UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> FIGHTERS: What is your fight day ritual?

3/24/13 8:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Shoebert
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for video. Congrats on the win! Phone Post
3/24/13 9:38 AM
Sequoyah Sandford
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a cool pic.but I have no idea how to post.via my phone. Phone Post
3/24/13 11:32 AM
RazorMMA
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wake up early and check weight. Head to weigh ins. (On the same day for ammys in nc) weigh in and head home. Eat some good carbs and proteins and drink pedialite and Gatorade. Lay on couch, or hotel bed if i traveled, relaxing until fighters meeting. Phone Post
3/24/13 12:21 PM
PayItForward
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i eat well and then i spend a few hours rubbing lotion into my skin. i let it dry up and reapply. i do this for a while and the night before.
3/24/13 12:28 PM
PayItForward
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sorry, i thought this was a different thread.
3/24/13 12:32 PM
bacon19
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to bake a cake after weigh in.. Helped me relax as take my mind off of the job at hand for a while. Day of I watch gladiator and 300. Pack my gear bag. Try not to do anything to do with fighting until I get to the venue/rules meeting. Than I hang out back. Wait until show time. I don't like watching fights the day of, just relax.
Right before the ref starts the fight I turn to my coach and say "can you believe they locked in this cage and I m going to fight this guy?"
Than go time Phone Post
3/24/13 7:57 PM
Sequoyah Sandford
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bacon19 - I used to bake a cake after weigh in.. Helped me relax as take my mind off of the job at hand for a while. Day of I watch gladiator and 300. Pack my gear bag. Try not to do anything to do with fighting until I get to the venue/rules meeting. Than I hang out back. Wait until show time. I don't like watching fights the day of, just relax.
Right before the ref starts the fight I turn to my coach and say "can you believe they locked in this cage and I m going to fight this guy?"
Than go time Phone Post
Haha love this. Phone Post
3/24/13 9:16 PM
Sequoyah Sandford

Fight starts at 2:40:00
3/25/13 12:59 AM
boulder40
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I usually slept in and didn't eat the whole day unless it was way late at night then I would just eat some fruit
3/25/13 11:29 AM
walkinassassin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice fight! Congrats Phone Post
3/25/13 12:40 PM
Sequoyah Sandford

walkinassassin - Nice fight! Congrats Phone Post
Thanks bud Phone Post
3/25/13 7:49 PM
Tyrone sBong
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boulder40 - I usually slept in and didn't eat the whole day unless it was way late at night then I would just eat some fruit
Really? Whats up with not eating day of? Where do you get your energy? Phone Post
3/26/13 8:14 AM
Sequoyah Sandford

boulder40 - I usually slept in and didn't eat the whole day unless it was way late at night then I would just eat some fruit
I have to eat through out the day. Phone Post
3/26/13 7:59 PM
boulder40
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Usually I only eat once maybe twice a day anyways so not eating day of is really a stretch for me.. I am a heavyweight so I have plenty of "reserves" to burn off.. I was told it makes you more hungry for a victory. Sort of like a starving dog/animal will fight with everything that have because they know if they lose they won't eat.. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.