UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Comic Con

3/23/13 10:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just bought my tickets, who else is goin? Phone Post
3/23/13 5:25 PM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well alrighty then. Phone Post
3/23/13 6:02 PM
crescentwrench
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How's this whole Comic-Con thing work?  My wife has expressed interest in going one day.  Are the tickets to get into the building, into a specific panel?  Is it just standing around in lines 80% of the time?  How hard is it to get tickets and hotel and all that?  Is it a plan the year before type thing?

3/23/13 11:02 PM
Chango1385
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll see you there! Phone Post
3/24/13 1:08 AM
fryabusa
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When you say "comic con" are you referring to that hipster, shark jumping, all that matters are tv and movie panels gathering that once upon a time cared about comic books that takes place in San Diego?

3/24/13 1:17 AM
crescentwrench
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awww shit! Phone Post
3/24/13 1:23 PM
Smokemonster

fryabusa -

When you say "comic con" are you referring to that hipster, shark jumping, all that matters are tv and movie panels gathering that once upon a time cared about comic books that takes place in San Diego?

Nope. I'm talking about the one in NYC lol. Phone Post
3/24/13 1:26 PM
Smokemonster

crescentwrench -

How's this whole Comic-Con thing work?  My wife has expressed interest in going one day.  Are the tickets to get into the building, into a specific panel?  Is it just standing around in lines 80% of the time?  How hard is it to get tickets and hotel and all that?  Is it a plan the year before type thing?

Not too sure myself, this is my first year going. I was hoping that someone on here would have this information. Phone Post
3/24/13 8:02 PM
crescentwrench

Keep good notes. Phone Post
3/26/13 5:29 PM
MrMead
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smokemonster - 
crescentwrench -

Not too sure myself, this is my first year going. I was hoping that someone on here would have this information. Phone Post

You have entrance to the main floors but will need to get tickets to the panels you want to go to. Once you get the tickets most people wait in line to get in for good seats. If you have a ticket you are in and do not need to wait in the lines if you do not want to. There will be lines to get things signed and meet the major writers/artists. If you want to make money off of your trip, buy all of the Image releases for the convention and sell them online. Also look at what type of things will be released for the convention and buy them to flip on ebay. Like at another convention there was this Star Wars lego set of Luke and his landspeeder that sold for $50 at the show and was on ebay for $300-400. If you do this, the trip can pay for itself.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.