Phone Post

Anderson could.
LoL, so what? Silva is a larger dude, has just as much length and is generally though of as the best fighter to ever step in the cage.

He's also on another level because of his power. Explain to me how that correlates with any other fighter Nick Diaz is going to fight?

I'm sure Nick can be ko'd cold but I would be surprised if Martin could pull it off before he got hurt himself.

This would be a fight Nick should win. Phone Post
3/23/13 3:49 AM
joshirvine718

IN! for gif war
3/23/13 3:56 AM
RileyPust

UGSlapshot - 
RileyPust -

Anderson could.
LoL, so what? Silva is a larger dude, has just as much length and is generally though of as the best fighter to ever step in the cage.

He's also on another level because of his power. Explain to me how that correlates with any other fighter Nick Diaz is going to fight?

I'm sure Nick can be ko'd cold but I would be surprised if Martin could pull it off before he got hurt himself.

This would be a fight Nick should win. Phone Post

He said nobody could beat Nick without laying on him or running away. I provided the name of a fighter that Nick recently said he wanted to fight as an example to the contrary. Why would I need to 'explain how that correlates with any other fighter Nick Diaz is going to fight'? I never said that it did.

He said 'nobody' so I provided him with a somebody. You have some sort of issue with that, fella?
3/23/13 4:48 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
839 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sid22 - I like Kampmann but Diaz would TKO him and not take much damage either...Easy fight for Nick...anyone who stands with Diaz is gonna lose
Another delusional Diaz fan....Nick isn't exactly a master of defense that's hard to hit if you seen his fights. Kampmann has fought and beaten way hard hitters than Nick. Lol @ easy win. Phone Post
3/23/13 5:00 AM
RileyPust

I'm pretty sure 'fact' is the most misunderstood word on the UG.
3/23/13 5:07 AM
fasthandssam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

I think Diaz might be a bad matchup for Martin. Martin tends to get caught with punches a lot and Nick tends to find his opponent with his punches a hundred times per round.

I agree. The key to beating Diaz is to be "unhittable"... whether that means staying out of range and constantly moving away or taking him down and keeping him there. Kampann has never looked particularly "unhittable"... quite the contrary, as you pointed out.

Diaz looks like the kind of guy you want to trade shots with. He looks like he'd be slower than you and hit with much less power. He looks like a wide open target for a talented striker. And yet, every single "hitter" who is baited into trading shots with him loses.

Kampmann would go out in his shield, that much we can be certain of. But he would go out.
3/23/13 5:15 AM
epic hero

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
Sid22 - I like Kampmann but Diaz would TKO him and not take much damage either...Easy fight for Nick...anyone who stands with Diaz is gonna lose
Another delusional Diaz fan....Nick isn't exactly a master of defense that's hard to hit if you seen his fights. Kampmann has fought and beaten way hard hitters than Nick. Lol @ easy win. Phone Post

Like I said, what will Kampmann do when he's backing straight into the cage while Diaz is throwing 30 punches at him, put the personal feelings aside
3/23/13 5:16 AM
edock02
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know what.. lets see Diaz as the gate-keeper for the top 5 in the WW division... anyone gets past Nick ATLEAST has stamina and will to win..
Give Kampmann this fight.. it will let us know where Nick stands in the Ufc
3/23/13 5:27 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
839 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 

Like I said, what will Kampmann do when he's backing straight into the cage while Diaz is throwing 30 punches at him, put the personal feelings aside
Pretty obvious what Kampmann will do. Circle away and use his kicks and counters or take him down. Diaz's game isn't that hard to figure out. Phone Post
3/23/13 6:04 AM
anti_hate101
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Master Shredder - Would be a good fight but Diaz only wants super fights and weed

lol
3/23/13 6:31 AM
lockon
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Out of the current crop of top welterweights, I feel as though Kampmann would be one of the few matchups where I'd be 100% confident in Nick. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.