UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kazushi Sakuraba: The Jester of MMA

3/24/13 9:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Miller isn't as accomplished jiu jitsu fighter as Royce/Royler were, yet he beat Sakuraba. Do you think that fight was a work?

3/24/13 9:21 PM
Samoa
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

Jason Miller isn't as accomplished jiu jitsu fighter as Royce/Royler were, yet he beat Sakuraba. Do you think that fight was a work?

One has nothing to do with the other. No.

Why doesn't your "he's green and fighting a big guy"'scenario not even remotely play out against Conan? Phone Post
3/24/13 9:29 PM
yabadaba
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diesel67 - 
Jack Slack - 

I'm unsure of the point of your post diesel... 

fighters lose? =S

Fighters lose, but this one was DESTROYED by Wandy THREE TIMES. None of them was even close. But his nuthuggers still pretend he's some kind of superman.

1) Wandy was also a great fighter

2) These two did not belong in the same weight class

3/24/13 9:41 PM
Wasa-B
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diesel67 - 
Jack Slack - 

fighters lose? =S

Fighters lose, but this one was DESTROYED by Wandy THREE TIMES. None of them was even close. But his nuthuggers still pretend he's some kind of superman.

the 2nd fight was in fact very close. you may have forgotten than Wand was 1-2 weight classes bigger as well.
3/24/13 9:56 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

Condit's Face Broke my Hand-are you only the strong survive? Are you also saying Diesel67 is known to troll?

Samoa-I think it's more reasonable to believe that Sakuraba's biggest weakness in his grappling game throughout his career, was the side choke.  I don't know about you, but I don't recall any Gracie ever getting into position, let alone apply one. I think the fact that only 3 guys, 1 who was noticeably bigger/stronger(against extremely green Sakuraba), and the other 2 happening literally at the very end of his career, is more reasonable to think his first fight wasn't a work than to think it was. You can't explain his later losses of the same technique without calling those a fluke, which would imply that Sakuraba's career inbetween was all a fluke. That'd be crazy.

1. Yes

2. I don't know about him, I've just have noticed a lot of 01ers don't seem to have any respect and are really negative. Basically the opposite of what you'd expect. It makes me wonder how many of the 01 accounts are legit, especially when they don't have high post counts. Phone Post
3/24/13 10:03 PM
D241

there's only 2 01ers who I recognize as negative contributers, auspicht I figured out on my own over time, and kingoffighters came about recently and I heard so many people calling him a troll. I thought it was b/c of one strong opinion on one fight, but turns out that dude HATES GSP with a passion. 

Other than those 2, most other 01ers are respectable and have insight or something interesting to say.

PS-sucks you lost. If I make screen name bets, I have a stipulation that if it goes to judges decision, the bet is off. That would've been better for you b/c that fight was bullshit no way either of those guys showed broken spirit or dwindling will power.

3/24/13 10:29 PM
whoabro

Diesel67 -
Jack Slack - 

fighters lose? =S

Hughes got tapped by hallman. It happens. Doesnt invalidate his achievements. Phone Post
3/24/13 10:30 PM
whoabro

Also, saku seems like the kind of guy who would admit the kimo fight was a work if that was the case. Hes never had a big ego and clearly gives zero fucks. Dont see any reason to doubt him. Phone Post
3/24/13 11:36 PM
YVES JOCKSTRAP
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
3/25/13 12:45 AM
WOOFticket
456 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
3/25/13 4:52 AM
INDK
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

•face palm• Phone Post
3/25/13 6:53 AM
Jack Slack
1891 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diesel67 - 
Jack Slack - 

fighters lose? =S

So losing to the best 205er on the planet at the time, when Sakuraba himself should have been in a lower weightclass is embarassing?

Styles make fights and Wandy was a bad match up for Saku. How can you have been here since 2001 and not understand that?

3/25/13 4:16 PM
Wasa-B
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/25/13 4:35 PM
Haulport

nice!
3/25/13 7:48 PM
AvAMajestic
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The OP mentioned buying Sakuraba merchandise. Other than ebay, I haven't found much. Does anyone have any suggestions for where an english-speaker can purchase it online?

Have a mate's 30th coming up and he's a huge fan.
3/25/13 8:24 PM
Jack Slack
1891 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AvAMajestic - The OP mentioned buying Sakuraba merchandise. Other than ebay, I haven't found much. Does anyone have any suggestions for where an english-speaker can purchase it online?

Have a mate's 30th coming up and he's a huge fan.

Everything I have either came from random shops in Tokyo or ebay I'm afraid =/

3/25/13 10:09 PM
jacktripper

Has there ever been a fighter more pushed by his promotion?

Takada was literally the pride figurehead and sak was thei premiere fighter from takada dojo (not to mention all the fixed fights takada was involved in) Phone Post
3/25/13 10:13 PM
D241

INDK - 
D241 -

•face palm• Phone Post

Why the face palm? I was trying to make a point that Sakuraba/Jason Miller was NOT a work.

Samoa-One more point I wanted to make was that you are taking one instance that isn't even rare, and using just the rare occurence of it as a work instead of any visual evidence.

There was a jiu jitsu fighter, I can't remember his name, a lower weight class. Anyways, he got submitted I think via triangle by a guy who was much lower level jits than he was. It was a huge upset in terms of the grappler getting submitted. That would be a work in your eyes b/c you're not basing it on how the fight played out, but rather the result of it.

3/25/13 10:31 PM
Jack Slack

Edited: 03/25/13 10:31 PM
jacktripper -  Has there ever been a fighter more pushed by his promotion?

Takada was literally the pride figurehead and sak was thei premiere fighter from takada dojo (not to mention all the fixed fights takada was involved in) Phone Post

Sure there has... 

Nick Diaz by Strikeforce, Kimbo by EliteXC - they were spoon fed tailor made opponents.

Until quite recently Michael Bisping by the UFC, also Belfort to a degree.

3/25/13 10:32 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People forget that Sak dropped Silva in thier first fight and ran in to follow up which got him caught.
3/25/13 10:36 PM
cantuna4u
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

#1. GOAT. Period. . Phone Post
3/26/13 12:03 AM
Wasa-B

jacktripper -  Has there ever been a fighter more pushed by his promotion?

Still a Sak hater after all these years eh?
3/26/13 12:04 AM
Wasa-B

There's a thread talking about best submission grapplers than arent BJJ or BJJ BBs. The fact that Sak is not mentioned in those kind of threads let alone best subgrappler in MMA period is pretty sad.
3/26/13 12:14 AM
YHTOMIT2001
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in

3/26/13 12:20 AM
Majic Sam
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

'01 lineage here,and have told the tale many times.I met Saku 1 week prior to the first Wand match at Takada Dojo and he was not happening,seemed snotty and unfocused.

Diesel 67,keep running marathons.Your bitch tits are still heavy with puppy,J..

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.