UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS: I'll take Hunt down and tap him if I have to

3/23/13 5:25 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Tell them, everything I know, I learned from the losses."
-Jack Dempsey

Former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos appeared recently on MMAJunkie Radio, and said he has grown as a fighter.

"I was trying to fight standing all the time," said dos Santos. "But it's MMA and you have to use Jiu-Jitsu and wrestling. So now, it's more clear to me. I have to use all my skills to win the fights, especially when you're fighting against someone like Cain Velasquez."

JDS fights Mark Hunt at UFC 160 on May 25, 2013, and is planning a multi-dimensional attack.

"You have to get prepared to fight anywhere," said dos Santos. "I'm training a lot in my jiu-jitsu skills, and I think I'm getting more confident in that area. If I feel I have to take him down, I will do that, and I will be looking to submit him."

3/23/13 5:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
InspiritMick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no shit.....

3/23/13 5:38 PM
DoomFarmer
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course he will...

Really hope Hunt KO's JDS cold. Phone Post
3/23/13 5:41 PM
XFactah416
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So JDS will be taking down and submitting Hunt, leaving fans disappointed hoping for a stand up battle. At least he is honest and not gonna sell you on a war. Phone Post
3/23/13 5:44 PM
InspiritMick

XFactah416 -  So JDS will be taking down and submitting Hunt, leaving fans disappointed hoping for a stand up battle. At least he is honest and not gonna sell you on a war. Phone Post

Good guy JDS doesn't bullshit the fans leading up to a fight.....unlike certain other fighters referred to by their 3 initials

3/23/13 5:46 PM
ortman166

XFactah416 - So JDS will be taking down and submitting Hunt, leaving fans disappointed hoping for a stand up battle. At least he is honest and not gonna sell you on a war. Phone Post
I still think it should be a good fight Phone Post
3/23/13 5:47 PM
TX_432
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No stand and wang?

I am dissapoint. Phone Post
3/23/13 5:55 PM
caseharts
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's when hunt subs jds... Phone Post
3/23/13 5:59 PM
absolutesperry
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My 2 fave HW's.

Hunt is no slouch on the ground, considering he has been down there a lot longer than Junior and with some pretty good ground guys. Phone Post
3/23/13 6:01 PM
semtex0809
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont be scared homie Phone Post
3/23/13 6:03 PM
HitchieG
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Standing or on the mat, I just wanna see a good fight. Phone Post
3/23/13 6:08 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InspiritMick - 
XFactah416 -  So JDS will be taking down and submitting Hunt, leaving fans disappointed hoping for a stand up battle. At least he is honest and not gonna sell you on a war. Phone Post

Good guy JDS doesn't bullshit the fans leading up to a fight.....unlike certain other fighters referred to by their 3 initials

They make creams, lotions and salves for butthurt, you know.
3/23/13 6:10 PM
InspiritMick

RileyPust - 
InspiritMick - 

I assume your insulted by the GSP reference, in which case.......don't be such a sensitive Sally

3/23/13 6:12 PM
DoomFarmer
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - Look at all this butthurt Phone Post
Look at this guy butthurt over the butthurt. Phone Post
3/23/13 6:15 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If hunt can hang with struve on the geound... he can handle jds imo Phone Post
3/23/13 6:17 PM
kinson

If Hunt wins I'll be so excited I'll start my period. Phone Post
3/23/13 6:19 PM
Porkchop

DoomFarmer -  Of course he will...

Really hope Hunt KO's JDS cold. Phone Post

Why? JDS is a really nice guy.
3/23/13 6:20 PM
Porkchop

InspiritMick - 
RileyPust - 
InspiritMick - 

I assume your insulted by the GSP reference, in which case.......don't be such a sensitive Sally

Oh the irony....
3/23/13 6:20 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InspiritMick - 
RileyPust - 
InspiritMick - 

No worries, you assumed wrong so it's all good.
3/23/13 6:21 PM
stonepony

See Nick? See how a champion does it? When you struggle in the face of superior wrestling and superior footwork, the respectable response is to try and improve your skill-set. Like every single other contender in every other division does. Like Georges did. Learned to wrestle in MMA for MMA. He doesn't threaten to retire after every single fight because it's not fair that other fighters are allowed to be better wrestlers. Junior is the same, learning to grapple because it might be his best shot against some of the bigger HWs.
3/23/13 6:22 PM
muaythai1622
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jds would be crazy to try to stand with hunt. This is the proper gameplan. Phone Post
3/23/13 6:23 PM
kinson

stonepony - See Nick? See how a champion does it? When you struggle in the face of superior wrestling and superior footwork, the respectable response is to try and improve your skill-set. Like every single other contender in every other division does. Like Georges did. Learned to wrestle in MMA for MMA. He doesn't threaten to retire after every single fight because it's not fair that other fighters are allowed to be better wrestlers. Junior is the same, learning to grapple because it might be his best shot against some of the bigger HWs.
Well said. Phone Post
3/23/13 6:25 PM
BackAndLeft
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell us something we don't know. Phone Post
3/23/13 6:27 PM
Matrixkick
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InspiritMick -

He should have sold

Phone Post
3/23/13 6:29 PM
Masakyst
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight had received so much hype and build-up as an all out war in the stand-up. I predict that quite a few people will be disappointed if it ends up on the ground.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.