UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Evans eager for Hendo, cites 'mental fog' for loss

3/23/13 7:50 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Rashad Evans has lost his last two professional bouts, the first losing streak of his career. Evans know well that in order to stay in the UFC, you have to win, and although Dan Henderson is a tough fight for anyone, Evans remains optimistic:

“I’m happy about this fight [against Henderson],” Evans told ESPN.com. “Having the chance to fight somebody like Dan is a big deal, especially after not having the performance I would have liked [against Nogueira].

“It’s good to get in there with somebody like Dan and answer a lot of critics and to show everybody that I am still one of the best guys in the weight class. I couldn’t find my rhythm against Nogueira; I couldn’t find my timing. It was just one of those things. It was like I was in a mental fog.”

read entire article...

3/23/13 7:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder if rashad is actually going to fight in this fight Phone Post
3/23/13 7:53 PM
Mufasatheking

he broke after seeing his teammate alistair get KO'd
3/23/13 8:01 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I gotta go with Rashad in this fight. It probably won't be incredibly exciting, but Rashad is far quicker than Dan. Any time Rashad starts to get backed up towards the cage he's gonna shoot for the takedown.
3/23/13 8:06 PM
Jons Forsberg

Edited: 03/23/13 8:07 PM
"It was like I was in a mental fog"

lol. Lil Nog is just better. You couldn't land your "round stealing" takedowns that would've gotten you a bullshit JD that's why you lost Rashad.
3/23/13 8:08 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
I don't like this match up for Rashad.
3/23/13 8:09 PM
ShanTheMan
665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please be 3 rounds.......
3/23/13 8:10 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

He's gonna take hendo down and take a comfortable decision Phone Post
3/23/13 8:12 PM
EvilMaster

Edited: 03/23/13 8:15 PM
"It was like I was in a mental fog"

A common side effect of people experiencing a spike in Sodium fluorosilicate levels in their drinking water. Even if they don't drink it, they still may wash their clothes in it, bathe in it, cook with it, swim in it etc...
3/23/13 8:46 PM
ValeTudo 1

RileyPust - I gotta go with Rashad in this fight. It probably won't be incredibly exciting, but Rashad is far quicker than Dan. Any time Rashad starts to get backed up towards the cage he's gonna shoot for the takedown.

Yep just like he did against chuck liddell.

But in all honesty theres something messed up at the blackzillians, Rashad needs to get back to gregs or even better get mark coleman as their head coach he'll whip them straight lol
3/23/13 9:12 PM
MdGeist

ValeTudo 1 - 
RileyPust - I gotta go with Rashad in this fight. It probably won't be incredibly exciting, but Rashad is far quicker than Dan. Any time Rashad starts to get backed up towards the cage he's gonna shoot for the takedown.

But in all honesty theres something messed up at the blackzillians, Rashad needs to get back to gregs or even better get mark coleman as their head coach he'll whip them straight lol

Evans/Liddell was 5 years ago... Rashad isn't the same fighter he was back then.

I really doubt Rashad is going to take any risk with Hendo's stand-up: he's going to get the clinch and grind out some rounds against the fence to get the decision.

I just hope Hendo is 100% healthy and in-shape so he can defend against Rashad's grappling.

3/23/13 9:17 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope this is a war... Phone Post
3/23/13 9:21 PM
FunDeath4u

Edited: 03/23/13 9:25 PM
GOOD JOB SILVA! Way to waste the last years of a legend. Rashad is going to run the whole damn fight. Lets see DAN vs. the axe murder, Dan Vs. Bisping part 2. ANYTHING BUT THIS STUPID ASS MATCH. Rashad is boring as hell.
3/23/13 9:27 PM
ValeTudo 1

MdGeist - 
ValeTudo 1 - 

Evans/Liddell was 5 years ago... Rashad isn't the same fighter he was back then.

I really doubt Rashad is going to take any risk with Hendo's stand-up: he's going to get the clinch and grind out some rounds against the fence to get the decision.

I just hope Hendo is 100% healthy and in-shape so he can defend against Rashad's grappling.

