UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kampmann on Diaz: I'd love to beat his ass

3/23/13 2:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -
Jaybrone -

One thing about Nick is he takes a lot of shots just like Kampmann. My guess is its a war that doesn't go 3 rounds. Daley dropped Diaz then Martin can drop him really hard fight to pick.

Dude you're completely insane. I know I'm a Diaz fanboy, but your Diaz hate is ridiculous. Anyone that doesn't see Diaz having a clear advantage in this fight is delusional. Fuck outta here with that "hard fight to pick" shit Phone Post
Says Number 1 Nick Diaz Fan lol Phone Post
Says the guy that thinks Hendricks is gonna beat GSP Phone Post
If you pay attention, Hendricks is recognized as a legitimate threat to GSP unlike Diaz who only the delusional nuthuggers thought was actually going to beat him. Phone Post
3/23/13 2:53 PM
Jsteven
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perfect matchup Phone Post
3/23/13 2:59 PM
Chaz Johnson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pidgey - I got Diaz, nobody can beat him unless they hold him down or run away, and Kampmann isnt doing either.
This is actually true. His last two fights are boring because of his opponents don't attack. Put these guys in a 6x6 area and see who goes down first. Phone Post
3/23/13 5:49 PM
Kneeblock
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fight.

3/23/13 5:56 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 

I realize this fight was at 185, but what do you really think will happen once Diaz starts letting his hands go?

I don't think Nick has the ability to hurt Kampmann with one shot and then swarm.  Kampmann is susceptible to guys with one shot power, but typically does pretty well against volume strikers (Story, Sanchez, Condit etc)

FWIW, I still think Nick would win.  It would be an excellent, competitive fight though.

3/23/13 6:26 PM
epic hero

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
epic hero -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
Sid22 - I like Kampmann but Diaz would TKO him and not take much damage either...Easy fight for Nick...anyone who stands with Diaz is gonna lose
Another delusional Diaz fan....Nick isn't exactly a master of defense that's hard to hit if you seen his fights. Kampmann has fought and beaten way hard hitters than Nick. Lol @ easy win. Phone Post

Like I said, what will Kampmann do when he's backing straight into the cage while Diaz is throwing 30 punches at him, put the personal feelings aside
Pretty obvious what Kampmann will do. Circle away and use his kicks and counters or take him down. Diaz's game isn't that hard to figure out. Phone Post

Do you know who Martin Kampmann is?
3/23/13 7:18 PM
Buckle

Diaz would light kampmann up..... I think relatively easy fight for him. He will stand and trade and just get destroyed IMO..... Would be good to see though Phone Post
3/23/13 7:22 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 

I realize this fight was at 185, but what do you really think will happen once Diaz starts letting his hands go?

I don't think Nick has the ability to hurt Kampmann with one shot and then swarm.  Kampmann is susceptible to guys with one shot power, but typically does pretty well against volume strikers (Story, Sanchez, Condit etc)

FWIW, I still think Nick would win.  It would be an excellent, competitive fight though.

That's actually a great point, I hadn't thought about that. I agree with everything you just said.
3/23/13 9:49 PM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaz Johnson - 
pidgey - I got Diaz, nobody can beat him unless they hold him down or run away, and Kampmann isnt doing either.
This is actually true. His last two fights are boring because of his opponents don't attack. Put these guys in a 6x6 area and see who goes down first. Phone Post

That would favor the more powerful puncher I think, wouldn't work great for pitter-patter punching.

And lol @ no one can beat diaz unless they hold him down or run away. It is called stick and move, and learning to defend a takedown.

And I like Diaz as a fighter, his fans are delusional though.
3/24/13 5:18 PM
MattyECB
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanted Martin Kampman to win his next fight since he's gotten robbed, then lost brutally to Hendricks and needs to rebound.But fuck I'm down to root for Diaz again, and Kampman is so tailor fucking made for him.

Even if he starts out with technical kickboxing, which he's very capable of doing, and even if he doesn't wear down terribly which I can see happening over three rounds, he's so getting baited into a slugfest.

He should've beaten Diego, but if he dicks around like that with Diaz or gets sloppy with his footwork he's getting dropped. Even better that I could see him getting pissed off and baited by Diaz STOCKTON mutherfuckers
3/24/13 5:40 PM
GtheMVP

Kampmann vs Diaz would be awesome, needs to be five rounds though!!
3/24/13 5:44 PM
jasonhightower
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jju -
I really like Kampman, but I think he's tailor made for Diaz
I agree. Total striking beat down. Phone Post
3/24/13 11:47 PM
TheOldOne2

170lbs version of Nate vs Cowboy, minus Cowboys chin...
3/25/13 2:33 AM
dahosse
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know how Diaz gained this mythic status beating 2nd-raters and blown-up 155'ers, but kampmann would consistently beat him to the punch, mix up punches and kicks with an altogether more diversified striking game and just bloody nick the fuck up over 3 rounds on the way to an easy ud. Maybe nick would win in this hypothetical "no-time-limit parking lot/desert island" fight scenario his dipshit fans keep envisioning, but he loses the sanctioned sport fight version of this fight badly. This is actually a great fight for kampmann. I'd be asking for it also if I were him. Better than drawing another wrestler or a guy with big one-shot power. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.