UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Japanese Whisky

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/4/13 4:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fnunderful
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...still no bueno....looks like i'll have to get some coke to really mask the flavor.
5/4/13 6:00 AM
Sgt. Slaphead
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I been on a whiskey experiment lately. I don't really drink much, but I have a couple ozs in a glass a couple times a week. So far Bulleit Rye, Glenmorangie 10year and Black Maple Hill.....all good to my untrained taste buds, but the BMH is my favorite because I like to sniff it as I take an occasional small sip. HEAVENLY SMELL!

We should get together for some whiskey sipping!?!?!?!?!?

This is how I roll?

5/4/13 2:42 PM
fnunderful
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN! Rumor has it there is an event for this in town later this month...
5/4/13 3:21 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a whiskey tasting/festival??.....we go!
5/4/13 3:26 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

anybody know where to get pappy van winkle or Buffalo trace experimentals???
5/4/13 4:43 PM
Robobear
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sgt. Slaphead - 

I been on a whiskey experiment lately. I don't really drink much, but I have a couple ozs in a glass a couple times a week. So far Bulleit Rye, Glenmorangie 10year and Black Maple Hill.....all good to my untrained taste buds, but the BMH is my favorite because I like to sniff it as I take an occasional small sip. HEAVENLY SMELL!

We should get together for some whiskey sipping!?!?!?!?!?

This is how I roll?

Nice paperweight! Looks old school.

5/4/13 4:56 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

belt buckle!!
6/25/13 1:07 AM
fnunderful

Tonight I am enjoying (really enjoying) George Dickel Barrel Select Tennessee Whisky. So far i had tried it neat and then on the rocks. Neat it went down smooth but with a slight after taste. The ice really opened this baby up! Super smooth with a hint of sweet vanila finishing. This will make an amazing Manhattan! I will be buying more of this!
6/25/13 2:16 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

Some people think the Dickel No.12 is better than the barrel select, but I never tried the BS so dunno. The 12 is nice though!
6/25/13 2:20 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

6/25/13 2:31 AM
fnunderful

Oh the presentation! you should model!
6/25/13 2:53 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

You've inspired me to have a little Dickel tonight.
6/25/13 3:00 AM
fnunderful

rumor has it the jnaks has a little
6/26/13 5:46 AM
JIMMYNAKS
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big or small, Whiskey Dickle pleases no one. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 5:47 AM
JIMMYNAKS
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys too fancy for me. I stick to my Fireball Whiskey because taste like Big Red bubble gum or Apple Pie Moonshine. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 6:33 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

been wanting to try the apple pie moonshine....but fucking price for the little jar is crazy!
6/26/13 12:05 PM
fnunderful

when i was in the army i had a friend from west virginia who would bring back some moonshine every time he went home for a visit. On one trip, I picked him up from the airport and the whole way back to his apartment he talked about this batch that he brought back called "Monkey Skull", because it feels like your head was being punched by monkeys the day after you drink it.
When we got back to his place he opened up his suitcase to find that the jar had busted in transit. Did this stop him from drinking it...oh no it did not. He started wringing out his socks and underwear into new jars and asked if we wanted to try...thanks but no thanks my friend.
7/1/13 11:50 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

LOFL!.....YOU PUSSY!

I knew a guy from Ga. would share peach moonshine with us in the field....WHOA!
7/5/13 2:04 AM
fnunderful

fnunderful - Tonight I am enjoying (really enjoying) George Dickel Barrel Select Tennessee Whisky. So far i had tried it neat and then on the rocks. Neat it went down smooth but with a slight after taste. The ice really opened this baby up! Super smooth with a hint of sweet vanila finishing. This will make an amazing Manhattan! I will be buying more of this!

Amazing Manhattan indeed! Happy Birthday America! May all your children be beautiful and none of them mine!
12/10/13 10:56 AM
fnunderful

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/9/english-born-whiskey-critic-says-scotch-out-americ/

Jim Murray, an English writer and one of the world’s top whiskey critics, believes Scottish malt is no match for American whiskey.

“Generally speaking, bourbon … has overtaken Scotch,” he said, according to the Telegraph.

Mr. Murray, who wrote “Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible,” argues that Scotland’s decrease in quality whiskey is due to the use of sulphur candles to sanitize some barrels that have been used to age sherry, giving it a “bitter finish.”

Bourbon, however, is aged in virgin oak casks, which do not require sulphur treatment, the Telegraph said.

“The best whiskey is coming not from Scotland any more, but from Kentucky,” he said, adding that Buffalo Trace, a bourbon distillery in Frankfort, Ky., is “arguably the best distillery in the world.”

Rosemary Gallagher, the spokeswoman for the Scotch Whisky Association, argued that Mr. Murray’s claims are only a matter of his “personal taste.”

© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/9/english-born-whiskey-critic-says-scotch-out-americ/#ixzz2n5VP2eQU
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
12/10/13 10:57 AM
fnunderful

I've not tried buffalo trace but it is now on the list....has anyone had this?
12/10/13 1:13 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

BT good....... but the distillery is famous for its other lines. Try their Elmer T. Lee......EXCDLLLENT! their Pappy line is THE HOLY GRAIL! Lots of BTD products are sought after
12/10/13 1:45 PM
FCTV808
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that guy's on some kentuckians payroll

12/10/13 10:58 PM
WillyMaunawili
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sgt. Slaphead - BT good....... but the distillery is famous for its other lines. Try their Elmer T. Lee......EXCDLLLENT! their Pappy line is THE HOLY GRAIL! Lots of BTD products are sought after
Subd Phone Post 3.0
12/10/13 11:14 PM
conviser
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Master Distiller is currently doing an Oahu tour....

http://www.honolulupulse.com/2013/12/grind-time-harlen-wheatley/

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.