I agree 100% but was correcting the previous post when he wrote "Any time", meaning everytime, so I had to throw that little piece of fact in there when rashad fought chuck and got backed up against the cage.

I don't think rashad believes in his ability to finish on the feet no more, which is why I think there's something wrong with the blackzillian camp, unlike jacksons where greg has the psychological side of fighting covered.

Rashad has very good hand speed and power and i think he has the ability to finish dan on the feet but I dont think he has the confidence no more to try it, he built it up after the machida loss but then I think he lost it again after his loss against jones
3/23/13 9:30 PM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FunDeath4u - GOOD JOB SILVA! Way to waste the last years of a legend. Rashad is going to run the whole damn fight. Lets see DAN vs. the axe murder, Dan Vs. Bisping part 2. ANYTHING BUT THIS STUPID ASS MATCH. Rashad is boring as hell.
Rampage, Is that you? Phone Post
3/23/13 9:52 PM
ender852
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FunDeath4u - GOOD JOB SILVA! Way to waste the last years of a legend. Rashad is going to run the whole damn fight. Lets see DAN vs. the axe murder, Dan Vs. Bisping part 2. ANYTHING BUT THIS STUPID ASS MATCH. Rashad is boring as hell.

Why are you trying to protect Dan and give him favorable matchups? Are you his manager? His mom?

3/23/13 10:07 PM
DevinS
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighting after a break up would be rough...doing it fresh off a divorce with kids would be brutal. Hope Rashad does well in this fight.
3/24/13 12:11 AM
Phisher

Jons Forsberg - "It was like I was in a mental fog"

lol. Lil Nog is just better. You couldn't land your "round stealing" takedowns that would've gotten you a bullshit JD that's why you lost Rashad.

Takedowns get you a law degree?

Shit, if I'd known that, I wouldn't have wasted so much time studying for the LSAT.

3/24/13 12:21 AM
Jons Forsberg

Phisher - 
Jons Forsberg - "It was like I was in a mental fog"

Takedowns get you a law degree?

Shit, if I'd known that, I wouldn't have wasted so much time studying for the LSAT.

3/24/13 12:34 AM
FunDeath4u

ender852 - 
FunDeath4u - GOOD JOB SILVA! Way to waste the last years of a legend. Rashad is going to run the whole damn fight. Lets see DAN vs. the axe murder, Dan Vs. Bisping part 2. ANYTHING BUT THIS STUPID ASS MATCH. Rashad is boring as hell.

Why are you trying to protect Dan and give him favorable matchups? Are you his manager? His mom?

I am a lifelong Dan Henderson fan that wants his last few fights to be exciting win or lose. He already said screw the title so put him in some matches that the fans want to see. Like SHOGUN vs. Hendo 2. How would you like that? No? Hate watching awesome fights? Rather see Dan chase Rashad around the ring? You must have loved the Dan vs. Machida fight... I don't understand people like you.
3/24/13 12:41 AM
ender852
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did love the Dan vs Machida fight!

3/24/13 12:45 AM
FunDeath4u

GloverRampagedMyBrownEye - 
FunDeath4u - GOOD JOB SILVA! Way to waste the last years of a legend. Rashad is going to run the whole damn fight. Lets see DAN vs. the axe murder, Dan Vs. Bisping part 2. ANYTHING BUT THIS STUPID ASS MATCH. Rashad is boring as hell.
Rampage, Is that you? Phone Post

Hmmm after reading that it does sound like I hate Rashad lol. I don't care about him though. Really this is more about being a Hendo superfan wanting to see him go out guns a blazing rather than fade away after a couple boring fights. I want Hendo vs. Shogun 2. I have decided. Thats what they should do. I would pay for that one. I would pay double for that one.
3/24/13 12:50 AM
FunDeath4u

ender852 - 

I did love the Dan vs Machida fight!

Why?
3/24/13 12:52 AM
ender852

because Machida is in my top 5 favorite fighters

3/24/13 12:54 AM
ender852

he fights exactly the same way every fight.

some fights he gets the knockout:  "Machida is one of the most exciting fighters out there."

he doesn't get the knockout: "Machida is boring as fuck."

LOL, it has nothing to do with his opponent...

**rolls eyes**

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.