UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Recommendations? Came back and I'm overwhelmed....

3/23/13 12:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
A_Butler
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I just came back to comics and I'm looking for some recommendations. I really like stuff like PunisherMax, Old Man Logan, and the new Thor: God of Thunder, and the Northlanders. Anything with Vikings is good with me. I guess the more mature, dark, kick ass art type of stuff. But, there's also a special place in my heart for stuff like TMNT. The Savage Dragon was my favorite as a kid as well.

So based off of some that stuff what would you recommend? I like the idea of the TPB's. Having a lot to read and getting my money's worth is a good thing. But i also like collecting and the anticipation of the next issue. I'm just overwhelmed at what to check out when I go into the local shops. There is so much on the shelves..... Phone Post
3/23/13 9:12 AM
danny A
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try Thor Vikings by Garth Ennis.
3/23/13 12:56 PM
paw
1315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of these have been posted on the GG....Check the GeekGround Comics Posted thread first

The Walking Dead

Invincible

100 Bullets

Chew

The League of Extraodinary Gentlemen

Nemesis

Scalped

.....that's off the top of my head.  Check the thread.

3/23/13 8:39 PM
A_Butler
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome. Thanks! Phone Post
3/25/13 10:02 AM
Stickgrappler
1353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/25/13 10:03 AM

man, your post can be interpretted a so many ways

maybe in the mature/dark dept -- check out Warren Ellis's Strange Kiss/Stranger Kisses/Strange Killings minis

if you like Savage Dragon, you may like Brit, Invincible, and Superpatriot. also image comics

3/25/13 5:46 PM
A_Butler

Stickgrappler -

man, your post can be interpretted a so many ways

maybe in the mature/dark dept -- check out Warren Ellis's Strange Kiss/Stranger Kisses/Strange Killings minis

if you like Savage Dragon, you may like Brit, Invincible, and Superpatriot. also image comics

Exactly!! Haha. That's my problem!! I have noticed that I like a lot of Image stuff. I've been going thru studio websites and checking out different series trying to get a feel for who does what. Thanks again. Ill check em out. Phone Post
3/25/13 9:37 PM
MrMead
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is what I recommend

Saga
Sixth Gun
Manhattan Projects
Chew
Locke and Key
Invincible
Luther Strode
Fatale
Great pacific
American Vampire
Crossed
Morning Glories
Skullkickers
Nick Fury War Gone By Phone Post
3/26/13 8:45 PM
NeoSpartan
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Co-Sign Mr.Mead's list
3/27/13 1:23 PM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anything written by Jonathin Hickman

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.